What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~25 200gal smartie coco grow, woah.

loving it
smile.gif

I am so going back to coco when i get back into it
smile.gif

Thanks shroomy. Yeah I love coco..and I really feel like amended coco is the ultimate. My first grow was soil, ever after was hydro...and recently I was blessed w/ amended coco. I really believe it's the best of both worlds. A perfect hybrid between soil and hydro.

damn man quite an impressive set of rooms....wish i had that many lights! that veg room is epic, along the lines of GD's 6k veg room....thanks for the pictures man.

500 gal res wish i could get one of those....il probably just get a 100 or 200 gallon and just refill it every few plants....

Thanks for the kudos.

The veg is all 600's, like 8 of em. It's typically used to early veg for like 4 different rooms...so ordinarily it's way overcrowded... fortunately the timing all worked out on the flower rooms so that there are no veggie babies in there for the next 2-3 weeks. Perfect chance for the OD plants to get some light before going outside.

I consider myself lucky, cuz if that weren't the case I'd be runnin in circles tryin to get em outside. This way I've got a few weeks to get the plot sorted, and they don't have to battle cool temps or anything.

Yeah I think at least a 500 gal will be a must in my situation. My intent is to have a pump on a timer w/ premixed solution in the res...for those days where I just can't break away n visit the plot.. it'll take some time to dial in though. Me busy busy, so it'd be unfair to the plants not to :tiphat:

Cheers

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i hear you...quite a juggling act when doing both indoors and outdoors....i only have 5 lights indoors and my little plot up north and its taking all my time...couldnt imagine being in charge of 30lights and doing a large plot at the same time.....gonna rack up that mileage!

I'm on a good team and this is all we do.

It always helps when your work is your passion, and your passion is your work.

If I hated this job, I'd have burnt out within the first month or two. I'm really good at stacking more and more on the plate, taking on more and more responsibility.

Hehe yeah, I've already racked a few lifetimes worth. :tiphat:

Cheers, hope all is well in your garden :dance013:

Sexed the Space Queens this afternoon, 10 females out of the 20 beaners. Culled the males, took clones and labeled em first...maybe make some crosses later.

Potted those 10 females up into 2gal's.

Also potted everything that was in a 2gallon (XJ, Diesel, Headband, OG, Skywalker) into 7 gallon smarties.

Gettin tall. Looks like they'll go outside at close to 4 feet!

Be back w/ pictures later, ciao

Some of the XJ's in veg are touching the lights now. Been raising and raising and raising em. Running out of headroom!

The veg space is becoming overgrown, but I'm stalling to decide what to do as far as the plot goes.

Looks like it's actually gonna be two separate plots. I don't trust either one fully (light wise, not security) so I figure I'll hedge my bets and go half n half.

Tomorrow looks like day 1 of mad clearing on the new spot that's been scoped out. Gonna be a few days hard work, but should make a nice plot. We shall see.

Anywho, all the girls are looking chipper...but need to go outside this week. That veg space is in demand...we're talking clones slated for indoor w/ 1.5 ft of roots in an aerocloner. HAH!

Cheers y'all :wave:

The XJ Diesel room I showed earlier, just about to week 4 I believe.
attachment.php

A room full of Purple Urkel somewhere in week 4 flower
attachment.php

Canopy of Urkle

attachment.php

Be back tomorrow w/ vegroom shots. It's amazing how much they grow in just a week or two. Hard workers!

Also mentionable, they're definitely going into 100 gallons. 200 gallons can wait until next year when I'm confident it works/is necessary.
That whole room of urkle is around 180 gal's of Basement....
Gets me to thinking I don't think I need quite that much for one spoiled plant :D YET

Peace

Attachments

• cleaned_IMG_0279.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0279.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 14
  • cleaned_IMG_0280.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0280.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 11
  • cleaned_IMG_0281.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0281.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 15
Just wait til you see them now! They're cruisin.

Decided I wasn't comfortable w/ all the logistics of the previously selected OD spot...

So I'm building them a temporary home until I find the right spot. Got a nice little patch of thorny black berries or something...started clearing it out today...finish tomorrow. They'll live there until I buy property for them to flower on.

Thanks for swingin by shroomy

Be back w/ pics tomorrow:D

Put most of the girls outside today.

A temporary plot til I find a permanent home for them, not comfortable with any of the potential places of previous.

Anywho, here's the remainders. The lemon and the space queen will stay inside til they get kicked out by vegers.
Prolly pot up the space queen tomorrow.

attachment.php

Space Queen from behind, Lemon amnesia to the right.
attachment.php

My favorite Space Queen, has the pineapple funk of Cindy...and her branching is dope. Straight cross, no diagonals. Leaves bigger than my hands..two or three of this phenotype in the batch.
attachment.php

The temp home. Situated in a buncha blackberries. Took like 5 hours of clearing. Also years worth of coco to shovel away...don't want em growing into it (since it's only temporary). Tossed down some plastic crap from the local hardware store to keep em from sneakin thrugh the smarties...which they're already doing.
attachment.php

So that's the XJ, Diesel, OG, Skywalker, Urkles are the bushy fuckers. All in 7 gal's..Prolly pot em up in a week or something, we'll see.
attachment.php

Cheers y'all.

Thanks for swingin by shroomy :D :tiphat:

I reckon the next few weeks will be uneventful in outdoor land. Least til I buy some land and get em really rollin. Fortunately they've had a nice early start up til now.

Crossing the fingers that they don't need supp. lighting. Hopefully the days are long enough..I think so.

Attachments

• cleaned_IMG_0286.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0286.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 14
  • cleaned_IMG_0288.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0288.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 12
  • cleaned_IMG_0289.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0289.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 13
  • cleaned_IMG_0290.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0290.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 13
  • cleaned_IMG_0297.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0297.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 12
Mini Report

The outdoor girls are lookin good. The skywalker is up to shoulder length now, most of the others are somewhere between waist and shoulder.

All lookin good. Fairly lanky, but that's fine by me. Except the urkles...they're such compressed little bushes.

Most everything in 7's is ready to move up. Roots poking out the bottom and lower sides looking for somewhere to go.

Gonna pot up the Space Queens tomorrow hopefully. They definitely need it.

Prolly stick the Lemon Amnesia's outside tomorrow too..they're taking up too much vegspace.

Also noteworthy, they're really suckin down the juice. Need water every other day. I was expecting every third day...as my indoor girls go every other. Didn't expect that :D
Shoot, hopefully they'll be 2x a day when they're full grown!

:blowbubbles:

Space Queens from the back. Lemons to the right. That tall lanky beast at the front is a skywalker or something, not destined for anywhere.
attachment.php

Gettin biggg
attachment.php

:wave:

Attachments

• cleaned_IMG_0302.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0302.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 12
  • cleaned_IMG_0301.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0301.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 13
Someone gave rep and mentioned I don't talk like a CA local. Can't tell who..doesn't show, dunno if it's cuz low posts or if that's just how IC works now.

At any rate, no I'm not an Easterner like you asked. Moved here from the Upper-Midwest. A no MMJ state where I'd have likely gotten 74 life sentences for growing the plant I love.

As for the water and nutes, yeh...me crazy ;D

:dance013:

Doin nicely.

I'll be taking a little week hiatus, looking forward to waiting a week to peek. They'll be ginormous methinks.

I got out to em early this morning. Was really cool to see the leaves standing vertically...tracking the sun. Never caught that indoors before. Mentioned it to a friend and was told that means they're happy. Sounds good to me! :)

Prolly gonna toss some poly squares I bought at the hydro shop ontop the pots incase of rain. Dun want the rain gods fuckin w/ my feeding schedule:blowbubbles:

attachment.php

Skywalker (a bit above shoulder height)
attachment.php

attachment.php

The temp plot is chuggin along :wave: The tall ones are about 5' from tip to base of the smartie.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Indoor Skywalkers, cruisin along. Mid week 4. XJ at the back
attachment.php

The urkles crack me up everytime I see em. Everything else is growing a couple inches a day...urkle just keeps getting wider and wider. Not interested in growing taller I guess.

I'll be getting a better camera to the plot soon. Picture quality has been dogpoo, but what can I say.

Cheers y'all, hope you's havin a great start to the season :wave:

Attachments

• cleaned_IMG_0303.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0303.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 13
  • cleaned_IMG_0304.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0304.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 12
  • cleaned_IMG_0305.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0305.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 15
  • cleaned_IMG_0306.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0306.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 12
  • cleaned_IMG_0307.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0307.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 12
  • cleaned_IMG_0309.jpg
    cleaned_IMG_0309.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 12

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
awesome flicks man....how do you plan on repotting from those smartpots...gonna cut through the material?

good shit though...wish mine were shoulder length...i gotta get back up north to the farm and check game i dont feel good having my friend in control of everything..

Those are only 7 gal's. So once they've developed a nice rootball I'll just fold em down.
Prolly take two people to do, but I'm not sweatin it.

The real killer will be if they're in 20's before they make it to the final pots...20's would be tough to remove methinks. If I don't have the permanent home fitted by the time I get back next week I'll pot into 20's to delay. Chances are that'll happen, got lots going on ATM.

I'm not totally against potting em up anyways, in fact I'd prefer to go 4x4, 1 gal, 3 gal, 7 gal, 20 gal, 50-100. The difference between plants potted up and plants tossed in a big ol container is insane. I've done side by sides (granted not outdoors and not in mega pots...but still) and the difference is huge. My guess is the roots more fully colonize the pots when you do it one step at a time...as opposed to just making a bee-line for the outer edge.

Yeah, I hear ya. Everytime I ask someone to watch my girls...sucks. Most people just don't have the eye for the details. All the indoor rooms I feed based on an extremely loose schedule...mostly by feel...about 15 seconds in the room and the girls lemme know what they want. So easy to see if they're over or underfed, deficient etc. Somehow friends and whatnot just can't quite get it. Guess you learn it overtime.

Thanks for swingin by YesProp. Hope all is well on your plot

Thanks for the kind words Haxi.
Your plot ain't lookin too shabby either :D

The end of season will be here before we know it. For now I'm just really enjoying this part. The early stages have always been my favorite part of growing. If I could I'd prolly just hand em off to someone else once they're on autopilot.

Not to say I don't love big fat budfilled plants..but this part of the grow is where my heart swells. Right next to poppin seeds. Thats numero uno.

GAME

Excellent flicks. Especially paying attention to the outdoor ladies. Very interesting indeed !

Welp, they're getting hit with their first rain this morning.
Didn't get up early enough to cover the pots w/ poly..oh well.
Prolly could use a good flush anywho.

Cya in a week w/ updates.