What's new

24K Lighting Controls

whazzup

Veteran
You should of put all the same ballast together, and have them in all the same direction, just my OCD talking.
Though most ballasts have a warm end and a cooler end (so warm end up would be best) it is even more important to keep you lamp cords and mains cords separated as the lamp cords could generate high frequency feedback into the ballasts. And since all machines are amplifiers that is not a good idea ;)

Mounting your ballasts vertically is always the best way, as it allows the air to move up through the cooling ribs. This provides the best cooling of the electronics, which is important, as heat is one of the main reason why electronics fail. Always keep them out of the light too.

Nice job!

Though most ballasts have a warm end and a cooler end (so warm end up would be best) it is even more important to keep you lamp cords and mains cords separated as the lamp cords could generate high frequency feedback into the ballasts. And since all machines are amplifiers that is not a good idea ;)

Mounting your ballasts vertically is always the best way, as it allows the air to move up through the cooling ribs. This provides the best cooling of the electronics, which is important, as heat is one of the main reason why electronics fail. Always keep them out of the light too.

Nice job!

I was just debating that in my mind this morning....which way would be the most efficient method of hanging my ballasts, or just letting them sit flat on the wire kitchen shelves I re-purposed. I was thinking that there was some sort of lubricating issue; that the fan bearings may not self lubricate at that angle like when you drive a car on 2 wheels too long and the oil runs to the wrong side or when your outside AC condenser unit isn't on a level platform. I love this site......I didn't even come in here looking for that!!
:dance013: :thank you:

And those are some sick setups.....I don't know jack about electricity besides what I know from high school shop class but is apparent that you guys are master electricians. When I take the next step, I may need to fly one of you guys out to where I'm at to build me something, because I'd be WAY too shook up to just ask an electrician to wire something that crazy in a location........ :respect:

Latest posts

Latest posts