What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

23 Strain Cross with Reversed Black Truffle

als_weed

Sorry if I missed it, what’s the genetics behind black truffle?
Black Truffle (BTFL)

Is Pure Michigan x White Truffle. This clone is the perfect mix of its parentage. The stack n smack of the spectacular Pure Michigan gets a flavor and buzz upgrade from BeLeaf's wonderful creation, White Truffle. The flavor is pure opium and rubber. The buzz has that rare magic fingers effect on your scalp, while melting your nose off.

The overall experience is like a double shot of heirloom whiskey slowly sipped with a fine cigar.

It's the current hotness around here. I think the clone price has finally fallen to around $1,000.

Thank you for your interest

-al

Here's Pure Michigan at the Chop:

prmi001i2.jpg

als_weed

How many of your 23 strains are from you? Or are they only clones?

3 are from me:
BRLC, GDGP, and WAGL are my cuts, the rest are chase clone-onlys that range in price from $30 - $1,000 from Green Rush Farms.

On the first page I have included some of the basic history of each participant. I have access to another dozen high end clones, but selected only those that would make the most interesting combinations with BTFL.

Thank you for your interest.

-al

Here's my White Angel:
wagl001_edited.jpg

als_weed

-al's Mail Bag

Occasionally I will repost questions asked in other forums or mail that seem relevant.

Love yer work and what you are doing! I see you have experience in germing problem seeds. What was your most interesting pop and what's your best advise? -m

Several years ago, a Vet gifted me a cache of seeds from Viet Nam circa 1971. At the time, they were over 35 years old and had never been properly refrigerated. According to him, they came from the best weed he had in country.

I couldn't refuse this gift that over the years had become one of his most precious mementos of the time that forged him into the human being he became.

Those 60 seeds turned into 7 sprouts using all my trix. Those sprouts turned into 2 solid rangy females that I put into bloom with just a little trepidation. I knew they were a tropical sativa, and man they were that! 140 days and never finished or stopped stretching. Both were hermaphroditic and destroyed my entire production bloom room.

It was worth it when I delivered the ugliest, most expensive ounce I've ever produced. That smile on his face when he tasted the licorice flavored electric weed was priceless.

The best advice I have is to refrigerate your seeds in airtight containers and use sterile technique whenever working with them.

I've been watching you do awesome grows for a while. So what's with Green Rush Farms? Is that you or what? -b

I've recently joined forces with Green Rush Farms. I'm doing crosses and pheno hunts that GRF will then produce seed packs and clones that will be added to their excellent catalog, and available to the public. All my work is done in real time, with honesty and openness, right here for you to see. If you see something you like, you can get it, no sales pressure or hype involved.

They have 2 facilities in the state dedicated to producing and shipping high quality clones across the country. Meanwhile I get to stay in my lab and create the beautiful strains of my dreams. I no longer have to manage production operations. Instead I get to pop seeds that I would have never gotten to, and have access to dozens of the best strains in the world to breed with.

Go to GreenRushFarms.net or check them out on Instagram.

Is this just about pushing overpriced unknown crap on the masses? -j

Absolutely not. It's true there are expensive clones available, but there are plenty of cheap ones as well. In fact one of the cheapest is Chocolatina. The clone was phenohunted by GRF and produces a medium tall bush of dank chocolate gassy buds. I've included it in this project because of its results, not its price.

If you want the new hotness, its available. But with a little patience and training, you can make that bargain look like this:

CHTN001o.jpg

-al

als_weed

Bloom Day 14, Unit 4

Unit:

BTX031.jpg

The trellis is in, and just in time. We have few that were leaning a lil hard.

Everyone is thriving and looking lush. YAH4 is tallest and stretching. It's max growth time, so pinch to stop an inch on our tallest girls.

Data:

BTX032.jpg

The plants have started to eat every other day. A sign of excellent health at this age. I continue to struggle with a high pH. pH swings are normal, and required for the plants to have a chance at optimally acquiring all the nutes they need.

Ya Hemi #4:

YAH4 is the sister of BBRD. You wouldn't know it by looking at the plants. YAH4 is the slim tall sister to BBRD's width and chunk. They share dark exotic leaves, that still look different from each other.

BTX033.jpg

The Cycle of Life:

BTX034.jpg

A look behind the scenes in the bloom boom room.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

als_weed

Bloom Day 28, Unit 1

Unit:

BTX035.jpg

Data:

BTX036.jpg

Side:

BTX037.jpg

The plants are eating heavy after the first res change. The stretch is slowing and it's time to stack!

I have started to remove fan leaves in the bud zone. I leave the very top ones and take out any that shade buds. The leaves beneath the bud zone are left on until the plant drops them. We use them to help foliar feed throughout the bloom cycle.

It's almost pollination time! I want the buds to get a little larger before the first pollen flies. I plan to keep hitting them until around day 50 to ensure fully developed seeds.

-al

als_weed

She-Male Update

Some Breeder Humor:

BTX038.jpg

The pollen collection continues. Dunno if the pinup girl helps pollen production, but I'll try bout anything!

Closeup:

BTX039.jpg

Sorta side by side:

BTX040.jpg

I bet most readers have never seen a full blown male next to a female for comparison purposes. Here's your chance - sort of!

-al

goingrey

Lookin good. How did you attach the bamboo sticks to the wooden planks, drill and glue? Pretty neat how you can attach them to the Aeroflo like that.

als_weed

Lookin good. How did you attach the bamboo sticks to the wooden planks, drill and glue? Pretty neat how you can attach them to the Aeroflo like that.
Here's the secret:

BTX041.jpg

These are my trellis bases made out of strap with holes to accept a standard dowel and a bungie cord. This allows for maximum adjustability that makes a pretty strong trellis as long as you lash properly.

Stole this tech from some commercial pepper growers. ;)

-al

als_weed

Bloom Day 21, Unit 4

Unit:

BTX042.jpg

Still stretching and reaching for the light. Happy plants all around as I'm done with pruning, but continue to pinch tall and aggressive plants like PLCG.

Data:

BTX043.jpg

The plants continue to eat normally.

Sherb Cake:

BTX044.jpg

Just a lovely and elegant plant. Leaves dark and perfect, signaling their pleasure with a touchdown!

White Truffle:

BTX045.jpg

Giant waxy leaves and thick stems immediately draws your eye to the queen in the middle, White Truffle. She's simply radiant.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

als_weed

Bloom Day 35, Unit 1

Unit:

BTX046.jpg

Data:

BTX047.jpg

The plants are eating steadily as we get ready to transition into PK boosting.

Side:

BTX048.jpg

The stretch is about done, tho PLCG continues to vine out. Some of the lower leaves are getting ugly, but I'm leaving them until the plant decides its done.

-al

als_weed

Pollen Flies!

BTX049.jpg

Spot pollenated everyone by brush. A light touch ensures that new flower development will continue, albeit at a slower rate. We will pollenate 2 more times over the next couple weeks to fully maximize seed production.

BBRD getting the business!

BTX050.jpg

Now we look for pistol browning tomorrow. This will tell us the pollen has started the seed production process.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

als_weed

Day 28 Bloom, Unit 4

Unit:

BTX051.jpg

Data:

BTX052.jpg

The plants are finishing their stretch and I have started removing fan leaves from the bud zone. We had our first res change and the plants are eating regularly.

The pollen is flying around the room from unit 1, but I will start "brushing" the buds in earnest shortly.

Mixed Grow:

BTX053.jpg

Part of the fun with this project is that we get to grow so many different strains at the same time. The sights and smells in our menagerie of moms are quite delightful!

-al

als_weed

Out of the Closet!

Him/Her:

BTX054.jpg

Pollen production has started to fall off. So it's time to roll out of the transition chamber. I want to make sure the pollen that is produced has the best chance of making a seed. I have some frozen in reserve for a late round if unit 4 needs it.

But for now - It's blowing in the wind!

-al

als_weed

Bloom Day 42, Unit 1

Unit:

BTX055.jpg

Some plants have started to drop bottom leaves a little early. With so many different strains, I'm happy to say they all seem quite happy with my default nutes.

Data:

BTX056.jpg

After the second and final res change, we have started to PK boost. This pushes the pH lower and I have adjusted accordingly.

Fertilized Bud:

BTX057.jpg

The pistols have browned and the swelling has begun!

-al

als_weed

Bloom Day 35, Unit 4

Unit:

BTX058.jpg

Data:

BTX059.jpg

The plants are eating normally. The final res change and PK boosting starts tomorrow.

Blowing in the Wind:

BTX060.jpg

We still have some male flowers the fan dropped on the buds. I've rolled the male back to the transition chamber, where I will continue to collect pollen until the plant is done.

-al

als_weed

Bloom Day 49, Unit 1

Unit:

BTX061.jpg

Data:

BTX062.jpg

Back Side:

BTX063.jpg

Front Side:

BTX064.jpg

Flowering has definitely started to wind down. Having so many strains growing together is just so much fun. All the different sights and smells, and the endlessly fascinating comparative anatomy class.

I'm almost done with the strain data cards. The data is being compiled and will be released soon.

-al