What's new

220w pl-l coco scrog cupboard

fatigues

Veteran
Any suggestions what to do with 'em? I gots a fridge I may chuck 'em in. Or perhaps vert in the tent.

Not sure what the practice is Down Under regarding large appliances. If it is the practice of a Landlord to rent the large appliances along with the house (as is often the custom here) then adding a fridge is unwise. Your LL will want to look in it to know why the one he rented to you with the house is not good enough for you.

If, otoh, both fridges and, just as importantly - the energy bill - are your own, the fridge sounds a fine plan.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Fridge posse in effect! :D:yes: I think I got a good idea for a vert scrog fridge too. It's a small fridge though, I'll try to get pics. Another thought is a tiny bedside table with a standard scrog. Whatever I do, it's a long way off. I want to have a proper place of my own first so I can get busy with power tools as well as the power bill like fatigues mentioned. It's all good though, a while back my landlord came in and was right next to my fridge, as well as walking 2m past my grow, haha.

basscadet

Go for the fridge, but beware the cookies in the fridge club, they're not the usual cookies... haha

Maybe a vertical scrog, the tubes down the centre with a circular mesh around it to weave budsites through. Or the other way with tubes around the outside, a circular scrog in the centre around the pot and weave away.

Which ever way you grow it's going to be spectacular.:smokeit:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Well this is what I had in mind. The minifridge thread is full of people describing how hard it is to work on fridges, lol. The fridge itself has really thin insulation so I wouldn't remove it. I guess that would make things easier.

picture.php

A central wall of pl-ls (144w) and a flat vertical scrog screen either side. Each plant is in it's own pot with it's own scrog screen attached, so they can be taken out for 100% access and training, or just shifted away from the lights so I can get my arm in.

No votes for a trashcan mini high-pod style? :hide: By the way I haven't seen a single ant inside for a couple of days now.

Strangely

Fridges sound a pain the arse to me from what I've read. Seals will go sooner or later with hot lights in there. Looks an efficient design you've got there though!

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Haha that sums my thoughts up too, Strangely. Also, if I drill 2 holes and buy some tubing then I have a diy water chiller for almost no effort, something that would be more use to me than another cab. We'll just have to see what happens. It would be pretty sweet if I put the effort in though. :chin: Another thing is I have an obsession with vert now, and though that's a pretty good compromise, it's not truly efficient. The only way you could get that with pl-ls in my view is to grow around a single central bulb (of course you can use more than one bulb in the total cab). That's the only way you'll get minimum restrike, and even then you get some because of the dual tubes. I'm thinking now of hanging them vert and spaced out in the cupboard in place of the 4x55s.

So anyway - First pic shows the two males I have tucked in there part growing into the fans, lol.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

:coffee::yes: totally bitchin', it's a big ol' lump of skunk.

Also, big thanks to messn'n'gommin' for adding a couple of my threads to the Library of Links sticky. It's a great honour because of the several lists around, this has always been the first place I look, since I spend so much time in Micro land. Have a good day growing, all! :yes:

Last edited:

grow1620

looking super scrub! you still gonna take her 37 weeks or whatever?

I think it was in another thread but, when you said something about the bases getting hot enough to melt plastic you meant when they're not being cooled..and not the plastic bases right? I assume that's some sort of special plastic that they make the bases out of and you meant if that plastic or the glass come into contact with something ... ?

I need to get me some pll's...:grinch:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Harvest will be "quite late" compared to you drug fiends' harvests, haha. I have a lovely chemical in there to worry about. About the plastic, that was really just that old-ass bulbs fault. It had a hard life before it got to it's new hard life with me.

Since I put the 2700k bulb in, it's back to regular pll "very hot" instead of "melt plastic" hot, and that can be cooled relatively easy. The plastic that melted was the side of the tent or something as I was removing it. Whatever they make the pll bulb's bases out of is very good and doesn't seem to melt even with the fan off. CFLs will start melting the plastic I found.

Overall they're easier to cool than cfl so don't let it bother you :dance:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
It definitely looks 6oz in pics, but I'll be honest and say it won't be that much. Well, you never know, haha. Now the leaves are dying off she gets more light down low.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
DAMN Bruz she just keeps getting phatter by the day :tree:
Both of my Dyna x PDs in the same container are both male and my fav has showen me her white hairs :woohoo: the males are staying in the flower cab for now, should result in some interesting crosses. Here's a couple of pics because I'm bored shitless @ work:-
the boys and girl in flower cab

the boys, I'll keep the strongest male to be a permanent harem stud.

ya nuts are hanging out mate

here is Lil' runt of the Dyna x PD finally starting to find it's feet in the veg cab with some dutch indoor mix babies.

veg cab with my Lot 2 mums up the back getting trimmed by extracting fan hehe.

lights out last night in the flower cab.

Happy Gardening Bro.
Peace.
:eggnog: :smoweed: :xmasnut:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hehe thanks for the look around the boom room. :yes: You've really mastered column growing or however that's called. That's more or less what I want to do with the vert pll's in the cupboard plan. The camera is sick! Even with IC's low quality, you can tell it's the bomb.

I made my first aerated compost tea yesterday! It seemed to work! :woohoo:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thanks yo :):yes: sorry I got no pics :smokeit:

BC, I used compost, kelp, and some soil activator products. I haven't had anything I would call compost up to now. This is just bagged stuff but seems ok. Searles.

basscadet

Thanks yo :):yes: sorry I got no pics :smokeit:

BC, I used compost, kelp, and some soil activator products. I haven't had anything I would call compost up to now. This is just bagged stuff but seems ok. Searles.

Sounds good scrub, the good thing about organic teas is you can make them for next to nothing from things you usually throw in the bin.

I chop up banana skins and put them in for a bit of potasium, chicken manure and earthworm castings. So easy and so good for the plants.

:smokeit: