What's new

220w pl-l coco scrog cupboard

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
picture.php

Beautiful and amazing use of LST and what available space there is to use bro :respect::respect: very very beautiful and inspiring scrub, keep on killing it with those PL-Ls, i can see myself rocking those bad boys in the not too distant future.
Happy Gardening.
Peace.

superpedro

Veteran
Thanks, nice update!
I'm planning on using sylvania 865 for vegging and Osram dulux-L 827 for flower. I've just posted a preview. :)

Right now I'm running 4 triton tubes and two 865's though. The tritons stolen from my aquarium supply until my last stuff arrives. :D

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Thank you Boom, I try :D I'll be stoked if they look anything like yours. You think I should trim more leafage out?

Cheers Pedro, I'll check it out and nice classic selection there. One thing I found interesting is the high-pod used 4100k. I didn't re-read too closely but he mentions having some bluer bulbs available for veg but it looks to me like he used the 4100's all the way. It's funny cos if you read the thread, it's revealed that inefectualize really, really knows his shit :D So I'll be interested to see what happens in mine.

Edit: Oops, cheers zoidy! :yes: :D

superpedro

Veteran
Look at narva's colour selektion. I'm still looking for a place to buy them though. (0152, 0182)
But allmost as clean PAR colours as LED: http://www.narvadanmark.dk/spectral_energy_curve.phtml?sid=6

Some 4000k tubes(use alot of differerent colours for my plant-aquariums) contains a mix of red-green-yellow-red (daylight), with a nice Blue/red ratio not unlike hps, but all the colours in the middle is IMO a waste of power.
I find the avg. colour temp misleading since the mix in theory could be made without the essential colours for photosythesis.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
I find the avg. colour temp misleading since the mix in theory could be made without the essential colours for photosythesis.

Man, you are so spot on. And those bulbs look amazing!! Your cab is amazing! EVERYTHING IS AMAZING! :woohoo:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
man you make me want to line the walls and ceiling of my cfl cab with PLL's when I have extra cash!!

Strangely

Just finished back-reading the bits I've missed (like a good boy). Those aphiddy little f**kers looked nasty. Dealt with calmly though dude - research and act. I don't think you should smoke any of it though. Best you ship it all to me and I'll courageously work my way through it for you. That's just the kind o' guy I am! :smoke: :D

Seriously though, unless you're baking your arse off and don't usually smoke (I'm 99.9% sure you toke) I'd say 'get it down you'! No worse than most of the stuff we've all bought. And as you say if you can eek it out a bit time wise all the better. I don't get the stoney smoke snobbery myself, if a smoke puts me on my arse all the better. As you're a man of similar tastes Scrub, what strains would you rec? Not too hard to grow, reasonable yield but killer bud, price not an issue for seeds...
:eek::

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hi all! Strangely, good to see you're keeping up! Yeah I have no qualms as long as I let it go that time. As long as the buds don't fall apart like mouldy pidgeons, I'm happy. Someone on The Pure thread actually took there's about as long as I plan to but that may have been the "fake pure" that was mentioned, dunno. DI also mentioned he took his a long way without serious probs. So, all good.

Man, if I could grow any strain from my past right now, it would be Australian Blue. Couldn't kill it if you wanted. Very strong smoke, somewhat trippy, psychadelic, and gives you a slight paranoid feeling, which personally I kind of like! Veges fast and flowers fast. Mind you, I had an indica leaning F2 (A pal made seeds from the pack he bought), so I suspect my experience was different to most. In the F2s there were a lot of "Duck" which is same kinda thing to wallyduck's old "ducks foot" strain. So you're sorta getting some free weird genetics with the seeds that will come in handy for breeding (appealing to me).

On the other hand, there's the sativa pheno Afghan1 which was the best smoke ever, overall. I only grew this outdoor and it didn't yield so well for any pals so I'm not sure I would recommend it to you. Also, you gotta grow them all out in hope that you get the right pheno. And then you got a sativa in a tiny box. Nah.

*Thinking thinking*... I really like Blueberry, but I've never grown it and heard it can be tricky/mongy. All those flavour strains I really like. Anything with berry or ice cream or bubblegum in the name :D

If you only plan to buy one strain and keep it going, make seeds, breed traits of it, etc, I would go for something IBL. I still have to nerd up on it fully, but this is stuff like your Skunk#1, The Pure,
certain Afghans, etc. Stuff that's been grown for a great many years and is true breeding. Remember how the Oz Blue pumps out some other weird ass strain in the f2s? Well that's an unstable hybrid, and most strains on the market are like this apparently.

An IBL strain breeds true. When you make seed, all the offspring should be similar to the parents. The genes are all locked down and so it's a good choice if you wanna keep growing it by seed. It's also great to use as a parent in a cross for these reasons, that's why you see so many skunk crosses.

So basically I would get something with berry or bubblegum in the name, or an IBL, or an aussie blue, or an afghan1. And an indica for my tastes. I know this didn't help at all but I tried man. :joint:

OB - Mine are cool whites I believe. 4000k. Those ones you linked are what you want, you just need the ballasts and bulb holders etc. One thing I love about 4000k is that it's the perfect kelvin to observe your plants feed needs, and take photos. Warm white sucks for that. As noted, you really would have to look at the chart to see what they're really doing, but good enough for high-pod is good enough for me :)

Thund - hehe yeah she's looking good. I would look into hanging them vertically all over the roof if that's possible. Probably wouldn't be suitable for your sog style though. You ever check the vertical forum here? Crazy yields going down. 3gpw+

Cheese: Thanks pal, as do yours!

Pedro: I did a quick google and see the difficulty there if you don't speak danish. :fsu:

superpedro

Veteran
Pedro: I did a quick google and see the difficulty there if you don't speak danish. :fsu:

:biglaugh::biglaugh: I am a Dane, but that hasn't helped me in my search. The product is only to be found on the manufactors homepage.

I've grown Blueberry back in the days, but that "curly leave syndrome" can pop up at any time, I remember I've seen it posted, where it also appered in strains using BB genetics.

My favorite strain of all time is the "aurora indica" from nirvana, and it's the cheapest I've ever grown too. Sweet taste, massive rush, big yild and a very tough plant. Don't know if it was a F1 or true-b.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Ahaha, well damn. That means it's tough to find for sure! Give em a call perhaps?

Man, if you want to see a truly freaky plant, there is another one from Oz (we get a lot of mongy defects, look at me) called ABC although it's real name is mongy weed. As the title says: The Wierdest Plant You'll Ever See. There's apparently evidence to suggest that cannabis has been growing in oz for 40,000 years or something crazy. But this is the closest we have to a native cannabis (the official line is that hemp came with the first white settlers). If you search google for "mongy weed" theres a great post on an oz forum. I think you have to log in but if you read the cache it tells the story. Not my photo:

attachment.php

I was thinking about strains. I like the look of Deep Chunk. There's a cross of it called Chuck D or Chunk D that looks pretty sweet too. It's deep chunk and sour diesel.

Strangely

BB is one of the few named breeds I've smoked and known what it was for sure, and I'd agree it was one of if not the best smokes Ive ever had. But heard it can be fragile too, some say bubble can be airy if you grab a dodgy pheno. I would grow a few from fem seed and flower the good ones if I could tell by then more likely have to flower a few and reveg for a cutting or something like that. All good shouts cheers SP and scrub, will search for Chunk D now, sounds interesting!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thund - hehe yeah she's looking good. I would look into hanging them vertically all over the roof if that's possible. Probably wouldn't be suitable for your sog style though. You ever check the vertical forum here? Crazy yields going down. 3gpw+

Really 3g!!! Wow I'll have to check that out thanks buddy be sure to check the Fluoro Frenzy it's pretty fucking lovely right now and I gave a MASSIVE update cuz I'm not playing around no more :joint::joint::joint:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Thank you Boom, I try :D I'll be stoked if they look anything like yours. You think I should trim more leafage out?

Hey bro I would only trim out some center leaves if you think it needs some better air circulation, from here it looks pretty sweet, but only you can feel the heat.:yoinks:
Happy Gardening.
Peace

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Cool guys, heheh I like your style, thund :cool:

Grow hard or go home, I say :D Or grow hard at home, or whatever lol.

Boleman

Keep the good times High Scrub... Melkor here... this is my new name... check out my new thread and sump!!! Peace
picture.php

ScrubNinja

Veteran
:woohoo: Welcome back melkor and that looks incredible!

Edit: oops I was so excited I forgot to say - I did the last pollinating last night (or maybe there will be one more) and then the rest of the pollen is going elsewhere. To take the space in the tent where the hermie was, I started 10 x Trainwreck x Princess Diesel. Hopefully getting some AK47 cuts tomorrow, and I also have a few Leda Uno seedlings kicking it. Will pick up more LU seeds too. Sweeeet :cool: