What's new

220w pl-l coco scrog cupboard

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Guys I have a question I'd love opinions to. This stuff I treated her with has a 90 day period so I don't think I will smoke her unless she goes that long. I am just not that hard off for smoke. (Close though, lol). So she got treated at day 19 of 12/12. That means after the 90 day period I'll be at day 109! Is that gonna work? The first time I grew this strain I gave it 70 days, and it only had ambers scattered, maybe 5% if that.

Maybe if I run it on 13/11? I heard that slows things down and they take longer to finish. Another thing I thought of was an induced re-veg. I think it would confuse it and lock up growth for a week or more, and then take more time to get back on it's feet.

Thoughts?

Scrub, have you thought of water curing that bush beast to get rid of the chems? It could flower 109 days just fine but would likely be very couch locking, make you wake up several hours later with drool on your pillow. In the end, there is likely much more harmful chems in the food you eat not to mention tobacco... Just smoke it bro, even if it takes a water cure.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Thanks cheese and aero. Lucky for me I like couchlock so I guess that's the plan as of now. :yes: I love smoke like that! Just hope the buds don't look like dead pidgeons, hehe.

Oh and yes, definitely water cure all the way and I have a vape too so maybe I should fire that up and puff bags all day.

hilbie

so whats the story with theese pl-l lamps do they bring out the buds as well as cfls like doc budds method, from what ive seen the budds dont look so good so far in the grows that ive seen useing them. do cfls out perform them even though they are more efficient then cfl bulbs?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Grow, ahhh see what happened was...I seperated that plant so P Diddy could grow into the monster she is, but the hermie had a light leak. Ironic, I know, but true. So it had about 4 days of leak and kind of locked up. It's back on track now and I think the flowers are mature but I have to disect them because they don't seem to open by themselves. So basically when I find my tweezers, that will happen soon.

Hilbie, I hear where you're coming from. If you look at something like the High-pod, where they've had a bit of space and were able to grow a bit more regularly, and no random F-ups occured, the buds in that were insane. It's on Om's link. They do outspec CFLs pretty radically though. Other benefits are the ballasts are external, the bulbs are linear (I would be scared to even calculate how much light a cfl is wasting within it's coils) and far easier to reflect efficiently, my roof is genuinely a flat wall of light, whereas cfl's would be nooks and crannies of light and I couldn't do what I'm doing. The power factor on CFLs is around .5 to .6 and my PLLs are >.9. They are just built for scrogging or any flat growing style (which is all fluoros are good for imo). I'll try to post up some pics of this same strain at the same age when I grew it under CFLs. I would be very surprised if you could outperform PLLs with equal wattage of CFLs.

OM, cheers buddy.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
The Pure at Day 28 under (admittedly very weak) CFLs:

picture.php

picture.php

That last bud was about the biggest on it. Here's the Shiva Skunk also at day 28 which probably had the same intensity/wattage as the PLLs:

picture.php

They don't come close :) and sorry about the big pictures, I had to go through the gallery manually so I could see the day labels and then they don't let you use thumbnails. Blah.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Aigh, here's my first hermie harvest. I'm not sure if I got any pollen.
picture.php
picture.php

A few opened up though so there's a lot more pods to come. I realised at the last moment I didn't have any q-tips or fine brushes, so I had to 'guyver it.

I was also going to post the sets of buckets I got for OBBTs but it's not letting me upload those. Basically I can have one huge one or 4 little ones fit into this cupboard. The huge one is 32 litres :cool: 8.5 gallons. I think I will use it. And the others can be for vegies outside.

I lowered the pot today. There is a tiny flaw in my design. The front bit of wood that has the sticker on it hangs just a tad too low, so the very highest buds up closest to the lights get scraped a little on their tips when I open it. No biggie and it's a good indicator that it has to be lowered. I would have liked an extra half inch though. I had em pretty close to touching the bulbs before I lowered it.

I ended up trimming some leaves out of the centre. I looked in close and not much was happening with those buds.

Oops here are those obbts:

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well my friend I haven't seen these nutes in stores yet since Botanicare sent me the line for free to test out. But I did some research and I found the website for it and you can order 8oz bottles Quarts and Gallons and dude a gallon of this stuff is only $24!!!! I see Quarts of Flora Nova going for $28 at my local hydro shop and I get tastier and better results with the Organicare line I highly recommend them to everyone..

I give them 2tsp Grow per gal 1tsp Boost 1tsp Calplex 1tsp Seaplex 1tbs Humega and 1tbs Huvega for veg and also for my first week or 2 of flowering till they kick out bud sets then I switch over to 2tsp Bloom 2tsp Boost 1tsp Calplex 1tbs Humega 1tbs Huvega and I've been finishing off the flowering stage in the last week of feeding I add 1tsp of Humboldt Nutrients 100% Organic Deuce Deuce 0-0-22 and then flush with 1tsp of Humboldt Nutrients Honey ES and from the way I saw my Thunder Goos fatten up in week 6 looking like they were in week 8 I could tell it made a difference. I got the idea from Advanced Nutrients talking all that shit about too much phosphorus in bud fattening nutes and it's really the potassium that the plants need more of so I thought this 0-0-22 was PERFECT for this... I think I have a nice organic nutrient system going on and the best part of all is I don't have to adjust my PH with this mix! My tap water is at 8.0 or 8.5 you know really fucking green in the dropper test kit and when I mix up my nutes it comes down to 5.8-6.2 nice and piss yellow and my ladies are SO happy right now I'll take pics of the new rows I put in which are thriving right now... I'll post more info on the Organicare line cuz I learned a bunch of stuff I didn't know about these nutes yesterday that have me not wanting to get anything else...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Grow™ Benefits:

* Essential elements are not derived from harmful chemicals such as urea.
* Eliminates exposure to toxic heavy metals which often contaminate conventional chemical fertilizers.
* Enhanced uptake and utilization of plant nutrients.
* Increased pathogen resistance and hardiness.
* Increases plant’s metabolic rate.
* Larger fruits, vegetables and flowers.

Derived From:

Fish Meal, Composted Poultry Litter, Seaweed (Ascophyllum Nodosum), Rock Phosphate, Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Ammonium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate.

Also Contains Non-Plant Food Ingredient:

0.01% Humic acid derived from leonardite, agrimineral 72, sodium silicate.

Bloom™ Benefits:

* Essential elements are not derived from harmful chemicals such as urea.
* Eliminates exposure to toxic heavy metals which often contaminate conventional chemical fertilizers.
* Enhanced uptake and utilization of plant nutrients.
* Increased pathogen resistance and hardiness.
* Increases plant’s metabolic rates and yields.
* Larger fruits, vegetables and flowers.

Derived From:

Fish Meal, Composted Poultry Litter, Seaweed (Ascophyllum Nodosum), Rock Phosphate, Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Ammonium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate.

0.01% Humic acid derived from leonardite, agrimineral 72, sodium silicate.

Boost™ Benefits:

* Ensures optimal plant growth during every plant phase.
* Protects plants from transplant shock.
* Promotes healthy rooting of cuttings.
* Increases plant’s metabolic rates.
* Larger fruits, vegetables and flowers with higher yields.

Derived From:

Kelp seaweed extract.

0.01% Humic Acid derived from Leonardite, 0.01% Yucca extract.

Calplex™
Benefits:

* May increase photosynthetic capacity and chlorophyll synthesis.
* May increase climatic stress resistance to excessive heat or freezing.
* May aid in cell division and metabolism for crop production.
* May increase stomata opening and increase membrane permeability.
* Strengthens cell walls.

Calcium plays an essential role in plant blossom development and overall plant health. Key functions of calcium include cell production and growth, as well as aiding fruit yield, including tomatoes and peppers. Mild calcium deficiencies can appear as dark green foliage and very stunted growth, normally occurring first in new growth. Severe deficiencies can turn new growth into shriveled, off-colored, dead leaves before they have a chance to develop. Since most plants can absorb calcium at very high rates, you may need to replenish their supply from time to time with a calcium supplement like Calplex.

Humega™ is a biologically enhanced product that may increase the availability of micronutrients and buffer salts. Grow media that has been inoculated with Humega contains a large population of beneficial microorganisms which protect plant root systems from a variety of soil pathogens. The microorganisms process organic matter, and release nutrients to plant roots. Microorganisms are essential to the process of releasing bound elemental compounds.

Humega promotes soil and soilless substrate aeration and water penetration. Certain enzymes have been added to Humega, to help increase the rate of nutrient absorption and reduce nitrogen through the soil profile. Nutrients are stabilized in the Rhizosphere where they remain available over a longer period of time.

Humega is a liquid humus--a combination of natural, organic plant acids, including humic acid, in enzymatic microbial solution. In addition to being a soil conditioner with humic acid and enzymes, Humega also contains active microbial inoculants that enhance the populations of beneficial soil microorganisms.

Humega contains humic substances that enhance the rate of photosynthesis in plants. Carbon and humus build the soil profile, and balance soilless substrates by neutralizing pH and increasing the cation exchange capacity (CEC). Mixing Humega with other fertilizers may increase their absorption rate by attaching them to carbon molecules which then helps increase their absorption rate.

Humega can be used for certified organic crop production as defined by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI).

* This report is meant to illustrate that Humega is not only a soil conditioner with humic acid and enzymes, but it also has active microbial inoculants that enhance the populations of beneficial soil microorganisms. It may be used in Organic Gardening applications, as defined by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI).
SOIL FUNCTIONAL GROUP IDEAL CFUs PER GDW HUMEGA CFUs PER LITER*
Heterotrophic Bacteria 10 million to 1 billion 6.2 x 108 cfu/ml
Anaerobic Bacteria 1 to 10 million 4 x 106 cfu/ml
Yeasts and Molds 500 K to 5 million 1.3 x 106 cfu/ml
Actinomycetes 100 K to 1 million 1 x 105 cfu/ml
Pseudomonads 1000 to 1 million 1 x 106 cfu/ml
Nitrogen Fixing Bacteria 1 million 1 x 106 cfu/ml

Huvega™ Benefits:

* Releases minerals in soil
* Protects plants from stresses
* Stimulates antibiotic protection
* Reduces wilting
* Increases DNA metabolism
* Promotes high crop yields

The nature of ionic minerals

Ionic minerals are low molecular weight humic substances with the unusual ability to provide multiple natural chemical reactions in the soil. Ionic minerals have high oxygen-hydrogen levels which have unique and positive influences on plant metabolic processes.

The ionic minerals in Huvega have an extremely high cation exchange capacity (between 500 and 1000) and a small molecular weight, which allows them to attract and hold nutrients and carry them directly to cell metabolic sites.

Ionic minerals mix with and attach to all types of materials, including both synthetic and organic chemicals. Ionic minerals are active at both high and low levels. Ionic minerals are polyelectrolytes with the ability to attach to toxins and heavy metals catalyzing the breakdown of toxic pollutants and scavenging heavy metals in soils and hydroponics solutions.

The origin of ionic minerals

Minerals are created from the oxidation of organic matter. Most ionic materials are a fracture of extracted humic substances from brown lignite. The oxidation process creates a product that has a high carbon and oxygen content and contains large amounts of free radicals due to the high amounts of oxygen-hydrogen groups. These groups are vital in the electron transfer, which is important to ionic exchanges.

Huvega: Analytical profile
Composition
Calcium 0.12%
Phosphorous 0.01%
Potassium 71 ppm
Copper 0.04 ppm
Selenium 0.03
Zinc 0.40
Sodium 560
Magnesium 426
Iron 256
Silicon 46
Boron 7
Manganese 6
Molybdenum 0.19
Iodine 0.41
Cobalt 0.04
Chromium 0.11

Plus more than 50 additional minerals.

Solubility: 100% in water; complete solubility at any pH over (1) and all liquids, acids or alkalis.

Seaplex™ Benefits:

* Cold processed to protect organic integrity
* Enhanced with trace minerals
* Homogenized to prevent separation
* 200 mesh screen filtration
* Water soluble for easy mixing

Exclusive trace minerals enhancement

Our trace minerals research ensures that Seaplex’s natural, potent mixture is enriched with a proprietary enzyme structure, along with a wide range of ionic minerals. These quality ingredients are processed into a rich, creamy liquid supplement that can be applied through any irrigation feed method.

The growth hormones in Seaplex are essential for cell division, root development, and bud initiation, making it a natural growth enhancer. Seaplex is also high in betain, a natural occurring amino acid derivative.

Amino acids

Seaplex has over 17 amino acids that are essential for increasing plant metabolism of trace minerals in the soil such as zinc, manganese, iron, boron, copper, cobalt and molybdenum.

Carbohydrates and polysaccharides

Alginic acid, mannitol and mannose sugars, all found in Seaplex, are natural chelating agents that release nutrients which are tied up in the soil or grow media. Oligosaccharides--a special class of carbohydrates--are essential for bud and flower formation, fruit set and fruit and flower yield.

Organic plant acids, enzymes and micronutrients

Seaplex’s unique formula combines organic plant acids, enzymes and over 72 minerals. These ionic minerals are natural plant nutrients essential to photosynthesis, elemental metabolism and cell formation. Ionic trace minerals, a natural electrolyte, are considered to be nature’s most effective chelating agents. Their high CEC rating and small size help carry nutrients directly to the plants metabolic sites.

Seaplex can be used for certified organic crop production, as determined by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI).

I know I already posted the seaplex stuff but figured it'd be nice to have them all in one post for you to read and others to see cuz I'm a huge supporter of this stuff compared to the all the other nutrients I've tried out which is Flora Nova, the Fox Farm Trio, Happy Frog Dry Nutes ect and so far my plants seem happiest with the Organicare line.. I am curious about the new organic line from GH though...

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thanks for that man, it looks good enough to drink! I don't think it's available in Oz though so shipping would kill me I suspect. I checked on my main store of nutes and my big bottle of flower nutes has done the same thing - like someone dropped a couple of small pebbles in there. That's meant to be pretty bad but it seems to be working. I think the guano is filling in nicely for whatever's missing now (Phosphorous was definitely affected) The guano is 1:9:1 so yeah, it seems to be handling it so far but I really should get new nutes asap.

Are there any mostly organic nutes that I only have to use one or two products to get "acceptable" results? When I started with coco and chem nutes, I liked that I could just use part A & B for veg, and part A & B for flower, and add a simple P:K boost product later in flowering and get quite acceptable bud. In fact when I signed up to IC and first learnt about nutes, "nutes" meant chem hydro nutes and everything else seemed to be "ferts" and such. Now nutes seems to mean anything, even fish emulsion or seaweed extract seems to get called nutes these days. It's very confusing, lol. Small rant over!

Thanks for your help bro and my hydro store does stock a lot of the nutes from overseas so hopefully I can get something that isn't total crap. I'll contact botanicare anyway and see what they say about the organicare. Cheerz.

Oh I forgot to say, a few weeks back my town water supply changed so now I don't have to adjust ph at all either :) 5.8 on the dot, after mixing it all up.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

I was also going to post the sets of buckets I got for OBBTs but it's not letting me upload those. Basically I can have one huge one or 4 little ones fit into this cupboard. The huge one is 32 litres :cool: 8.5 gallons. I think I will use it. And the others can be for vegies outside.

Hey now we are only using 8.0gal on this side of the equator, not nice going BIGGER down under!

Peace, :joint:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Haha that was only the best one at that store. I'd like even bigger. I also want to rig up some kind of floor jack so I can raise and lower the plant easily. Next grow is going to be insane. :yes: I had a freaky deaky idea for air cooling this hood so there may be some major modifications.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
I can't raise/lower the light due to almost having to wedge the hood in :eek:: Thanks for that link man, I noticed that the hardware store actually sells some huge genuine rubbermaid equipment now. I have to measure the one I'm using at the moment but I'm pretty sure it's 11" so I'm locked to that or hopefully a little shorter. I may even fabricate a custom pot so I can use every inch of space without taking up vert space. I'm thinking of making a diy airpot if the obbt proves too bothersome.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
What are the economics of the hobby like in your land? Around here the prices to buy equipment may be complained about but an extra OZ or two makes everything all better.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Word, you gotta spend money to err, save money. :) Overall, I'd say we pay close to double what you guys pay for anything. I seem to, anyway. Plus the extra effort of finding the damn things and making phone calls and general non supply of real grow equipment - no S&P or Pansonic whispers, no full range of carbon filters and ozone shit like you have going on. In fact that's a great example, I looked up the biozone you recommeneded and nope, not available here. It's basically the same for everything. Nice enough place to live but shitty for indoor hydro equipment.

One company supply probably 80% of the grow equipment in my local hydro store. The nutes seem to have a reasonable range though. The dutch master I use is pretty much the cheapest since it's made here. Online I think it's very roughly about 55 of your bucks for a 5 litre of A & B Advance which is not what I even use. But I can't find any Gold, which only goes to show how hard it is to grow here :wallbash:

Actually I just did the conversion on a common sort of item to give an idea - An RS315 12" can fan costs $400 US dollars delivered and that's at the cheapest store I've found for general stuff. Is that a lot? But I agree any equipment won't take long to pay itself off if you know what you're doin' :)

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
You ever see the HBO series Deadwood? Well one of the cool guys "Charlie Unger" I think started a shipping line as well as being one bad ass dude. My brain accidentally works and I have the ability to pack boxes for shipping (same goes for suit cases and bathing suites!). All you have to do is put to together a list and I'm sure an international delivery / suit case or two could be arranged.

Latest posts

Latest posts