What's new

220w pl-l coco scrog cupboard

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Hehe they are on special at Bunnings at the moment if you want to see one close up. 20 bucks.

I'm even thinking of buying one for my trash :D

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Big up IC massive :rasta:

Well, I made some changes. Last night I set up the trusty old tent with a 48w CFL and reflector and I put the Full Moon Shivas (the ones that came up but not growing) and the new VBS seeds in there. I still have the outdoor seed in the cupboard under pll.

Being a tent user, I've read all the threads on pvc off-gassing etc and I started thinking about the glue I used to stick the elbows on. I used a lot of it. So just to be sure, I've switched 'em around and will observe.

Of the fm x shiva crosses, 10 have popped the soil in some description or another and about 24 of those were planted. Still just a bunch of elephant ears, if they've even left the soil properly. But...the first VBS is already stirring the soil so that's a very good sign. A couple of the outdoor seed are popping in the cupboard too so it'll be a good side by side observation.

Sooner or later, something has to grow. Elephant ears are a nice short crop but somewhat lacking in THC :laughing:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hehehe they only take one puff though. It's puff puff pass isn't it? :)
I don't think the guys that came up with that phrase ever smoked real good bud. One hit is plenty, on a rotation, with the stuff I smoke. LOL

Of course, I just ran out. LOL Gonna be a long 2 months till next harvest. :yoinks:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Haha yeah, thats true man. :D I'm a one hit wonder myself

Yeah, I am going to run out one day in the coming weeks/months too. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing a 12/12 from seed in the trashcan to make up for it, lol.

M

masterKahn

I enforce the two puff rule for joints and blunts but that's me. I hate the people who puff, puff, puff, puff, sit and wait a while, puff, then pass.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Or TALK! I can't stand when someone starts talking mid hold! :wallbash: Everyone should just roll (and grow) their own :joint:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
That's what we want too see bro, sweet :woohoo:, may the ganja gods bless you with many more. Healthy looking bugger, camera my end is still out of action but the cabs aren't slowing down. As for glue bro no i haven't used any sort only white paint and drilling, gotta love hard rubbish, both flower wardrobe and veg cab off the side of the road :nanana:, but if u have used heaps and there hasn't been much of a drying/airing time, for sure the gases/vapors released from that stuff would make it a not very nice environment for anything to grow but you have got good ventilation an circulation, i reckon the age of the seeds and the coldness is all that is happening bro. Got some more info for ya will post to ya later on tonight.
Peace.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Now that there looks like a healthy sprout :D Cooooool! :D
How many days was that? ;)

:D Word! And the best news is the second one that sprouted has spiky leaves too! And there's more stirring of course. Took 4.5 days and that includes the time soaking in water - a record of all these seeds so far.

A clear indicator of quality seeds! So I think you guys are right. I'll move some of them back into the cupboard soon and observe closely.

Just for the record, the Full Moon Shivas under CFLs still haven't grown tips. And in the cupboard the "questionable outdoor" seeds only had 2 sprout and I don't think they'll even seperate the elephant ear leaves. They're among the worst looking so far. So taking that into consideration, it could still be a problem with the cupboard/glue. But nah, it's the seeds I reckon. :):yes:

Cheers Boom. Due to me taking so long to build the damn thing, it has had quite a bit of curing time. It doesn't smell fumey at all so we'll so what happens.

Got my trashcan cut up and this thing is COOL! I'm gonna add more lights so there's one vertical and two on the roof horizontally and flower the shit out of it, lol. I can use the tent as a veg room. I'll update with pics in a bit.

Page 14 and we finally got some real leaves, lol. This has to be some kind of record. :eek::

ScrubNinja

Veteran
The Hashcan (so far)

The Hashcan (so far)

Theoretical maximum of 144 watts via 3 bulbs. I will probably run around 80 watts. Those are 500ml beer cup size cups and 8 fit in comfortably. I also have some 3 litre containers where 2 will fit, each one is only 4" or 10cm high. They also allow air in freely thru the intake. The big hole on the back is the access door, and the small hole below that is the intake. Originally I was going to use black aquarium foam for the intake but I have a smokin' idea for a seriously pro darkroom vent that I think will work. I've thought it over and over and over and it will work! If it does really work, it's cheap, easy to put together, and really only has two or three simple ingredients :D More to come.

Theoretical maximum of 144 watts via 3 bulbs. I will probably run around 80 watts. Those are 500ml beer cup size cups and 8 fit in comfortably. I also have some 3 litre containers where 2 will fit, each one is only 4" or 10cm high. They also allow air in freely thru the intake. The big hole on the back is the access door, and the small hole below that is the intake. Originally I was going to use black aquarium foam for the intake but I have a smokin' idea for a seriously pro darkroom vent that I think will work. I've thought it over and over and over and it will work! If it does really work, it's cheap, easy to put together, and really only has two or three simple ingredients :D More to come.

Really cool design man, I like it a lot. Big inspiration. :joint:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thanks brah! I saw you mention the light traps and that actually inspired me to put the last bit of brainwork in and I overcame a big problem.

Just worked out the square footage of the bin. The sides slope in slightly as it goes down, but at cfl coil level it's 10" x 12" which is 0.83 sq ft. So 79 watts would equal 95 watts per square foot! :yoinks:

If I put 3 x 48w bulbs I'd have 173w per sq ft, and dead plants because the fan couldn't cool that :)

yall are lightweights. passing joints indeed.. everyone should have their own individual joint. puff puff pass is just a nice way to waste weed by caning the joint.

one puff pass :muahaha: :fsu:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
yall are lightweights. passing joints indeed.. everyone should have their own individual joint. :
Yeah, we do that around here and the joint will last each of us all day. We're not lightweights in any way though ROTFLMAO! Wish that we were at times since the dispensary junk isn't anywhere near as powerful and I've run out a few times.

If you can roll a joint of your smoke and smoke the whole thing to your head then walk away.... it's really not that potent. 4 hits of this C-99 when cured (tiny hits... not bong rips) and your hands will start to shake. You take 2 good bong rips and you'll be downright uncomfortable for the next hour or so. :yoinks:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Love the hash can but what about the cupboard? Any idea when we might expect to see that thing kick off? :drum:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Didn't realize one :joint: between :friends: friends would receive all this attention, must be a good joint :nanana::biglaugh::nanana:.
Peace.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
lol true. :hijacked: I go to buy grow equipment and my thread goes haywire! :laughing:

Aero, good news, the 2 outdoor seeds in the cupboard had seed membrane stuff trapping their leaves closed. I took it off last night and they now have spiky leaves!! :woohoo: So indeed, there is no problem with the cupboard and they're all going back in now.

Only 4 VBS came up but they are all healthy. So, a total of 6 healthy/normal seedlings, including the outdoor ones.

This grow is officially ON, gentleman. Thanks for sticking around up to this point, y'all.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hey Scrub, glad things are looking up for ya :nanana:, i'm off to bunnings on thursday, hopefully the hashcan is there, i need more veg space, awesome design bro, can't wait to see it in action.
Here is the maybe autoflower 3wks of 24/0 now 2wks in flower
she started throwing flowering tips whilst in 24/0, havent had a plant do that before, auto?? Not sure.
Bring on the grow show, keen to see these PL-L's cranking away and plants growing like crazy.
Peace.