What's new

20k ina 6kw BOSS Blocks: Part 2

20kw dreams

I'll start out like always with some pics of the room to give ya'll a feel for the room.

Here's a shot of the environment control center. You've got a CO2 tank, controller, a little dehuy, thermostats for the fans, etc, etc

Here's my ceiling fans. It gets them out of the way

And my light pulleys. I tried those ones they sell at the hydro store, and they broke. That's the fan, wrapped in insulation to make it quieter.

My RO tubs. I've got 2 RO units that only put out about 70g a day now, but I have these 3 tubs, 35 gal each, so I can fill both reservoirs up with RO.

This is my pride and joy, my electrical panel. I think it could run something like 80a/240v if I run a thicker main wire.

Oh, and another shot of the panel open

These are the blocks I'm using. They are 8" blocks of compressed coco. You just add water.

One 30gal rez for the 2kw side

And the RO units

My Little work area

So I've got 4 lights on one side, cooled with an 8" fan + inline ozone gen

And 2 on the other with another inlin eozone gen

Now, I am constantly switching nutrients, so I don't have any "special formula" or anything I was using AN, but I'm switching to Cutting Edge Micro/Bloom + Molasses as my regular feed. I'm foliar spraying with Purple Maxx and Kelp, and will use Bushmaster, Gravity, and Purple Maxx whenever I feel like it

I keep my temps at 85/75 with CO2, and 75/65 w/out CO2.

I was burning my plants with the lights at the end of the 4kw side cause the fan was keeping me from being able to lower the light, but I think I may have fixed that problem, we'll see.

Last edited:

20kw dreams

And now...

And now...

I ****ed the last crop up because my humidity was too high, and I got mold. That was 4.5kw of Sour D by the way...pulled moldy and 2-3 weeks premature....crying shame:badday: The temps were too high for a dehuey.

BUT! Now that the weather is a bit cooler, the dehuey is working great now that it's cold enough outside to cool my lights proper, so this run should be great.

All the strains are from SR-71 this run. I've got 2kw of the Hindu Kush x Skunk#1, 1kw of BubbleGum, 1kw of Candy Shiva, 1kw of Big Shiva, and the last kw is 1/2 AK-47, then the rest is scattered.

I hit them with Phosphoload at 12/12 to keep the height under control. I also gave them 50ppm Mg on accident...so the leaves are a bit...wrinkly...from that...but they are healthy gals starting to flower hard.

These pics are from 2 days before flower, about 9-10 days ago

20kw dreams

Oh, and by the way, my camera is broken, so my pics are a little shitty because I can't actually see what I'm taking a picture of, or how the focus is. Please bear with me, someday I'll gt another camera...before the real action starts.

These pics are from tonight. I foliar once a week give or take, so I take the opportunity with the lights off to take my pics.

I'm not known for daily updates or anything, in case you were wondering.

And this is the only focused pic I got from the last batch

Wow, I finally did it

I love answering questions, and no Q is a stupid Q:D so shoot 'em over.

This is all medical BTW. I've got a few patients, who actually help me out a bit taking care of their meds. It's real-deal personal care.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very clean set-up.

I'm always in awe of others' electrical prowess.

And soon I'm rewiring a 100 amp service for 220 so I can run more on flipflops.

Can't believe I snagged the very first post on this grow. It'll be frequently watched.

Why not in Coco Forum? and no new link.. i'm thinking blue.

Peace, Love, & Coco

Last edited:

20kw dreams

funny, that's actually what I was doing. You know, I've always been against flip-flops. I don't know, I know you can run more power and save on equiptment and what not, but I like that I can do all my work at once, and that I can use the outdoor climate to effect the indoor climate. Maybe I'll change my mind one of these days. It sure would be cheaper though...

This is actually the appropriate place I think. I just wanted to get my karma up there:D

No, but I need to be around more people cause I'm trying to move the grow out of here and into a more...appropriate location. I'm going to need alot of helpp with design and what not, so I thought I would get more feedback over here.

That's a real well put together room 20kw, I would like something very similar... a bit smaller :)

I was laughing my ass off at the wrapped up fan :D resembles like my work, lol! Looks quiet though :tongue: The room is well laid out dude...

1. How many plants do you run under each lamp and what space does each lamp cover?

2. Do you prune the plants at all?

3. How long do you veg?

4. What kind of yields are you getting?

Thanks for sharing!!:wave:

I

In Vino Veritas

Alright bro! I'm with you, get her done. You know I was wondering what the hell that thing you had wrapped in insulation was, makes sense. Yesterday I put my fan on a speed controller from HarborFreight same specs as the one sold in hydro shops - only $9.99! Works great. Didn't lose a bit of power and its damn quiet now. I won't use it always, but when I need a little silence, or the lights ain't on and I'm doing something it's just more comfortable.

The ladies look good. Much thicker than I'm used to seeing from you, you're going to be happy come next harvest. Cutting Edge the whole round? Sweet!

Your 3K table is 3'x9'? How high off the ground are they, like 2 feet or more?

redwood-roots

I'm locked in and actually posted on the first page. Interested in seeing of those candy shivas perform. One quick queation about the C.Mass you were running...are the finished buds like rocks and have a pepper kick to them? Think I smoked some last week but not sure.

20kw dreams

1. How many plants do you run under each lamp and what space does each lamp cover? I've run everything from 9 to 36. Right now I have 16. I think 25 is a good number for no veg time, depending on strain. Each lamp covers a 4.5 x 4.5 table.

2. Do you prune the plants at all? Yes, heavily. The plants in the first set of pics were stripped of everything but the top couple inches. IT slows down growth to do it like that, but I find it's just easier to do the pruning when I first move them onto the tables in veg, then 2 weeks later when they are into the net and have drip stakes.

3. How long do you veg? varies, but this time 1 week in the big tables, and 3 weeks under flouros, but that was way too long an they got overcrowded. I would say 1 week or 10 days under flouros, then another week under the HID's would be better.

4. What kind of yields are you getting? I should get 1.5lbs per light or so on a decent run. Last couple runs were 1lb per light, then the yields increased back from there to 1 3/4lb/, which was my highest yield. The biggest problem I've had is with plant height, and high humidity. The height thing is not going to get resolved until I move, so it may be a while till my yields get back up.

IVV- They are 4kw, and it is 17 x 4.5 x 28"...I think..maybe 30"

RR - That doesn't sound like it. The nugs are hard, but not rock, but that's just mine. But the bouquet is more sweet skunky. I call it a "cheesecake" aroma.

Sup IS , I'll need it. I'm sick of having this or that problem. I'm plagued I swear to god. Hopefully I'll also be moving in the next 30 days or so to bigger and better things. I kept the plants low though, and the dehuey and CO2 are working, so hopefully things are setup to be just about perfect, with the exception of low height.

GDH:wave: I think pit-bulls are great dude. They are always super nice dogs IMO, and I usually think dogs are annoying, but I do like a nice, calm pit-bull. Enjoy the show bud.

I'll be getting a new camera one of these days.

T

terran2

Hey 20K , tx for putting up the pics ....i need to spank myself in upgrading to a new digital cam soon too to get better macros .

Had a bit of mold prob this last round too with the HK's which hope not to repeat , (luckily no pm at all , just a few mites popped up) . Will be testing out a cut of some SD gifted along with a few Romulans some local "gifted" folks have been running with & shared....they say the SD cut is a real good one . Also have 6 SSH's about ready to go under 12/12 from local clone/breeder who has some great senetics...especially loving his SOL OG x Blue Satelite cut (hopefully getting a few of those soon ) . Will post some pics as i get them going & hopefully some of the MTF will be giving some space to soon .

*The MTF cut came back to me from a fellow i gifted it to over 4 yrs ago & just sooo happy to discover he had kept it going all this time . A real solid Matanuska that does very well outdoors too with almost indoor quality colas/nugs everytime i grew it outside . Nice dense spearshaped bats indoors too with a strong creeper high that MTF is know for . This cut was originally from Sagarmartha seed stock so its a good one...

Tx for the pics bubba , good growing man ! :wave:

Last edited:
I

In Vino Veritas

Good morning 20kw Dreams.

Thank you for your prompt response to my previous inquiry. A second of your time good Sir, I'm pondering a thing or two. Are you running your coco drain to waste? Thoughts on the matter, in regards to management of salt build up (recirculating)? :joint: I love me some wake n' bake!

Ohhh 20k does it again, I didn't get a real good seat on the last show but I was watching! I'm definitely staying posted up for this one. Hopefully that mold problem won't show up this time!

How much are you paying for this blocks? I've been thinking of switching over to a system like that, I'm tired of filling 1 gallon bags with coir...

-r

Im just getting done with my second run of the whole cutting edge line of nutes too, did you like them more than the h/g stuff?

I like how the h/g feeding schedule increases amounts per gallon as bloom goes along, while the cutting edge stuff they recommend 15/ml per gallon, i feel like i was going back in time to the days of lucas formula and dwc using this stuff. Plants seemed to enjoy it though, especially the uncle johns and the plant amp! Those nutes are chelated well like the cns17 i believe, I like using the Plant Amp as PH down for small adjustments. I also like their MagAmp product, found it worked quicker than AN cal/mg ime. Humtea is what turned me on to their products, that stuff is an amazing foliar spray for the outdoors monsters, ill stick with vho for inside tho. I got a few bottles of humtea from the owner and the only thing on the bottle was a picture of a horses head with the words HUMTEA over it lol - hoping their retail packaging has some instructions for others without internet access, its a good product.

edit: you know the wattage on the dehu? i seen a few 50-60 pint ones on sale but at 600watts each i thought id hold off a bit, does that size work well for that many plants?

thanks, and nice grow show!
-stb

Last edited:

20kw dreams

Terran - Those are all nice cuts you've got. I wouldn't even bother trying to test run those SD and Rom cuts. They are going to be keepers for sure.

Good Morning IVV, how is thy day kind sir:laughing: WTF? You must be stoned
I never get any salt build up bro. There is some residue on the spaghetti lines, but that's after 4 runs.

SurferB - Those blocks retail 3.95 or something for the 8", and 2.95 for the 6". You'll get them cheaper though no doubt, but alot of stores don't carry them, so you've got to order. They are super easy to work with. You do have to fluff them up after you hydrate them. I think buying fluffed coco would be cheaper and easier if you have the space, but I don't have shit for space to make big messes in.

Sauron - honestly, I don't think it makes a shit of difference what nutrients you use. I was using CE micro to 1 part pk 13/14 at the beginning of this run, cause essentially it's just a 2x strength bloom nutrient. I don't see how HG's coco nutrient is really a coco nutrient. NPK is the same, Ca is only 1% higher out of 10% or something. HG is stronger though, so more bang for your buck. It is from overseas though, so lots of energy consumed getting it to us. I really like the PEOPLE over at Cutting Edge, and after talking to them on a couple different occasions and "testing" them, they really, REALLY impressed me with their honesty and intelligence, unlike the "Gotta Grow" Advanced nutrient distributors who are basically morons, and Canna A-holes who are just...a-holes. The HG distributor guy was pretty nice when I talked to him a while back. He sent me a nice package, bigger then the sample pack at the hydro conventions, free..it was a ltr of everything. I think HG's like is too the point not, not a bunch of BS.

Anyways, Cutting Edge just labels full strength doses, so bring it down accordingly. Plant amp does make a great ph down, and seems to stabilize a rez. Yeah, I noticed the humtea label too with no directions. Your supposed to just dilute it 1:1 or something aren't you?

The Dehuey is like 600w I think, it's a 65 pint. It's not really good for this room, when the plants are at their biggest. I think 100+ pint will be better, I'm just not ordering it till some things fall into place.

So, apparently the Sour D came out nice. It's a little light, but the primo flavor is gone, and it's potent, it's just everyone said the same thing: This could have been SOOO heady!, but it's just slightly above average potency, but it still has the Sour D flavor so that gives it a boost. It's all light nugs with the exception of a few.

I kept this crop nice and low, so I won't be dong a bunch of scrogging this run, which makes the buds nicer.

They're moving nice and fast, so I may be taking more pics more often, hoping to get some winners.

G

gdawg

20 whats up bro? i'm on, sorry for the delay. life... dang that IVVs' an early ****in riser! i gotta go show my boy some love, i think his thread was over in the soil/nursin home forum, i'll have to check on my past posts. he does look like hes got it goin on over there. i almost wanna send the good ol boy some coco blocks! nice pics for the thread 20. your rez though......reminds me of okeefenokee!! just jivin bro, you got us all jealous. i can't find the boss blocks that cheap, the best i could find online was the 6s' for 69 a case, then 24 shippin. thats rough. i think for sure i'm goin with one gall bags next run, i'd like to keep the girls smaller and i think the coco can handle it. i'll holla back @ ya, let me see whats goin on over there in the dirt.

I

In Vino Veritas

I was, I am.. :joint:

I'm sort of letting the thread die. Not much to show really. I'll update in a few days when I switch em, last day of veg is the "30th" I thought ****ing nov had 31 days..****ing burnt. I have a few things coming up, they may need to stay in veg a couple of extra days. I hope not but whatever, 2-3 days would be a lot and it may be good for me to step away from my 3 constants. No more daily updates though, not for a while. They were between 10-15 inches today. Kinda top bushy, so them being cramped under a 1000 is starting to catch up - I can probably afford to separate em some..and raise the light. I don't want to burn 2K 18hrs.. :p

I would need low tables, almost 7' (6.75') wide, and 4' deep. I was thinking of just using 1/2" ply, 2"x6"'s for walls, pond liner and sitting it on a milk crate...well 6 of em ::: I wouldn't ever flood, just catch run off. How can I raise the buckets so they drain well? real tables have grooves.. what about drainage on a diy table like that? figuring a pvc with some aquarium glue and a little pressure should be a decent fill/drain valve.. two 3x4' tables would be perfect, if I could buy em cheap I would..so damn pricey.. whatever it may not matter much come the time to make the swap..ebb-gro buckets are looking pretty good for my space too..I can do any number of buckets 8-24..

I'm surprised so many people view yet don't talk. I feel like someones experiment...:lurk:

/stay safe!

G

gdawg

IVV ya i know them tables are pricey as hell. i need to get another for my next run but i am lookin at other options. so i'll be keepin an eye on ya. my cuz may be going to look at a new place for me in the next few days and give me an idea of what i've got to work with. may be height concerns though..wonder what 20s doin???