What's new

20k Back in Coco - 6kw BOSS Blocks!

20kw dreams

This Ozone gen I got is tube shaped, so I can just slide it into a piece of 8" duct.

If you are venting the room, there's no real reason to cool the lights. Just make sure you have alot of air blowing on the canopy from an oscillating fan. If you do want to vent them though, 6" is good for 2 lights. You could cool those lights easy with the fan you have. Just hook the filter up between and above the lights if you can, then duct it over to the fan. You could duct it through the lights if you wanted too, but the 4" flanges on those reflectors would slow your airflow down.

Personally, I would just go get an oscillating fan and throw the fan and filter up above the lights. You can mount little computer fans onto those reflectors you've got if you want, just to further decrease potential hot spots, which you really won't get anyways with a fan blowing on the canopy.

I

In Vino Veritas

I'm going the way you would go, you're right. Think I'm over thinking it all. Worst case I'll just turn down the a/c or turn off one lamp. I'm going to need about two 4x12" vents minimum for passive intakes. I'm going to use the un-insulated space between the drywall as a light trap..

Thanks for your advice, appreciate the time.

T

terran2

20kw dreams said:
That's crazy terran! I have to go back and reread that though. I didn't understand WTF was going on there..:laugh:

What did you do gdawg? try and go in there every night?

Hey Kosmo:wave:

No more MJ! My hydro store pulled it from the shelf! They said something is wrong with it, and AN is reformulating it or some shit? I don't know. They said they are suggesting the Sensi line + Sensi Cal-Mag instead. So, I already had the Sensi Cal-Mag, so I just picked up a gallon each of Sensi A+B+fulvic+barricade and the beneficial line, as well as some compost tea.

We'll see how it goes. I actually had the Cutting edge in my hands for a second, but AN's marketing got to me, in the off chance that they really do marijuana specific research, not that cutting edge, being in Nor-cal, doesn't I suppose.

Too many damn choices these days. I kind of wish I was growing back in the day when GH was the only nutrient around, so I didn't have to choose.

[size=+2][glow=purple]Eureka !!!![/glow][/size]

i think we have lift off on those replacement SR~HK/skn1s ! :jump: Sure learned a tough lesson with overwatering the last batch of cuttings and having to spend so much time undoing that mistake ...never N E V E R again ! . Didn't matter if it was the Coco or the R/w ....these --->HK's just don't like too much water in the first stages .

Here's the 3 day update & they're just taking off . Doesn't look like i will have to water these in for another 3days at least ...and then only will lightly mist the tops & gently around the plug itself . Both mediums hold a ton of water especially in the bottom 4" layers so placing the plugs in only 1/2 way down was absolutely the key . Seems there's enough water down there to last 2 weeks and that's time enough to go to Hawaii :redface:

(rinsed & then presoaked /ph'd all mediums with GH 3/2/2 with little CalMag,Fulvic,Flora+, Super Thrive & B'Cuzz Root @ 500-600ppms )

hindukushxskunk1030mediwi0.jpg

* Hope these HK's are as much fire as Neptune says they are ..they're certainly going to get the best treatment this round after the setback b4 ....Meduser said he's been getting great results with AN's--> Monkey Juice & loves the stuff ...might just give it a try .

Last edited:

meduser180056

When I placed the SR RW blocks into my readygro slabs I put them 1/2 way down like you were saying and then put the drip line in the slab at the base of the cube. The slabs had been flushed and watered heavily before I planted them. Then I let them chill for 3 days with 1400watts of MH before turning on the 3000W of HPS. After 3 days I watered them again. Skipped a day and then started watering once a day for 5 days. Upped it to 2 times a day for a couple days then went to 3. I stayed at 3 till week 3 of flower and then started watering 4 times a day.
^^^
No overwatering with that method in readygro slabs.

Sounds like you got it figured now Terran. They look nice and happy. Oh yeah don't worry Neptune isn't ****ing around when he says the HK is fire. Honestly I haven't tried mine yet, but it looks and smells so mouth watering. It is absolutely covered in crystals and the nugs are big. The HK blew away the Ody in my garden. Honestly with this kind of crystal coverage I think it's gonna rival the PK.

I did have great success with MJ, but several people have said it's not available right now. I bought a couple bottles several weeks ago, but other people seem to be having trouble. I hope that all works out cuz now that I've found it I don't want to switch.

Anyhow not meaning to jack 20k's thread here. Sorry if I already did.

20kw dreams

Get to it IVV:woohoo: I doubt you'll have to turn any lights off, especially going into fall.

Glad everything is working out for you guys. I don't know what's up with the MJ. I had pretty damn good results with it. Just switch to AN's Sensi line with their Cal-Mg. Their Cal-Mg is way different then the Botanicare version. It's got alot more Ca in it, at like 6.something %.

And as far as I'm concerned you can't really jack a thread in a community forum, so bring it on bud

BTW, here's some more pics. I just foliared them, so they prob look droopy and wet, but you can see they are filling in nicely. The last couple days they have really taken off noticeably.

Day 8

T

terran2

meduser180056 said:
When I placed the SR RW blocks into my readygro slabs I put them 1/2 way down like you were saying and then put the drip line in the slab at the base of the cube. The slabs had been flushed and watered heavily before I planted them. Then I let them chill for 3 days with 1400watts of MH before turning on the 3000W of HPS. After 3 days I watered them again. Skipped a day and then started watering once a day for 5 days. Upped it to 2 times a day for a couple days then went to 3. I stayed at 3 till week 3 of flower and then started watering 4 times a day.
^^^
No overwatering with that method in readygro slabs.

Sounds like you got it figured now Terran. They look nice and happy. Oh yeah don't worry Neptune isn't ****ing around when he says the HK is fire. Honestly I haven't tried mine yet, but it looks and smells so mouth watering. It is absolutely covered in crystals and the nugs are big. The HK blew away the Ody in my garden. Honestly with this kind of crystal coverage I think it's gonna rival the PK.

Anyhow not meaning to jack 20k's thread here. Sorry if I already did.

Nice Mon ! Think that HK is a bit of a stretcher and just loves to root in Coco but doesn't root as vigorously in my "lazy mans" 6x6 r/w cubes . The AK , PK & Odysseys all root with gusto into r/w and still trying to get a feel for the Sugar & Big Shiva characteristics but just put those into flower too after a good veg @ 18" in 5gals . But that HK is pure fire as Nept said so far in the early stages of flower .

Just transplanted a bunch tonight into 5gals coco after being a r/w junkie for so long ...but these HKs are coconuts for rooting into Coco , so i'll give them what they really really want ...amd also noticed they like the "Wet~Dry" treatment as well . Going to be doing a bunch of crosses with this HK , definitely want it for the outdoors next season for this plant will go big .

How about a Thunder****ing Hindu Kush X Skn1 ? Will be pure fire :headbange

Yah Mon, Yah Mon , yah mon i'm really stoked to finish this strain out
and to be working with it ! Feeling a little of the Rasta Spirit tonight
;o)

Last edited:

20kw dreams

So, that foliar was of liquid light. It was lookinf last night like it was going to **** them up bad. I went to bed last night stressing out. I went in there like and hour after I turned the lights back on, and the leaves were all curled up at the edges ALL crazy. In about an hour+ I'll know what happened, but right now I'm jsut stressin

I

In Vino Veritas

Damn they looked bangin' in the last picture, would suck if you burnt them some. Regardless..they'll bounce back.

Stay safe bro..

Last edited:

20kw dreams

Whew! That looked like a close one. That shit does something, but it didn't burn my plants. It made the leaves curl up all crazy, then about 24 hours later, you can barely notice it was there. The leaves now are just pointing straight up all crazy, like they have been smoking crack, I shit you not. If you went into the room right now, you would say," OMFG, what have you been feeding these, they look like they are on crack!!." I'm going to keep spraying them with it, but use my old foliar on 1 light to make sure it's doing something. They look like they have grown a few inches since earlier today, but part of that is from the leaves standing up making them look taller. Next time I foliar the liquid light I'll take succesive photo's so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

I'll get some better pics up Thursday too, before I foliar so you can see how they are doing. The foliar made them droopy and look not as full as they look when they are dry and perky.

VTT - How hot is it where you are at? I forget the weather's not always as nice as it is here in the Bay Area:smile:

I

In Vino Veritas

It's around 90 here during the day, sorta humid.

Last edited:

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
"It made the leaves curl up all crazy, then about 24 hours later, you can barely notice it was there. The leaves now are just pointing straight up all crazy, like they have been smoking crack,"

that's interesting-i gave out aload of free samples of this stuff when DM were dishing them out-growers come back saying just what you related-that 24H later the plants are all pumped with leaves pointing stright up-
i'd like to see the pics when you get them up

wonder whats in it?

cheers
eddie

20kw dreams

No shit, Nite. I need to drink me some of that shit

I'm going to do some side by sides with the stuff. I they tell you to use it every iother day or something, but I don't see how that 24 hours the leaves are ****ed up can be good. I think 1/2 strength might make me more comfortable. I felt stressed out when I went in the room with them like that. Have you guys ever been sober in a room full of tweekers? It was like that feeling. Electricity in the air or something.

I'll get some pics up tonight or tomorrow, and put up a liquid light thread sometime. Liquid Light + Bushmaster + Gravity + Purp Maxx is going to be a crazy combo for sure.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
20kw dreams said:
Have you guys ever been sober in a room full of tweekers? It was like that feeling. Electricity in the air or something.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

redwood-roots

Just read up from page 1 20k and your findings with regard to LL really interest me. I've seen ops with it applied in veg, but never in bloom and that's where I think you may see the diff (first 2 weeks of course). The trial plants sprayed on it in veg made the fans stand as you've said, but other than that no other benefits were realized. After several applications leaf cup begin to rear it's ugly head and my friend ceased to use it. At what rate have you been applying it?

I've also seen some shows on various forums, but nothing that swayed my opinion of it in either direction. Isn't the application rate on the bottles something ridiculous like 60ml/L?

Either way....nice show and I'm locked in. :wave:

B

British_Bulldog

20K - Heavy pruning is definately the way - has always worked well for me too...what's the point of having budsites under the canopy producing popcorn, when you can have bigger buds up top!

It's a shame about your outdoor bust, but keep up the good work and I like your writing style/content - I can tell you're very knowledgable and I like the pics of your work too.

Peace man

meduser180056

I had a friend using Liquid Light too. He also said the leaves stand up all crazy like after an application. He said to use only once a week at 1/2 strength. Then he said he wasn't noticing any benefit and stopped.

Sounds like it needs to be experimented with more. Very interesting product. Be our Guinea Pig 20k! LOL

Are you using Penetrator in your foliars? I recommend trying a lil silica foliar as well.

Plants look super healthy in the above pic.

I'll let ya know how my tables turned out with the MJ in a week or so. My ody's look like they could have filled in more, but the HKxSK is falling all over the place. So real heavy nugs.;

B

bonecarver_OG

20kw dreams said:
The leaves now are just pointing straight up all crazy, like they have been smoking crack, I shit you not. If you went into the room right now, you would say," OMFG, what have you been feeding these, they look like they are on crack!!." I'm going to keep spraying them with it,

man thats some funny shit! :)

20kw dreams

LMFAO Bonecarver, Funny how things lok when other people point them out.

Here's some new pics. Things are def going nice

guineapig

Veteran
Those look awesome 20kw!!! :woohoo::jump:

So what is the verdict on that brand new Liquid Light foliar product? Did you use it alone or in conjunction with other products?

Keep up the good work and always know that you have a friend in guineapig....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts