What's new

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 19 44.2%

• Total voters

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
"Despite seeing the oppositional talking point, voters maintain support for the Green New Deal by an 18-point margin (52 percent support, 34 percent oppose). This includes a 74-point margin of Democrats (80 percent support, 6 percent oppose) and a 13-point margin of Independents (52 percent support, 39 percent oppose). Unsurprisingly, a majority of Republicans (60 percent) align with the talking point around raising the national debt."

pasted+image+0+%2828%29.png

this will cause way more inflation than already is.

it is unproven that there is a climate crisis, it is but a talking point to convince the weak minded that they're victims and should get reparations...you know, the ones they themselves will pay for...with their reparations.

committing $Trillions to an unelected, unappointed third party for an unproven crisis is beyond acceptable. it is betrayal of state sovereignty.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Immigration isn't the boogieman it's presented as by the fearful and narrow of mind who only read one line-item in the money issues.

In fact, they've been found to boost a country's or region's economic standing.

And there are way ore studies where this came from. search it out if you don't believe it.

are you suggesting i am narrow of mind for focus on economic disintegration already in progress?

looking forward, i would think it would take generations of new arrivals getting into the labor market, working and paying taxes to dismiss the current cost of their immigration.

How Much Do Illegal Immigrants Cost the U.S.?​

"The FAIR study, released in March last year, documented the financial toll of illegal immigration on the U.S., taking into account factors like emergency medical care, incarcerating illegal aliens in local jails, and federal budgets that pay out billions in welfare every year, pegging the net annual cost at $150.7 billion.

Arriving at the figure by subtracting the estimated $32 billion of tax contributions made by illegal immigrants, FAIR said the economic impact would have otherwise been $182 billion. In 2017, the U.S. spent roughly $116 billion on illegal immigration, suggesting that the problem is a growing one.

To contextualize the number, the $150.7 billion spent on illegal immigration last year is more than the total gross domestic product (GDP) of Mississippi ($146.7 billion in 2023), New Mexico ($131.5 billion), Idaho ($119.8 billion), and is more than the GDP's Wyoming and Vermont combined, at $50.74 billion and $43.38 billion, respectively.

With illegal immigration now costing $150.7 billion annually, the burden inevitably trickles down to the taxpayer. Individually, the FAIR study found that each illegal alien or their U.S.-born child costs the U.S. $8,776 annually".

moose eater

Most politicians suffer an acute case of 'pretzel-tongue syndrome' if one wastes enough time listening to the speeches written for them.

moose eater

are you suggesting i am narrow of mind for focus on economic disintegration already in progress?

looking forward, i would think it would take generations of new arrivals getting into the labor market, working and paying taxes to dismiss the current cost of their immigration.

"The FAIR study, released in March last year, documented the financial toll of illegal immigration on the U.S., taking into account factors like emergency medical care, incarcerating illegal aliens in local jails, and federal budgets that pay out billions in welfare every year, pegging the net annual cost at $150.7 billion.

Arriving at the figure by subtracting the estimated $32 billion of tax contributions made by illegal immigrants, FAIR said the economic impact would have otherwise been $182 billion. In 2017, the U.S. spent roughly $116 billion on illegal immigration, suggesting that the problem is a growing one.

To contextualize the number, the $150.7 billion spent on illegal immigration last year is more than the total gross domestic product (GDP) of Mississippi ($146.7 billion in 2023), New Mexico ($131.5 billion), Idaho ($119.8 billion), and is more than the GDP's Wyoming and Vermont combined, at $50.74 billion and $43.38 billion, respectively.

With illegal immigration now costing $150.7 billion annually, the burden inevitably trickles down to the taxpayer. Individually, the FAIR study found that each illegal alien or their U.S.-born child costs the U.S. $8,776 annually".

I am stating fairly clearly that most of the anti-immigrant movement is both narrow of mind and fearful of things they rarely understand as well as they think they do, or pretend they do.

moose eater

And I'll take the word of non-partisan economists over that of partisan hacks in D.C. all day long, all month long, and all year long.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
I am stating fairly clearly that most of the anti-immigrant movement is both narrow of mind and fearful of things they rarely understand as well as they think they do.
i guess then that you think those affected cannot bear witness to what they actually see in their budgets.

moose eater

i guess then that you think those affected cannot bear witness to what they actually see in their budgets.
And again with the singular line item in examining outcomes from immigration.

But what would I know? We have zero immigration here. Oh, wait.. we do!!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
And again with the singular line item in examining outcomes from immigration.

But what would I know? We have zero immigration here. Oh, wait.. we do!!
OK

Crime,
of which there are many being committed by 'newcomers'.
Displacement,
particularly in jobs held by citizens (think TYSON foods).
Voting,
a very real push to give the vote to non-citizens.

Citizenship,
dilution of legal voting,
employment,
infrastructure required to accommodate,
crowding,
unearned benefits,
unvetted foreign nationals,
National Debt,
healthcare,
education,
National Security,
etc.
all of the above affect the economy to various degree and are included in that singular line item you suggest is narrow. i rather think that as a narrow view it's exceedingly broad.

Last edited:

moose eater

OK

Crime,
of which there are many being committed by 'newcomers'.
Displacement,
particularly in jobs held by citizens (think TYSON foods).
Voting,
a very real push to give the vote to non-citizens.

Citizenship,
dilution of legal voting,
employment,
infrastructure required to accommodate,
crowding,
unearned benefits,
unvetted foreign nationals,
National Debt,
etc.
all of the above affect the economy to various degree and are included in that singular line item you suggest is narrow. i rather think that as a narrow view it's exceedingly broad.
And all of those issues have been exaggerated (often lacking contrast to the existing population, for example) by opportunistic politicos, who dishonestly gain momentum by having a frightened constituency, and then presenting themselves as the (more often than not ineffective) cure for the vastly inflated malaise.

Personally, I try not to be a sucker for such vermin. More important things to do.

And I never saw a good investment that didn't require some money down.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
how about investing in our citizens?
stop with the emasculation of our youth,
provide decent education and employment opportunities,
stop with the gratuitous taxation to foment and expand war,
provide energy resources concomitant to our energy reserves,
fix the damned roads and bridges,
desist from infringing second amendment rights,
enforce the laws...(NOT THE LAWFARE BS WHORING NOW!)
term limits, no insider trading, blah blah blah

you know...the duties they swore to uphold.

moose eater

how about investing in our citizens?
stop with the emasculation of our youth,
provide decent education and employment opportunities,
stop with the gratuitous taxation to foment and expand war,
provide energy resources concomitant to our energy reserves,
fix the damned roads and bridges,
desist from infringing second amendment rights,
enforce the laws...(NOT THE LAWFARE BS WHORING NOW!)

you know...the duties they swore to uphold.
Was I opposed to those things?

Do you think the New Deal's price tag somehow cut off other expenditures, or that these things have to be mutually exclusive?

And yeah, put Raytheon, Boeing, General Electric, General Dynamics, et al on a budget that criminalizes gouging taxpayers and criminalizes getting kickbacks by way of corporate personhood contributions for those who pass such outrageous budgets for the DoD contractors, wherein they have to hold fucking bake sales or get real with the pricing of the nuts and bolts they buy.

Do you think Trump was conservative with the DoD budget, or questioning the outrageous inflation that goes on there?

Both the R and D presidential candidates are Wall St. whores, to put it mildly. And so is most of Congress. C. Wright Mills wasn't exaggerating.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Now you understand it! Wonderful!
what makes you think i didn't? i think the SCOTUS will suss that soon enough. a very dangerous precedent for past actions. i think Trump should lose intentionally just to impose that exact ruling to the criminal administrations since JFK or at least Bush, Clinton, Obama....and the current kleptocrat Bribem.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Was I opposed to those things?

Do you think the New Deal's price tag somehow cut off other expenditures, or that these things have to be mutually exclusive?

And yeah, put Raytheon, Boeing, General Electric, General Dynamics, et al on a budget that criminalizes gouging taxpayers and criminalizes getting kickbacks by way of corporate personhood contributions for those who pass such outrageous budgets for the DoD contractors, wherein they have to hold fucking bake sales or get real with the pricing of the nuts and bolts they buy.

Do you think Trump was conservative with the DoD budget, or questioning the outrageous inflation that goes on there?

Both the R and D presidential candidates are Wall St. whores, to put it mildly. And so is most of Congress. C. Wright Mills wasn't exaggerating.
I would hope not Moose, but your single line item narrative precludes examination of those as a factor.
Trump did give the MIC a bundle for National Security, not to enrich them but to provide for the defence of country. Bribem has exhausted that and more.
Trump tried to protect the border, Bribem invited every country on planet to invade (at our expense).
my and wifes net worth under Bribem is diminished by at least 20%, were doing well under Trumps 4 years.
if you're not feeling it now, you will.

If you been out messin' and actin' a fool You best be confessin' hey, don't be cruel. Just callin' attention you probably know Don't hold on to nuthin', it's time to let go. Lay baby I want 'cha, I'm hurtin' so big. Take out some insurance, and cover your rig. We talkin' resurrection to shred your head. That certain possession you keep in yo' shed. Don't wanna confuse you, muddy up yo' mind. Let nothing abuse you or come from behind. Say baby I want 'cha, I'm hurtin' so big. Take out some insurance, and cover your rig. If there's ever a question, take care of yourself. Use your protection, be respecting yo'self. Make no obligations, you can throw 'em to the wind. Blind infatuations, the means to an end. Say baby I want ya, I'm hurtin' so big Take out some insurance, and cover your rig.

moose eater

I would hope not Moose, but your single line item narrative precludes examination of those as a factor.
Trump did give the MIC a bundle for National Security, not to enrich them but to provide for the defence of country. Bribem has exhausted that and more.
Trump tried to protect the border, Bribem invited every country on planet to invade (at our expense).
my and wifes net worth under Bribem is diminished by at least 20%, were doing well under Trumps 4 years.
if you're not feeling it now, you will.

If you been out messin' and actin' a fool You best be confessin' hey, don't be cruel. Just callin' attention you probably know Don't hold on to nuthin', it's time to let go. Lay baby I want 'cha, I'm hurtin' so big. Take out some insurance, and cover your rig. We talkin' resurrection to shred your head. That certain possession you keep in yo' shed. Don't wanna confuse you, muddy up yo' mind. Let nothing abuse you or come from behind. Say baby I want 'cha, I'm hurtin' so big. Take out some insurance, and cover your rig. If there's ever a question, take care of yourself. Use your protection, be respecting yo'self. Make no obligations, you can throw 'em to the wind. Blind infatuations, the means to an end. Say baby I want ya, I'm hurtin' so big Take out some insurance, and cover your rig.

I'm pretty sure they've all said they're doing it to 'strengthen the defenses of the Country'.

A worn-out line of bullshit if ever there was.

Maybe addressing the .89 cent bolts we pay $165 for would be a good place to start in 'defending the Country.'

Odd, imo, that the self-purported fiscal conservatives equate massive DoD spending to protecting the Country, when it's the Country's wallets that's regularly being raped.

I recall some identifiable GW Bush cabinet names being on the board for Haliburton about 20+ years ago, when they (Haliburton) was paid large cash up-front for some drawings of a track-propelled Howitzer, for mere glitzy colorful drawings, mind you, for a piece of equipment that was already deemed obsolete before the ink on the expensive portraits was dry.

That's not 'defending the Country.' That's selling out to the DoD insiders and contractors who will either give you a thumbs up with a campaign contribution come election season, or a thumbs down and disingenuous allegations of leaving the Country defenseless.

And your guy, and the other guy, both play that bait-and-switch game, with few positive results for the tax-payer, while our hypersonic missiles are already obsolete in contrast to Iran's and Russia's.

Another game I have no time for; hollow words and faux patriotism at the cost of the commoners' wallets.