What's new

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 21 44.7%

• Total voters

RickLafleur

If someone doesn't like it - Don't read it and don't post. Censoring opinions reminds me of the people who tried to keep weed illegal.

Weed is legal everywhere now. A bag with stems and seeds that you don't need was a long time ago. How many times can you go round and round with "Is it a female", "My shit is the real deal and better than yours" or "Look at my pretty pictures with the flash showing off the trikes", "This sucker looks like a bonsai tree"? Guess how many Facebook groups are doing weed for amateurs? There's just more going on in weed culture now it's gone mainstream, so perspective of the culture is where it's at.

Uncle has been missing a little longer than the thumbs. Hmmmmm

View attachment 18971645
👍👍👍

RickLafleur

I get that, but that's life. It's probably a pain in the ass for the mods too deciding who crossed the line when they also have their own opinions. But that's part of it.

If you're serious about growing then you can pick up a bit of horticulture here that you share with your other species, great, I'm past that. People can easily search these archives and find any answer they want. For a stand alone domain in a post legalization environment, the evolving culture and its perspective with demographic diversity is the future. Marketing it this way would bring a diversity of advertisers and thus more revenue reflecting a high post and read count.

I apologize for coming off like blaming you, not my intention. The missing moderator and emojis appear to show a direction that's bad for the goose and bad for the gander.
👍

RickLafleur

I don’t understand what taking away emojis accomplishes, but

elmo-sesame-street.gif

greyfader

I get that, but that's life. It's probably a pain in the ass for the mods too deciding who crossed the line when they also have their own opinions. But that's part of it.

If you're serious about growing then you can pick up a bit of horticulture here that you share with your other species, great, I'm past that. People can easily search these archives and find any answer they want. For a stand alone domain in a post legalization environment, the evolving culture and its perspective with demographic diversity is the future. Marketing it this way would bring a diversity of advertisers and thus more revenue reflecting a high post and read count.

I apologize for coming off like blaming you, not my intention. The missing moderator and emojis appear to show a direction that's bad for the goose and bad for the gander.
that's ok buddy! but the mods are not totally absent. for instance, CaptainDankness is taking a forced vacation right now for his little remark about somebody's mother and her private parts.

i guess this is an important outlet for some folks. i just hate to see the animosity.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
these relationships spill over into other areas of the site and cause problems.
that is the fault of INDIVIDUALS that have no self control. i've got folks that i clash harshly with politically but still ":love:" or "(y)" in other areas. this is how people interact in real life. there is NOBODY that i agree/disagree with totally, and that's not gonna change. if someone gets mad at a post in one thread and allow it to color their responses on other threads, then THEY are the problem. JMHO :cool:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Is Uncle on some super secret probation or what?

Maybe some background politics going on in disagreement to what's on the pages?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that is the fault of INDIVIDUALS that have no self control. i've got folks that i clash harshly with politically but still ":love:" or "(y)" in other areas. this is how people interact in real life. there is NOBODY that i agree/disagree with totally, and that's not gonna change. if someone gets mad at a post in one thread and allow it to color their responses on other threads, then THEY are the problem. JMHO :cool:
hey

EastCoastGambit

I appreciate some of the wisdom in the political posts, even if I do not agree. It is nice to hear everyone's perspectives as long as we can remain civil. That is part of the healing the nation needs to do. I do not think anyone will have the power to sway anyone to the other side - so why bother. Is anyone even right or wrong in these affairs? We are all entitled to our opinions. Is it productive, hell if I know but it is somewhat entertaining and sometimes informing. I like this channel for political discourse.

I understand why some think it can be toxic at times, that is certainly a reflection on how passionately people feel about these issues and some of us are whipped into a frenzy unfortunately. My advise is to broaden the lens and consider alternative perspectives and try not to be so tunnel vision in our own assertions.