What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2020 Florida Legalization Thread

Do you have iBogart on ignore? lol

In the post a few above he mentioned that Sensible Florida is the one that provides an allowance for Home Growing.

There is no provision for Home Grown with Make Florida Legal...

I guess technically they or you might not be “against” it but it doesn’t seem like they want it allowed.

Would there be any harm done if someone turned in both petitions, the one from Sensible Florida and the one from Make Florida Legal?

iBogart

Veteran
I got 2 petitions cards from Make it Legal Florida in the mail today. Each petition card also has the entire proposed amendment printed on it. One petition card has all my personal data, such as name, address, and voter number already printed on it and all I had to do was sign it and date it. Another blank card was attached. My girlfriend took the other blank and intends to find her voter number and send it in. Already signed and dated mine and it will be in the morning mail. There is no postage if mailed in the US. SO easy. Hope it works.

I got the Make It Legal petition in the mail today as well. How much money would it take to print all those shiny cards and mail them out to every registered voter in Florida? Big money dude. If you look into, it seems to me like a corporate cannabis money grab. Medmen is backing this thing. Apparently they are one of the largest dispensaries in California. Also a billionaire from palm beach who owns Surterra, another big dispensary chain. Add this to the fact this petition doesn't allow home grow and it's pretty obvious the motives.

These are the folks we should be backing....https://www.regulateflorida.com/

You can sign both petitions if you want, then see which one makes the ballot. I'll take not getting locked up vs. getting locked up any day of the week if I had to choose.

Drift13

I signed BOTH!

Growing in Fla. is still a felony as is more than 20'something grams of cannabis. Unless you have a card, which I do. Still can't home grow but I can answer the pig at the door door with a joint in my gob...

iBogart

Veteran
Anti legalization efforts are underway in Florida's state capital. A psychobiologist from Harvard university gave testimony to Florida legislators on Tuesday to warn about the dangers of marijuana use by young people. Same ole song and dance we've heard before, but it is just a little taste test that if we do legalize, expect Florida lawmakers to regulate it to death.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/...lorida-lawmakers-about-marijuana-legalization

dddaver

Veteran
Anti legalization efforts are underway in Florida's state capital. A psychobiologist from Harvard university gave testimony to Florida legislators on Tuesday to warn about the dangers of marijuana use by young people. Same ole song and dance we've heard before, but it is just a little taste test that if we do legalize, expect Florida lawmakers to regulate it to death.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/...lorida-lawmakers-about-marijuana-legalization

I saw a clip of that dumpy looking, overweight, middle aged spinster Harvard "professor". She said marijuana users lose their sense of well being. WHAT? Makes no sense. What is she professor of, animal husbandry? First hand experience probably. But dumb-ass rednecks here will nod and say,"Praise the lord and pass the ammo. We can't have none of them no-good liberal pre-verts round heeya."

dddaver

Veteran
A "physiobiologist"? Uh, yeah. Apparently she also is an accounting expert and her assertion that Colorado is getting 1/4 of the revenue back that it spends on having marijuana legal is total speculation and absolutely devoid of factual data. Because there can't be any data. It's just opinionated data, not factual, and costs do not account for any benefits.

We are simply being witness to a high tech "reefer madness" being financed by big pharma. Don't be fooled. This is only high tech lying.

It's working though. I wrote my congressman Neal Dunn, MD to tell him how disgusting to me all this crap is. They are flying in the face of popular wishes and are being very literally against democracy. He wrote back talking about changing from federal Schedule I to II first and getting long term studies done. Basically he ain't voting for it and is buying the bullshit.

The fact is, the whole issue is about money. I've said before, I'll say it again. Big pharma stands to lose BILLIONS. They will fight tooth and nail against legalization NOT happening in Florida. And that's what we're seeing now.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The Sensible Florida bill needs to be advertised, facebook page shares every day... start littering the place with papers mentioning how it's the real one... The other is big money imposter clearly... weed pot cannabis marijuana... right on the card yeah that's super sincere and blatant pos marketing.... MAKE IT KNOWN THEY HAVE BEEN DUPED

WelderDan

Veteran
Definitely!

If anyone supports Home Growing then support Sensible FL because they do too, but Make it Legal FL doesn’t.

Yeah, I was researching the ballot measures and was surprised to see the six plant plant limit. If I recall correctly, it was 3 in flower and 3 not in flower. The head scratcher was up to one ounce in personal possession. I assume that's in addition to the 6 plants, but the language is typical legalese, so I may be mistaken.

I would be fine with that.

But I'm a pessimist, and after watching how the legislature completely fucked the medical bill, and had to be sued into allowing smokable flowers, I'm not getting my hopes up. Well maybe a little, but having lived here for 35 years, I'm not holding my breath.

And Sheldon fucking Adelson will be donating to the anti-legalization people. Worry about your own state and stay the fuck out of Florida's business you decrepit old asshole.

misfitgro

I certainly hope that Florida legalizes it and allows growing. I’m in the south and when one tourist area goes legal, I think others will to. I’m certainly supporting you all.

dddaver

Veteran
I just realized (too late) I was not sent my absentee ballot this year. I'm pretty sure it's political. I live in an ultra-conservative redneck area and am a registered independent. I WILL be calling the election bureau today and asking why.

Edit: My GF just told me Bay County had no elections this year. Wait...so no ballot measures, no judges seeking election or re-election, no local ordinances needing to be voted on, nothing? Somethin 'don't smell right in Denmark' here.

dddaver

Veteran
The Sensible Florida petition that I downloaded, printed, signed and dated, put in a envelope I bought and carefully addressed, and paid for the 1st class mail stamp to send it, was postmarked September 28 but was finally returned yesterday as undeliverable. AFTER the election? I hate this place.

iBogart

Veteran
You have until February to mail in your petition. Sooner the better so the petition gatherers can verify it and send it to the division of elections. This recent off year election doesn't make a difference in regards to these petitions trying to make the ballot in 2020.

dddaver

Veteran
The two Sensible Florida petitions were returned because they had the wrong box number on them. Had 55019, s/b 550193. Forgot the 3 at the end. DOH! Re-sent.

dddaver

Veteran
Well somebody's getting F______. Huh...it's
the citizen's by big pharma and MONEY again. Huh.

Latest posts

Latest posts