What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2018 outdoor central CA

caliprop215

Veteran
Dont get drunk and lite off m80s near your plants.....

If u decide to it might end up with a hole in your plant LOL missing a few limbs hahahhhaha:noway:

Attachments

• 20180705_112149.jpg
    20180705_112149.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180705_112207.jpg
    20180705_112207.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180705_113356.jpg
    20180705_113356.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

caliprop215

Veteran
Why is growth so slow? Seems they arent growing like they should be.

Looks like they got plenty of nitrogen .healthy and green but slllllloooooooowwwwwww growth........

Anyone?

FizzyB

Have you been looking for pests? Briefly went through this post and saw a few potential signs of russets. The dying nodes, slow growth and discolored nodes can all be signs. Hard to tell from the pics and video tho.

BTW, $110/yard EWC seems suspiciously cheap to me.

Bona Fortuna

Any idea about the crinkling?
I've had one plant this year have that happen and I'm near sac.
Is yours isolated to specific leaves/ nodes and grows out of the issue or is it prevalent?
Mine have grown out of it, I've chalked it up to hot roots, it has been awful warm lately.

caliprop215

Veteran
Have you been looking for pests? Briefly went through this post and saw a few potential signs of russets. The dying nodes, slow growth and discolored nodes can all be signs. Hard to tell from the pics and video tho.

BTW, $110/yard EWC seems suspiciously cheap to me.

I spray every week with neem. I have been seeing some spots on leafs thought they were spider mites but didnt and still cant find bugs..every now and then i see a little white bug hopping around but nothing else.

I will look into russet mites and illf figure somthing out....and learn more at same time. Thanks for info

Sorry i meant 180 per yard. It was on thier website but i called and they said 180 per yard so im only getting quarter yard for now

caliprop215

Veteran
Any idea about the crinkling?
I've had one plant this year have that happen and I'm near sac.
Is yours isolated to specific leaves/ nodes and grows out of the issue or is it prevalent?
Mine have grown out of it, I've chalked it up to hot roots, it has been awful warm lately.

I noticed it but didnt put much thought into it since it would grow out to a normal leaf in a day or 2...

Definatly could be hot roots. I got about 25 percent compost as soil which was steaming hot...im sure its still composting and making heat...

Bona Fortuna

I noticed it but didnt put much thought into it since it would grow out to a normal leaf in a day or 2...

Definatly could be hot roots. I got about 25 percent compost as soil which was steaming hot...im sure its still composting and making heat...

Ok, so it's almost the same exact thing I dealt with.
I just let the plants be, gave them some top dressed dolomite lime and now there is no signs of the crinkled growth.

Wishing you and your plants the best!

FizzyB

I spray every week with neem. I have been seeing some spots on leafs thought they were spider mites but didnt and still cant find bugs..every now and then i see a little white bug hopping around but nothing else.

I will look into russet mites and illf figure somthing out....and learn more at same time. Thanks for info

Sorry i meant 180 per yard. It was on thier website but i called and they said 180 per yard so im only getting quarter yard for now

Neem is a good preventative spray but pests will still infest you plants. Russets are real hard to control as well. If you don't have a microscope there's some good digital ones that attach to your computer that you can get for around $60-80. They take good photos as well.

Medfinder

Chemon 91

Neem foliar feeding and neem in soak treatments almost caused my plants to STOP growing.

i would go real easy on any neem treatments.

caliprop215

Veteran
Thanks for the info guys much appreciated!

Couple pics

Attachments

• 20180707_152024.jpg
    20180707_152024.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180707_151554.jpg
    20180707_151554.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 12

caliprop215

Veteran
Anyone know what this problem is????

Nothing at all on back of leaf

Im afraid its russet mites that y i cant see them

On about 15 percent of leafs

Attachments

• 20180714_191902.jpg
    20180714_191902.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 11

Dankwolf

Anyone know what this problem is????

Nothing at all on back of leaf

Im afraid its russet mites that y i cant see them

On about 15 percent of leafs

Hard to tell by pic . Take a pick of a leaf like ut but top and bottom ?

Looks like old damage ie: old leaf miner bug damage . I am completly guessing with out better pic .

caliprop215

Veteran
Thanks guys. I think i would be able to see thrips and i cant even find a bug at all.... Maybe previouse damge like dankwolf said and since neembtreatments they gone now

caliprop215

Veteran
Check out this 3 way split in the stem. Surprised its still alive...looks like its been that way a while

Attachments

• 20180716_111144.jpg
    20180716_111144.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 12