What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017, what can we expect Dubi?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High all :tiphat:

Thank you very much for your interest in our newest work and for all your suggestions. It's much appreciated :huggg:

Most of the work we have done this year has been focused to produce fresh stock and to improve our current strains, i know maybe this doesn't sound super exciting but it takes lot of time, energy and resources to keep such wide catalog in good shape, in regular and feminized format, and with fresh stock.

To give you an idea of the amount of work in that sense, this year we have produced (and producing) fresh stock of:

ErdPurt standard and fem
Orient Express fem
Malawi x PCK standard and fem
Violeta standard and fem
Congo standard and fem
Malawi standard and fem
Golden Tiger standard and fem
Bangi Haze standard
Purple Haze Malawi standard and fem
Kali China fem
China Yunnan fem
Tikal fem
Guawi fem
Zamaldelica fem
PCK fem
Bubba Kush x HashPlant fem

and in each reproduction of every strain we also pollinate a good number of our selected mothers from other strains to create new hybrids and F1s that will be tested in the upcoming months and years.

Regarding release of new genetics. Honduras standard has been released just a few weeks ago (along with its Breeders Pack) and and the Ethiopian standard will be probably released very soon (just finishing last outdoor tests). Kali China has also been improved a lot and the new release of the strain is already a F5 generation, we have just released a Kali China Breeders Pack with the best lines of the strain (to make it shorter i will comment later about them in more depth in the threads dedicated for each strain).

To produce autoflowering seeds has not been a breeding priority despite their huge commercial demand in the last years, but since 2014 we have started to breed an autoflowering version of our Malawi, that is now being tested in its F3 generation and hopefully it can be released next year if the testing of this latest generation works well.

We have received lately some interesting rich CBD genetics from a good friend and excellent grower, so hopefully we can introduce some CBD to our best current lines ... personally i'm also more inclined lately to experiment with CBD breeding.

Regarding working with new landraces, now that most of our catalog strains are in good shape and with plenty of stock, hopefully we can focus on newer landrace preservation projects in mid term. I don't like to anticipate much, but lebanese hashplant, new caledonian sativas and japanese hokkaido are the first in the waiting list.

Wish you find interesting all the different work done and in progress :thank you:

seeded

Damn it dubi, I literally just bought a few years worth of seeds and now I need to start saving up all over again :laughing:

S

scai

Haha, nam.
Kali China breeder's packet is mine! It's all mine. You all keep your muggy fingers off of them ;)

JimmyToucan

Hi Dubi, I was looking around for some info on your Lily cultivar and couldn't come up with anything and didn't see a sticky for it. Is this something you plan to continue? If so, do you have a description of the phenotypes you're seeing? I'm looking to get the usual suspects (GT, Zamaldelica) but am also interested in a fruity possibly pineapple type and Lily seemed to be in that ballpark. The quicker flowering time is a bonus as well.

Here are some things I'm looking for to finish out my order with you once I'm up and running again in late spring early summer; maybe you can give me some suggestions? I appreciate it and all the great work you have done over the years to preserve all these amazing (and underrated) Sativa's.

Fruity aroma and flavor: pineapple, passionfruit, or even berry flavors.
Does not need to be too intense; I plan on running GT/Mal/Zam so plenty there.
Lots of resin as I would like to make some full spectrum hash Frenchie cannoli style.
Finishing time: quicker the better but not a deal breaker.
Structure: would like to SCROG it; can work around it and would be behind flavor and resin content on my list of priorities. Higher yields are lovely but not at the expense of the first two. Solid branching that I can at least spread out to fill the available space would be great.
A pheno with interesting color: not a priority but it's always nice to have some variety when I step into the garden.

Thanks again.

JT

konopenko

Veteran
Nice work Dubi bro! Looking forward for some Lebanese, Japanese, Ethiopian ganja :)
Also its scary to see that fems are dominating Ace menu and market atm :watchplant:

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Hey Dubi, good to see you back as harvest season comes to a close. Your continued work to preserve such a long and diverse list of lines is very much appreciated! :thank you:

I've been having a blast with Honduran outside in early flower:
picture.php

What ever happened with the Oaxacan line you were working with? I am super interested in the other landraces - what are the Ethiopian, Lebanese, Caledonian and Japanese lines like? As always, I demand pictures and more information. :watchplant:

Which lines are you considering crossing with CBD rich plants?

nksv

I'm just hoping that my orders will make it through. After a couple of successful orders, the last two didn't make it. I now fear I cannot grow my favorite breeder. Huge sadness!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thanks Dubi, Been looking for the new release of Golden Tiger. I missed out on the Guawi when last available. Your GT was a huge hit with friends and family at Christmas as gifts. Hind sight is a great teacher. Never grow just one anything. Glad I had several ounces of the Zamal phenotype of the Zamal hash plant to get them into the new year. So from several people in ND. Thank you for your great genetics. Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Apollo,

I still keep my 4 favourite Oaxaca 79 mothers i selected in late 2015, but i'm not doing any breeding with them.

Cannabiogen is working with Oaxaca 79 line in hybrids like Purple Mexican, Mextiza, etc ... hopefully we can see more Oaxacan releases from them in the close future.

Best regards

@dubi
some news on the development of the Oaxaca '79 ?

Hi Dubi. Really looking forward to the Lebanese hash plant! I hope that becomes a reality later this year.

A happy and healthy new year to you and the entire ACE crew!!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks sativa lover,

We will start with the lebanese hashplant selection and reproduction in a few days,
hopefully it will be successful one and we can find interesting female and male parental plants to preserve, reproduce and release her.

Azure

Purple Zamal

Purple Zamal

I'm waiting for Purple Zamal and possibly crosses like
Purple Haze x Purple Zamal.
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Me too Azure :) Time will tell ;) but not in short term, i worked a lot with pure haze past year and i don't plan to breed with pure hazes fathers in a few years.

Purple Zamal x Malawi/PCK (purple pheno) would be a great cross too!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good news about the start of the lebanese reproduction.
The P2 seeds were quite old (7-10 years old), but still a few dozens seeds from each line have germinated, so hopefully we will have good and enough genetic diversity to play with and preserve well this classic sativa lebanese hashplant.

Starting from 3 different lebanese lines originally reproduced by Ras Pablo using her favourite firm lebanese female, and in each line pollinated by different males.
Very excited to explore this old line again! :)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey dubi,

I'm wondering if CBG is going to restock those Peyote Purple with you anytime soon?

They look soooo enticing!

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Good news about the start of the lebanese reproduction.
The P2 seeds were quite old (7-10 years old), but still a few dozens seeds from each line have germinated, so hopefully we will have good and enough genetic diversity to play with and preserve well this classic sativa lebanese hashplant.

Starting from 3 different lebanese lines originally reproduced by Ras Pablo using her favourite firm lebanese female, and in each line pollinated by different males.
Very excited to explore this old line again! :)

Sweet news dubi! I'me very excited too :dance013: old Bekaa Valley Lebanese hashplants brought by Grassman.

big hugs,
Ras Pablo