What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2014 PNW light dep!

C

Cep

I signed on this morning just to see how this project went. Well done...

Post some bud shots when you get the chance. Looks like it's going to be close to indoor quality. Also, if you have any questions about fighting botrytis feel free to drop me a pm. I'm in your area here and have been troubleshooting it for the last four years. The main thing I've found is that mineral nutrition seems to be the most important thing, particularly getting the right amount of Calcium into the plant. All the other preventatives (serenade, actinovate, mycstop, or even worse chem fungicides) when used are only an uphill battle.

If you're going to reuse that spot get a soil test done early in the year and let me know what the numbers are in the soil analysis.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hey nes wonderful light Dep man you should be super proud. Im I'm Michigan and we tend to deal with bud rot around this time of year and unfortunately I have never had the time to do a light Dep, even tho I put alot of time and work into our 20 x 30 cage running 10 plants in 65 gallon smart pots I just don't have the time to black out the cage every day...although that would be ideal in Michigan with stains that run to the first week of October.

But since were not able to do that I end up dealing with bud rot a tad bit more than I would if I was able to finish middle of September...I do understand that it's sometimes inevitable no matter how early they finish or how well they are takin care of it's just to what degree it hits, I've done outdoors in Michigan for years last 2 seasons of which was medical...my question is this, what's the best way to combat it when it has set in the last 2 weeks before harvest other than cut out infected material...we use actinovate earlier on in flower and knock on wood we haven't had to much yet this year with only a couple weeks left on the majority of the crop. But obviously I don't wanna spray within the last 4 weeks so I'm just curious about how U combat this dreaded plague cep I seen U mentioned to nes about good mineral nutrition specifically calcium?? Could U elaborate??

C

Cep

Greenthumb,

Calcium plays a big role in formation of membranes and cell walls (fungal barriers). If you have enough of it and in the right ration compared to other cations, your plants can defend themselves pretty well.

We've had a good season in the pnw, but still every morning my plants are soaked in dew. I haven't seen botrytis yet. Some will come, but not as much wil occur as it would if I had really low Ca in the soil.

Nes

Thanks y'all!
Been busy trying to get this all trimmed. I did get a couple pictures on the trimtrays.
The wendell berry:

The jack frost:

as for how I chose these strains.... I picked some of the strains with shorter flowering times and shorter growing patters out of the mothers I had on hand to take cuts from. I've been running the swami gear indoors for a while and wanted to see how it does outdoors. I know the durban bubble starts flowering really late, but it did really well with the dep. Someone I knew told me they "set one root bound nigerian sunshines clone outside last year and forgot about it. came back at the end of the season and there 1 giant cola. " so I wanted to see how it did with a bit of attention.

Latest posts

Latest posts