What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2011 in the tropics

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I'm back down south now, see DGS, Nights Of The Round Table, couldn't catch up. driving big rigs is a mission.....always on the go....stay frosty.

L

luvaduck

Bundy Thanks for popping in.
HC no worries mate. Stay safe on those roads. Weather sounds scary down that way.

Squiggles

ticking along nicley mate
nice to see a few more crew trying there hand at the lesser known (cheaper too)
varieties
ive just sprouted 20 golden tiger to get ready for summer
hoping for some good vigerous males as i have 6 packs to play with thinking of f2's 3's and at least one backcross
just to throw some new sativa blood around the traps for those who appreciate paranoia inducing hallucinogenic weed hehe
as a second bonus will be interesting to see how it fairs across my inbreed bush line
ive had spectacular results with the z99/mbs bush x, the first 50 or so seed i tested had a nasty hermi rate
of 50% but after 4 months of fridge winter not a one even after stress tests woot woot :) im not speculating why
im just content wish granted i can breed around a resessive hermi trait apart from that the bud structure
has been dubbed outdoor bigbud i only have my word on that one currently the proof will be in summer
i will say its the dedication and skill of the breeders involved in z99 and MBS Donald and Moon and mr Hill, pure gold and ive only tested
3 of the crosses i did with that male batch another 17 to go :)

K ill turn your thread back to you mate
words are just flowing today :biggrin:

much respect Squiggs...

Tathagata

"for those who appreciate paranoia inducing hallucinogenic weed hehe"

sounds perfect :)

I have no idea what all these strains mentioned are, but they sound great.
When you talk about mixing strains do you do it by allowing males to fertilise females? or is it by cutting?

cheers

L

luvaduck

By mixing strains I mean cross breeding vairties via sexual reproduction to produce seed and then selecting desirable traits. Currently I have males of B.Rad, White Rhino, Safari mix, and BC Skunk/Deep Chunk. They will pollinate their respective females, then do a bit of adulterous fertilising of other varieties.

Tathagata

The more I learn the more I realise how this could easily be a full time job.
Must be a load of fun, almost like mixing chemicals in a lab :)
Cheers.

L

luvaduck

As soon as I can sort out batteries I will post some shots. This time of year is perfect here. Have been smoking some local sativa, which has been picked early at about 13 weeks. Compared to the imports - skunks, etc. I am convinced that aussies don't know what they have in the local "bush" varieties. I digress ... I need a new camera, able to take the sort of detail that might show trichicomes. ? Anyone one a budget?
All the babies have been loving the beautiful weather we've been having. It seems to be the best time for this area (if i am correct).
Out of all afore mentoined varieties that are currently gracing my garden, some observations have been made..........
The plant I have local seed is mostly Asian. I am sure it's pure sativa, probably thai?
I have a few cuttings which have taken a hit from various males, but that leads me to my next point.
This local sativa plant, even branches cut a few(?) weeks early, are, when treated carefully, a tasty and very strong smoke. And at present this is in prestigious company. Aussies be proud. We have some very good genetics here that are under appreciated and impatiently grown. I recon this one will go 20 weeks... i can't wait. all the other fancy stuff has just become a quick fix while waiting for the real deal.

pix asap

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey luvaduck ,
yes we are proud ,,, hehe

glad to hear your season is going so well man ,,
lovely weather for sure ...
the sun is getting higher in the sky now ,
so the days will begin to warm up over the next 2 weeks ...

minus 3 or so here this morning ... brrrrrrrrrrr

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
heres a sign of the cold ,,
local sativa ...

picture.php

L

luvaduck

Thanks Donald, always a pleasure to have you pop in.
Very pretty plants. PNG genetics?
Here's my version:

Lovely plant. Still have a very healthy male of it. It has fathered some more of the same and then been crossed with The Pure:

Have been toking on a mix recently, some lovely flavours, but I still keep coming back for more of the old oz bush sativa:

An outstanding plant which I believe deserves mention is Nugget Shiner's Super Silver Haze x White Widow. If you haven't heard of him, check out his stuff on seedbay. SSH x WW:

Of course I would prefer to have more Aussie Strains going....

good health to you all

:tiphat:

L

luvaduck

Some tiny little 'Pure' (flying dutchmen). Started flowering at about 3 wks old, so the plants are mostly just one bud. Very 'perfumed'. No roadkill here.

L

luvaduck

The missus recons the pure smells like perfume, dried and jared, not like weed at all. Even though not incredibly strong, it is a really nice smoke. I can see why it made such an impression in it's time... Yes I am trying to educate myself. 20 years of growing and still SO many questions.

Nothing really spectacular has come from the last lot. The B.rad showed some lovely form: bluish then lavender early flowers, fading to mid green. Dense mildly perfumed buds of a sativa dominated origin. Only managed a few viable seeds with the pure before an early cut. Bugger.

White rhino performed well for a quick finish, and was probably the most potent of the lot.
I don't know which seed company produced these, only that they have been grown out in high altitude in central vic. for a few gens. A little bit of bud rot, to be expected though.

The last finisher was a survivour from a 5 pac of mandala Safari freebies. After one male and three hermies, the fifth plant was lucky to have been allowed to live, deformed leaves and all. Luckily it ende up like this:

And yes, she was showing 'nanas.

SSH x WW looked reaaly good, but was quite a disappionting smoke. lack of flavour and, believe it or not, any sort of punch.

The remaining Lao, hermies and males gone now, has had a sort of small regeneration of sorts. After about a month of flowering she has stetched back out again, but hopefully will finish before christmas.

Deep Chunk x BC Skunk proved to be a bit of a novelty - beautiful LITTLE plants (for me in at about 14` anyway), not much chop either. Hopefully the crosses will improve this....

updates coming on round two...................................:tiphat:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey luvaduck ,
nice to see your pulling in a bit of persie anyhows man ..

the best of yoru season is coming now ,
btween now and december you should see some amazing growth ,
even the littlens should do quite well once the equinox is here ,
thankfully all but the purest sativas will/should finish in the typical 16 week timeframe in that time of year ...

L

luvaduck

Thanks Mr Mallard, your advice is always greatly appreciated.

Have a number of crosses going at the moment: local sativa crosses with z99 and (deep chunk x bc skunk), as well as some more z99 and some webbed plants.

The webbies are looking really great - strong and lush and growing quickly.

I hope you are right DM, fingers crossed.

L

luvaduck

Bump
Just a little update:

All going well in my little 'hobby garden'.

Have been enjoying some really nice smoke this year, and I owe it mostly to the lovely folks in computer land for sharing so much invaluable info.

Both quality and quantity have improved out of site for this ol boy. The most impressive thing has been sharing with mates, who are used to the old product, and being asked "whats that, some of that stinky hydro shit?", and then watching the smile as they are told, "nah mate, home grown, organic." Makes a duck puff his little breastfeathers up and strut around!

Sensi Skunk x z99

Webbed plant

Aussie bush x z99

same plant, little head.

Other pheno of my webbies, more lanky like the oz bush, but still webbed!

Last edited: