What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2011, 4.20 Competition LANDRACE category

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
GYPSY what do you think???

by now there should be a landrace category, so new breeds and qualities can be introduced. If the breeders had somewhere to showoff their landraces, maybe we would finally see some new genetics

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
i was about to enter 2 landraces this year, but they werent finished on time. I'm smoking em as we speak thou, and they are off the hook. Angola x Banghi and Lesotho x Uzbekistan (crosses made by Lamanonegra)

F

feral

i was about to enter 2 landraces this year, but they werent finished on time. I'm smoking em as we speak thou, and they are off the hook. Angola x Banghi and Lesotho x Uzbekistan (crosses made by Lamanonegra)
how is this consider a landrace if they are hybrids?
A landrace is a plant that as acclimated itself over generations to a (outdoor) climate.

B. Friendly

Veteran
yes yes yes, this is the man right here :laughing:. I knew I was not the only one!!!
How cool would a landrace category, it would bring precious new genetics to the table!!!!

B. Friendly

Veteran
how is this consider a landrace if they are hybrids?
A landrace is a plant that as acclimated itself over generations to a (outdoor) climate.
I would consider anything not crossed, from the great outdoors to be a landrace.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Interesting idea but landraces can already be entered into the proper categories (sativa and indica). I guess it just depends on how many categories we want. IBL lines (sativa,indica), hybrid lines (sativa,indica,mixed), Selfed lines (indica,sativa,mixed) ect...

B. Friendly

Veteran
it's fair enough to say today we are mostly dealing with hybrids of old 70's and 80's genetics, some co's bring in new stuff but not alot of motivation to show it off.
This would be a unique category since we probally don't see many if any now a days??????

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
B, I definately think the idea has merit bro but I am just playing the devil's advocate. It would open up a rather slippery slope. I dont see a big issue with having more categories from a grower/vendor perspective but from the organization and logistics perspective possibly. Will watch to see what gypsy thinks as hes the man =)

B. Friendly

Veteran
I think alot people who are not into hype would love to see a back to basics category. It would be valuable on alot of levels

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
so a hybrid between 2 landraces are still a landrace!! häääää

i would say we need a outdoor category

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Id love to see an outdoor category . It would be very interesting to see how some compares to the refined indoor .
A landrace category would still have to be divided into the sativa and indica sections ,we would certainly be entering the sativa section in the future if it were to come about .

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Id love to see an outdoor category . It would be very interesting to see how some compares to the refined indoor .
A landrace category would still have to be divided into the sativa and indica sections ,we would certainly be entering the sativa section in the future if it were to come about .

Heya mate! :wave:

Congrats on your 2nd place for Tropical hash....although I didn't get to try any I know from past experiences
that nothing less than stellar comes from you. Well done! :respect:

A landrace category would be awesome....I too have some things in my gardens that would make for a fine addition
to the category, should it come about. ;)

Big hugs to you Donald and sure hope to see you make it there next year! :huggg:

:ying:
DG

EL MACO

Hi friends,

Excellent idea, just to make this session ancient races (landrace), I think three categories would be nice, Sativa, Indica and Ruderalis. Always talking about the origin of seeds and practicing like the old growers, organic farming and only outdoors.

This to keep a selection of hardy plants do not get used (dependent) to chemical fertilizers.

A big hug for everyone and we cultivation.

Good harvests.

EL MACO

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
so a hybrid between 2 landraces are still a landrace!! häääää

i would say we need a outdoor category

hehehehe. sorry, i didnt explain myself well.

Would the pheno which is the same as the mother (in a cross like angola x banghi) be a landrace?

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
Sounds fun, but looking at past cups... people can't tell a indica from a sativa as it is :D

Had 1 myself this year, lineage 70% sativa, but a more indica leaning pheno?

Whaddaya do?

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
hehehehe. sorry, i didnt explain myself well.

Would the pheno which is the same as the mother (in a cross like angola x banghi) be a landrace?

yehh moppel but would be the pheno which is the same as the mother still have some trades of the father...genetical yes, noticable guess not

but i know what you mean and i am with it!! this cross of the 2 landraces is much more landrace the other stuff!!

but here we have the problem.....could this cross be join in the landrace category?? I would say yes, but may other would say no!!!

do you hae some oix of it?? would love to see it!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts