What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2010 Prediction Thread

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yummy will never get laid
until the aliens come,and then and only then,if some poor girl gets trapped with him,he MIGHT man up and do the deed,but only as a last resort type thing

hence my post :joint:

ArcticBlast

We need real Yummybud tshirts! not just some random shirt that says yummy on it,his post make me want to go to canada and slap him,but it is strangely compelling,he needs to make real yummy shirts and sell them on ic!!

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Foreign Shores:

Iran will obtain nuclear weapons.

Israel will attack Iran.

United States will provide advanced weaponry to Israel to support attack on Iran.

Iran will attempt to close the Straits of Hormuz.

Iranian navy will square off with United States Navy.

Iranian navy will be sent to the bottom of the Straits of Hormuz.

War in Afghanistan will start to wind down as Taliban is systematically destroyed.

Israel and Palestinians will return to peace talks after extended summer warfare.

Al-Qaeda will be forced to concentrate operations in Yemen as Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan become no longer tenable.

U.S. will seek U.N. resolutions to enter Yemen and displace Al-Qaeda.
------------------------------

Domestic:

Cap & Trade will fail to pass as implications of "Climategate" becomes more widely known.

Inflation will become a key concern by the end of the year when CPI tops 4% year-over-year.

U.S. housing market does not recover. Foreclosure crisis becomes larger as a result of government intervention in housing markets.

Real unemployment remains above 10.00%.

U.S. starts trade war in an infantile attempt to prop up domestic producers and manufacturers malled by recession using protectionist trade policies.

National debt exceeds $14 trillion.

Imputed interest rate on 30-year Treasuries exceeds 5.00%; mortgage market hits skids.

Final adjustments to real GDP find economy contracted in 2009 and this continues for 2010 as new taxes reduce output and increase unemployment.

Federal government provides more loans to state governments to continue unemployment insurance benefits.

S&P 500 gains 7% for year.

2010 elections end liberal ruling majorities in Congress. Senate control remains with Democrats but there is no longer a 60 vote super-majority. Political pundits will claim this torpedoes remaining legislative agenda for President Obama. Democrats retain control of House, but cannot pass legislation due to Senate electoral logjam.

H1N1 hysteria comes to an end and Americans realize they were had.

GM remains in the junkyard; Ford returns to profitability and CEO is lauded as great American businessman.

Bailout of FannieMae and FreddieMac becomes huge political liability. TARP program ends with calls for Congressional investigations.

Predictions are like shoes; everyone has them but most of them belong in the closet.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
damn mpd, amazing analysis! i'd be surprised if only half that list happened in 2010

ArcticBlast

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Foreign Shores:

Iran will obtain nuclear weapons.

Israel will attack Iran.

United States will provide advanced weaponry to Israel to support attack on Iran.

Iran will attempt to close the Straits of Hormuz.

Iranian navy will square off with United States Navy.

Iranian navy will be sent to the bottom of the Straits of Hormuz.

War in Afghanistan will start to wind down as Taliban is systematically destroyed.

Israel and Palestinians will return to peace talks after extended summer warfare.

Al-Qaeda will be forced to concentrate operations in Yemen as Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan become no longer tenable.

U.S. will seek U.N. resolutions to enter Yemen and displace Al-Qaeda.
------------------------------

Domestic:

Cap & Trade will fail to pass as implications of "Climategate" becomes more widely known.

Inflation will become a key concern by the end of the year when CPI tops 4% year-over-year.

U.S. housing market does not recover. Foreclosure crisis becomes larger as a result of government intervention in housing markets.

Real unemployment remains above 10.00%.

U.S. starts trade war in an infantile attempt to prop up domestic producers and manufacturers malled by recession using protectionist trade policies.

National debt exceeds $14 trillion.

Imputed interest rate on 30-year Treasuries exceeds 5.00%; mortgage market hits skids.

Final adjustments to real GDP find economy contracted in 2009 and this continues for 2010 as new taxes reduce output and increase unemployment.

Federal government provides more loans to state governments to continue unemployment insurance benefits.

S&P 500 gains 7% for year.

2010 elections end liberal ruling majorities in Congress. Senate control remains with Democrats but there is no longer a 60 vote super-majority. Political pundits will claim this torpedoes remaining legislative agenda for President Obama. Democrats retain control of House, but cannot pass legislation due to Senate electoral logjam.

H1N1 hysteria comes to an end and Americans realize they were had.

GM remains in the junkyard; Ford returns to profitability and CEO is lauded as great American businessman.

Bailout of FannieMae and FreddieMac becomes huge political liability. TARP program ends with calls for Congressional investigations.

Predictions are like shoes; everyone has them but most of them belong in the closet.

Great post but you left out the continued devaluation of the US Dollar due to massive government spending and the crippling debt owed to communist China. The price of gold will skyrocket while the dollar plummets.

C

cork144

freedoms will be taken further, cancer cases will rise now from the new body scanners, they will put in more and more soft kills,

taxation from co2 bollocks is going to cripple millions finacially

wars will be further expanded.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Great post but you left out the continued devaluation of the US Dollar due to massive government spending and the crippling debt owed to communist China. The price of gold will skyrocket while the dollar plummets.

I didn't forget it. 2009's real economic news that wasn't reported was the incredible increase in energy costs (oil rose 64% in 2009) and the devaluation of the American dollar. The Federal Reserve System increased the money supply by a factor equal to roughly 13% of GDP and the foreign markets have already discounted the American dollar by that amount. Further devaluations will only occur if The Federal Reserve decides to do another round of ex nihilo currency inflation. Do to the amount of flak that Gentle Ben Bernanke's nomination for an additional term as chair of the Fed is going to create (unprecedented and a complete embarrassment) I think he may be more realistic about the use of the practice of quantitative easing. Greenspan got away with it, but we are now faced with having to pay the bill for this.

Who knows, you are probably right and I am all wet. These sorts of threads are exercises in hubris to an extreme degree and I am no more prescient than the next person in this regard.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
I didn't forget it. 2009's real economic news that wasn't reported was the incredible increase in energy costs (oil rose 64% in 2009) and the devaluation of the American dollar. The Federal Reserve System increased the money supply by a factor equal to roughly 13% of GDP and the foreign markets have already discounted the American dollar by that amount. Further devaluations will only occur if The Federal Reserve decides to do another round of ex nihilo currency inflation. Do to the amount of flak that Gentle Ben Bernanke's nomination for an additional term as chair of the Fed is going to create (unprecedented and a complete embarrassment) I think he may be more realistic about the use of the practice of quantitative easing. Greenspan got away with it, but we are now faced with having to pay the bill for this.

Who knows, you are probably right and I am all wet. These sorts of threads are exercises in hubris to an extreme degree and I am no more prescient than the next person in this regard.

No, you aren't wrong at all. We're thinking the same thing but taking two different directions to get there. Intelligence allows room for correction.

pedrodepaco

It will start in the cities but it will spread across the country side. civil unrest will turn to revolution. Most of the military will defect rather than fight thier own people. We will fight against blackwater and other mercenary armies. When it is said and done america will be broken into over 50 countries. States will once again b soverien. Some areas will be segregated the south east will b black the south west will b mexican and the north will be white. Families will be forced to act like families again or they wont survive. Many things could cause this but I tink gas will top 5.oo a gallon and that will b the trigger. Go buy a rifle and a grip of ammunition. Also remember there is always hope with a scope.

L

LolaGal

Lola's Top Ten Predictions for 2010

Lola's Top Ten Predictions for 2010

Yummybud gets laid.

1) Yummybud is murdered by hooker from Craig's List ad.

2) Gypsy Nirvana's true identity is revealed.... he's really Burt Reynolds !!!!!

3) US legalizes Marijuana, then promptly outlaws rolling papers and pipes.

4) Obama is caught in gay affair. "I've been keepin it on the DL" sez Prez

5) Paris Hilton is killed in tragic jello incident.

6) Nobody shows up at Paris Hilton funeral.

7) Kenny speaks clearly on South Park for the first time.

8) Scientists prove Chocolate is key to living past 125 years.

9) Aliens make first contact, they are giant octupussies. 1/2 cat, 1/2 octupus. Landing in Korea, they are promptly served as main dish.

10) LolaGal discovers gold mine on her property, after winning Powerball multi-millions. She promptly buys vast tracts of land, fences it and puts up a free dispensary/greenhouse.

med_breeder

The US economy will "recover." People will get sick of not consuming. Those that always avoided credit will give in and get credit cards. Young 17 year olds that are pissed that their lifestyle has suddenly changed, will become 18, get credit cards and start spending. I believe the US economy will be save by freshly turned 18 year olds.

"The recession has brought our family together, family game night etc.." <--yeah right!

We as a country, is sick of not being able to mindlessly spend like during the Clinton years.

2010 we get back on track.

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts