What's new

2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
June 11- July 11 Joburg, South Africa

Fifa

don't have any friends that are fans so thought I'd post here. We' don't have cable normally but we get it for the world cup :D It's just not that big where I live so no fanatic but I enjoy watching and playing.

2006 was great, Italy did take it but France and Germany were my teams ;) Portugal good show

Anyways, anyone else watch the cup?

cheers
Smiley

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sure George....

I will be watching some of the games as I always do......I like a bit of Football....

....and maybe England will come away from it with something this time, they haven't won it since 1966......

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Sure George....

I will be watching some of the games as I always do......I like a bit of Football....

....and maybe England will come away from it with something this time, they haven't won it since 1966......

Even tho' the US doesn't stand much of a chance to win, too many injuries, not enough skill players yet, I still love watching it. I think the US will be playing England in the first match, right? Wayne Rooney is awesome! :gday:

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the US have a pretty good team these days. Some of the guys i see playing day to day in the prem are great players. Clint Dempsey & Landon Donovan come to mind. They certainly have a good chance at anybody, but realistically they will be doing well to make it past the group stage.

England on the other hand will be wanting to make it to the semis at least.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would think Spain are the favorites, closely followed by Brazil & Italy. Anyone in that top10 could do it though, well... maybe not greece. :D
I see the Dutch have made it to 3rd in the rankings :chin:

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Sure George....

Glad to hear it Gypsy :wave: The years of great players leaving to play for their hoime countries have taken their toll but we're are starting to see a resurgance of players actually playing for host country or second generation now identify as english? Maybe.

Even tho' the US doesn't stand much of a chance to win, too many injuries, not enough skill players yet, I still love watching it. I think the US will be playing England in the first match, right? Wayne Rooney is awesome! :gday:

The US is starting to really make strides and I think that really only comes with time but it's hard to see a country do much when the nation really doesn't support soccer past college.

Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool...

:wave:

:Wave: llllliiiiiiivvvvveeeeerrrppppooooooooll :D

Slovenia will blow England away;)

Slovenia ain't fuckin around man.... they came in strong this year :D One to watch

I admit the England side looks like hell!! But still Solvenia? I think not.. However don't expect England to do much here its to hot for the Brits. My prerdiction: "Look for a African team to shock the world"

Early season miricle mile dream teams get everyone going but they do fizzle rather quickly.

I think England is going to crush us in the opener ;)

Me, my opinion...........

Netherlands
Spain
Germany

Smiley

trouble

Veteran
GROUPS:

(A)
South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

(B)
Argentina
Nigeria
Korea Republic
Greece

(C)
England
USA
Algeria
Slovenia

(D)
Germany
Australia
Serbia
Ghana

(E)
Netherlands
Denmark
Japan
Cameroon

(F)
Italy
Paraguay
New Zealand
Slovakia

(G)
Brazil
Korea DPR
Cote d'lvoire
Portugal

(H)
Spain
Switzerland
Honduras
Chile

:pirate:

one day left and the streets are mad with crazies dressed in all sorts of colours waving flags and blowing these plastic trumpets called Vuvuzela's. All the office staff are busy painting their faces.

Such an awesome feeling seeing all these nations unite under one umbrella called Football.

Good luck to all teams and supporters. This is going to be wild!!

Come on South Africa, please just win the opener atleast!!!

:jump:

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
one day left and the streets are mad with crazies dressed in all sorts of colours waving flags and blowing these plastic trumpets called Vuvuzela's. All the office staff are busy painting their faces.

Such an awesome feeling seeing all these nations unite under one umbrella called Football.

Good luck to all teams and supporters. This is going to be wild!!

Come on South Africa, please just win the opener atleast!!!

:jump:
greets Old Friend thanks 4 the on the scene update! Do u live in SA ??? i too hope that SA can win their opening match. Gonna be fun watching it all play out over the next month :jump:

Irie Lion - yes Sir, I'm in Cape Town South Africa.

Bombadli.360 - SA are GMT+2

Party party party.

To Brazil, I would just like to thank you for bearing such beautiful sexy woman.

Aweh!!

StoneByName

Supporting England all the way!

If I was a betting man - Brazil/Spain

However well we do I can't wait, World Cup = the best sporting competition on Earth! :D