What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2010 baseball trades and rumors

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Well

The money should be flying soon towards last years contract year performers

I have been hearing a few names thrown about and 171 players so far have filed for free agency

My personal favorite ball player Roy Halladay, is looking more and more like a Yankee every day. grrrr

so post up any rumors or trade news you hear only 133 days left till opening day

Dr Dog

Veteran
A Hielman to D Backs for prospects
Well seeing this guy should be in the broadcast booth by this point, I guess the Cubs win here

Grabow (LRP)two-year, $7.5 million, resigns with Cubs

Average wage for a veteran arm

Dr Dog

Veteran
The Cubs making all the noise so far

Rumors of a Halladay deal in the works. He would be a good fit there, although not strong at the plate, he can certainly pitch to Nat league batters

Dr Dog

Veteran
Omar Vizquel 11 time gold glove winner signs with the White Sox
1.375 mill for 1 year

still just rumors on Halladay

Styles P

damn i wanna see the phillies pick up chone figgins. could you imagine the line up. j-roll batting in the 9 slot and figgins leading off right after him then victorino utley and howard. i also wanna see them pick up a few bullpen arms and maby a backup closer incase lidge sucks again.

Dr Dog

Veteran
Phills have got a great team. Chone had a terrible post season but a great season

I would like to see the jays make alot of moves, and they may make a few, with a new young GM looking to make his name after 8 terrible years of JP Ricarrdi

Hopefully they sign Marco Scutaro to another 2 years. With Adam Lind and Aaron Hill tied up with long term contracts the first three/four are fantastic.

The rest of the team, leaves a bit to be desired

Kind of hoping Jason Bay wants to play for the Canadian team

Dr Dog

Veteran
Halladay in Boston?

Rumors today have Halladay going to Boston for Bucholz and a prospect, and heat is on in NY to match this.

time for Halladay and the Jays to get PAID!!

Dr Dog

Veteran
White Sox with Andruw Jones to a 1 year 500 000 deal. Good deal for a possible comeback player of the year

Jays ink probably one of the best infielders in baseball to 2 years, congrats Johnny Mac

Stoned Crow

If Halladay goes to the Yankees, I may have to boycott baseball altogether. Now if Halladay goes to the Cubbies, then the Universe would be almost perfect.

Dr Dog

Veteran
I think Boston really wants him, from what I heard is coming back to TO

My favorite all time player, I love Roy, I hate to see him go, but he needs a ring and he is in hall of fame for sure, still got 10 years in him, will be around a long time

Stoned Crow

Halladay for Bucholz seems to make sense, a proven player for major potential plus cash. The Cubs have a little to give up, but not pitching. The Cubs top three pitchers make too much money, and the rest (outside of Marmol) really aren't anything special.

Dr Dog

Veteran
Lilly Halladay again would be nice for Chicago

Lilly was good as Halladays number 2, just not consistent

nasty curve

Stoned Crow

Yeah, Lilly was the top dog for the Cubs this year, but the cubs are stretched with the salaries of Soriano, Lee, Ramirez & Zambrano. I don't think the cubs can afford Halladay without getting rid of one of those contracts, and some additional major tallent. The only one I could see the Cubs getting rid of is Soriano or Zambrano, but the way their numbers have shaken out the last couple years compared to their salaries, why would the Jays even want them?

JBlaze

The Jays are trying to ditch Vernon Well's whale of a contract. I'm sure whatever deal they're trying to pull off with Halladay, Wells will be included. But there is no way they can get off the hook with all of his contract. The Jays will have to eat some of it.

Dr Dog

Veteran
Halladay deal could be happening

Marco Scutaro's name being heard now with Boston, I like Marco, would like to see him stay

Jays also been looking into C Yorvit Torrealba.

Dr Dog

Veteran
Been slow in the trade world

I have not even seen a rumor, that has any merit behind it. Winter meetings start very soon, should have some trades to report then

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm a long time NY Mets fan and I noticed were trying to get Jason Bay.....He's kick ass in Boston and the mets can definatly use a younger star to go with Beltran and Johan Santana. I know we sucked last year and have been choke artists in the past but hopefully we can get some good younger players and avoid injuries like last season. The mets will spend money but not always smart.....I definatly think it's smart to get a Jason Bay in his Prime. The mets have been bad to overpay for older talent and gotten bit from injuries and the players not living up to there talent in the past

Dr Dog

Veteran
I was kind of hoping that jason would feel some national pride and want to come to the Jays, but the only way, that would ever happen, is that they only have Bay under contract and no one else lol

I like Jason, I am envious of any team that gets him