What's new

2009..my date with Density..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Merry Christmas! Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday!

A friend of mine and I got one of those masks from his older brother once, only it had an electric air pump with a bowl on top! Whewwww would that thing toke! :eek:

Had a wonderful Christmas Day! Getting used to going to double the number of holiday events... :eek: :D

Looks like you had some fun out on the beach! I don't know that I'd get in the water though... :eek: My other half has never seen the ocean...
That JEM you've rolled is an outstanding plant! Look at the yield of that thing! I know how good the smoke is... :headbange

About to light a pipe of bubba kush x bubblegum... Usually tastes like it has hash on it... :smoke:

picture.php

M

mossy

Positive vibes coming your way.
Cheers Mr.Meds..appreciated.
We have had dank freezing cold weather for a couple of weeks..
but on Christmas day the cloud cleared up and for 4 hours we had glorious weather..then it rained again.
But hey..the magic had been done by then.
Christmas on the beach.

lowrdr..wey hey m8...:santa1:
How's ya doing..did you manage to scrag any new kit for Christmas..?
I got some batmix..looking forward to trying it.
:listen2: I laughed my head off when I saw bpb with the gas mask bong..then I thought..
bet T puts that straight on his pressy list for next year...:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Had a wonderful Christmas Day! Getting used to going to double the number of holiday events...
ha ha ha pipeline..didn't even think of that..man..you will be putting on weight.
Tell me...did anyone buy you a pipe and slippers now you are an old married man..:chin:
:biglaugh:

Looks like you had some fun out on the beach! I don't know that I'd get in the water though...
You wouldn't m8..believe me you are not that daft..we have been down to 0 for night temps for a protracted spell..
But it is a Christmas/New Year tradition here that someone does and the rest of us stand on the beach and clap them in.
My other half has never seen the ocean...
The UK is so small (in relitive terms) that no matter where you are Inland..you are never more than a 35 minutes drive from the nearest coastline...so we are kinda used to it.
We always went down to the coast on Christmas day in the UK too..
(but we lived on the North Sea..so even at the height of summer you wouldn't want to swim in it. :biglaugh:)
How far are you away from the nearest coastline..?

That JEM you've rolled is an outstanding plant!
Cheers pipe..she is a mixy..JEM x Nigerian Nightmare x ALF#3. The self seed.
Got ALF & NN bud colour in her.
NN's xl ginger pistills
JEM smell on cut down.
I'll force her over to the NN side of the cross as I roll.

First tickle on the scatty sati's.
NOT AF...booo..
so they have been put Outdoor
but I will keep hold of them and they will flower on the first natural 12/12 on my season..March.
Probably harvest May.

picture.php

This is the Crown Head DC..the one where I hunt the accelerated bud.
You can see the AF pair. Male in the middle..female at the far left.
I hung them out in the cupboard longer than normal..under 24 hour light
just to check the Big ones weren't Semi AF's
but they were showing no sign of flower..so I put them outdoor.

picture.php

The AF's are not a matched pair..and they are not on the breeding plan...but if they want to play jiggy jiggy..I will let them.
The only thing outdoor with them is the scatty sati and it isn't even in sex yet..so nowt is spoiling.
It is the first time I have had this one out in AF.
Outdoor too now.

picture.php

The rest are indoor under lights...as follows..

This is the first tickle on the Bad Betty's @ F2..
I love the pheno on the left.
Brilliant bud sites...love her frame.
She is a dusty red ATM..
but I think the contrast against those white pistill say she is going to purple up as she goes over.

picture.php

picture.php

This is a Nigerian Nightmare dominants..look at the candy striped stem..
but the growth rate says it willl probably be NON-AF..

picture.php

This is the first BX on the black DC cross

picture.php

This is the Bud-Wide-er DC cross pheno that I like.
She gets better by the minute.
I would say she is about 20-24inches.

picture.php

About to light a pipe of bubba kush x bubblegum... Usually tastes like it has hash on it...

Light one for me as well m8..I could do with one.
One good thing about being ill..I got extensive testing done on the AF DC crosses..ha ha..
and I am happy to report..
they aren't carrying any Paranoia..

Last edited:

Mr.Meds

You wouldn't m8..believe me you are not that daft..we have been down to 0 for night temps for a protracted spell..
But it is a Christmas/New Year tradition here that someone does and the rest of us stand on the beach and clap them in.

That's funny, we had the same tradition for New Years Eve on the east coast of the states. Too funny..,:biglaugh:

This is the first tickle on the Bad Betty's @ F2..
I love the pheno on the left.
Brilliant bud sites...love her frame.
She is a dusty red ATM..
but I think the contrast against those white pistill say she is going to purple up as she goes over.
Those Bad Betty's are looking "wicked" awesome! hahaha!
But seriously they look like they'll be good producers and their named appropriately.
:tree:

data

I'm back..
Right bit at a time.

The one you asked about.
Remember the Black DC cross...well look at the one on the far right..
she is a sibling cross.

She was non-af..so she was thrown out the grow cupboard on 12th Dec last year..to outdoor..not only survived..but was one of my most favourite smokes of the season.

I put her back to a set of 8 ALF males..for an orgy..to get the AF content back in her...so..((ALF X DC) x ALF)
This is my first "look-see".
I have two kush framed fems and two vertical fems in...and an absolutely cracking matching kush framed male.

Only downside..the fem is the brilliant White I want..
but the male is carrying loads of colour.
ATM..he is looking dark purple..but I cannot ignore the fact that he could be the Black as he goes over..
so I thought I may as well clip it when I see it.
Unfortunately not outdoor...only for photo

Brought up under lights..but they had to come out for him to pop

How selective are you when breeding mossy, do you have a labatory or noted diary of your findings or is it a simple case of any female will be used to create seeds.

What generation are your current seeds and do you have the generations stored incase of a loss etc that has happend with mdanzig in the past.

also im intrigued to know your set up and how many seeds you grow out to find selected males/females etc. how secure is the cross and how does it differ to the new up and coming demanding autoflowering plants.

im just enquireing to find out more, as i see this strain sometime ago released on crazy-x seeds and would want to know why its now with joint doctor etc and how its changed from the seeds that were sold on "EDIT"

cheers

bpb

Well didn't make it until late but merry xmas to all hope it was good if you are wondering I tried out the new mask and well the holidays were a blur lol

I would show more pics of the auto cab I have running right now but can't add the pics on here with the setup I have now but let me tell you mossys thumbs are so green it reaches the shoulder

Glade to see you all hade a great holiday season and pipe my mouth is still watering from the pic lol

bpb

Well didn't make it until late but merry xmas to all hope it was good if you are wondering I tried out the new mask and well the holidays were a blur lol

I would show more pics of the auto cab I have running right now but can't add the pics on here with the setup I have now but let me tell you mossys thumbs are so green it reaches the shoulder

Glade to see you all hade a great holiday season and pipe my mouth is still watering from the pic lol

Mossy that new nigerian looks to have great stature and the budwider looks like it will be one hell of a yielder
Great work as always

M

mossy

Those Bad Betty's are looking "wicked" awesome! hahaha!
But seriously they look like they'll be good producers and their named appropriately
Fingers crossed Mr.Meds..it is just the start of their journey
but I am liking what I am seeing.

data
How selective are you when breeding mossy, do you have a labatory or noted diary of your findings or is it a simple case of any female will be used to create seeds.
One of the hardest questions to answer..because it depends totally on the genetics you have and what you are looking for...and what stage you are at

I'll give you the example of the Bettys.
The Bettys come from the Original JEM line...non af version.
They have been worked on solid for 4 years.
Strengthening crosses all the way down the line...IBL...pure.
(I would say that they are at least f10.)
The one line finally produced two solid..reproducable phenos I would like to see on AF.
Bad Betty and Ugly Betty
They were IMO running stable as non-af..so I hit them with the AF JEM.
In Theory they should produce really solid/stable crosses with little variation because they are all from the same genetic pool..
but it never works like that.
I THINK that I will get Bad Betty out..strong..by f4 on the AF rolls
but Ugly Betty will take another year.
So..if I am right..Ugly Betty will have taken 6 years from start to finish.

do you have a labatory or noted diary of your findings
Over 30,000 photos/descriptions.
Every trait/colour/frame change that I am interested in is documented.
You cannot rely on memory alone.

I lost most of my first season photos when my PC crashed..so now they are all on external storage.
What generation are your current seeds and do you have the generations stored incase of a loss etc that has happend with mdanzig in the past
I have seeds stored from every generation of every line I have made
But..there are no guarantees..some of them are over 4 years old..
they might not be viable at all now.
or is it a simple case of any female will be used to create seeds.
I don't like Hit and Hope.
When I am on a "look/see" I am letting the plant go with IT's strengths and dominances..opening it up to see what is there..the possibilities
But once I Name a cross..I have a definitive plan for what I want out of the hybrid..

as i see this strain sometime ago released on crazy-x seeds and would want to know why its now with joint doctor etc and how its changed from the seeds that were sold on "EDIT"

The JEM's sold by EDIT were exactly as nature intended..colour mixed..with the colours still rolling
the JEM sold by JD have been selectively bred to increase the RED/PURPLE ratio.
Work is now also being done to produce a Purple only JEM..
and I would like to see a White only JEM...but we are still talking about that one.

M

mossy

bpb....

Merry Christmas to you M8....:santa1:
Glad the gas-mask bong worked out..
you know I cannot keep a pipe/bong alight to save my life..
but I think even I could use that one..:muahaha:

but let me tell you mossys thumbs are so green it reaches the shoulder
Cheers m8..but the good growing is all down to You.

and the budwider looks like it will be one hell of a yielder
IF I can get the original density of the mom onto that frame..I will be laughing.

lowrdr

like the idea of a white only one mate!!

no new kit for me, have had to abandon everything. problems with the house so all sorts of people in and out so too risky. have managed to pull together a nice little stock of seeds so things will continue, at some point lol !

M

mossy

Aw man lowrdr....I feel for you..
BUT..
safety over-rides everything else.

I'm sending Heaps of good karma your way and hope your problems resolve shortly.
My world would be a sadder place without your girls to ogle..:yummy:
Any time-frame in mind..or is it all in the hands of the gods..?

Are you sitting on a bud stash or are you dry..?

like the idea of a white only one mate!!

Me too m8..
Best pain-killer is in the Whites..so I'm pushing for it in isolation..or majority mix..
I would hate to see it eliminated from the JEM entirely.

Last edited:

lowrdr

cheers for the karma mate think ill need it as its all in the hands of the gods unfortunately! got a bit of blueberry left over from the last grow but im not very impressed with it to be honest. not very strong and the plants didnt yield well, typical really as it was my last grow, but the breeder does say that they like large root system or they will under-perform. i just took a gamble, and i lost lol

i shall miss having the girls around too, its not like i can put any out geurilla either so i just have to wait. i will be working with your purple ak47 line when i return so i should be back in style lol ;)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of interesting projects going on in mossy's garden... :smoke:

I'm not too far from the beach... About 3 hours, but thats only if you count the Great Lakes... :D

When we treck out to West Virginia to ride our mudbikes, that about a straight shot to the coast I'd say, and its about 7 hours.... You could hit the coast in around 10 hours or so maybe... I dont really know... When we go down to florida it takes a good 12 hours....

Man you miss one day here and you're way behind..... :eek: :D

I got more than full several times recently... I tend to maintain weight though, the dog keeps me walking and I go out and cut firewood quite often... :)

What kind of bat guano did you get, mossy? Whats the NPK?

Are you not on 12/12 yet? you should be getting more than 12 hour darkness I would think... Days are getting longer now I thought after the winter solstice... Those sativas should be flowering in no time and be done by march... :chin:

I see those crown head DC autos threw a popsickle at you... Roll with it I guess, might as well look at what it has to show ya... :)

I'm still workin on the thread, I'm just gonna post this so I don't lose it... Need to go check on the wifee anyway...

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love that branchy bad betty on the left... Looks like a good yielder... Sativa dominant plants can a lot of times have looser flower density and yield less than the indicas. So the plants that aren't shy about branching are the ones you want to focus on so long as they carry the other traits you are looking for...

picture.php

The first backcross on the black DC hybrid, was that backcrossed to a black indy style (Mazar x lowrider) x Lownranger) plant? Nice tufty branchy texture to that plant there... :yes:

That bud wider DC cross has a floral stucture of the maz x lown sativaish plants doesn't it... Lovely branch structure though... 24 inches is wide for an auto! :yes:

Glad to hear these DC crosses aren't carrying the paranoia... How has the smoke been, any energetic upity aspects to it, or is it mostly a chill out, pain killer type... I'm sure theres an assortment of smoke types in the hybrid... Theres plenty of afghan in the cross thats for sure...

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats quite an extensive library, mossy! :yes: I would love to do that. Thing is, a lot of my sites throw a whole new curveball in to the phenotype being expressed... Its great to have a stabil environment like the porch where you get sunlight all the way down to your feet all day... The plants really differentiate in those conditons I bet... I strain just to get everything done most of the time... I really wish I had gardens where I could sit and observe them all the time... :smoke:

Sucks you have to hold off for a bit, lowrdr... Safety is number one... Looking forward to your garden's return and that purple Ak47 auto! :drum:

M

mossy

<----still needs an AF really good for pain and nerves/muscle spasms
Your needs are the same as mine Mr.Meds...find the incense scented pheno in any Afghan dom for best pain-relief.

i shall miss having the girls around too, its not like i can put any out geurilla either so i just have to wait. i will be working with your purple ak47 line when i return so i should be back in style lol
Hopefully I have worked through my germ probs shortly..fingers crossed that we are both ready to run full throttle for spring.
We promised S_a_H a garden to be proud of for 2010..

I'm not too far from the beach... About 3 hours, but thats only if you count the Great Lakes...
Cheating pipe..cheating...tut..tut..:biglaugh:
12 hours drive to get to Florida and see the ocean..man that is a long way.

Is Lady pipe okay..?
I saw you mention in your thread that she wasn't well.

Man you miss one day here and you're way behind.....
:biglaugh:
ha ha..I have to get it out as fast as I can and catch up with as much as I can during my well patches..
I could be down again tomorrow..my arse is still dragging the ground a bit.
Are you not on 12/12 yet?
Nope..my first natural 12/12 is on or around 21st March.
I looked last week at the sunrise/set times and I am on around 9.5 hours
but with the dank..
my light quality is crap ATM too.
I see those crown head DC autos threw a popsickle at you... Roll with it I guess, might as well look at what it has to show ya...
I was taught that the only cross you regret is the one you didn't make...
you can always put them away and play with them later.

so I'll leave them to it..
BUT..I think that the cold/dank/low light conditions will probably act as a natural contraceptive..
transpiration rate will be Way down.:biglaugh:

I'll get the NKP on the batmix for you tomorrow..M8 rigged a buzzer up to the security light PIR..(for the ripper)..
but it means I cannot on the patio after dark without setting them both off.

HookaHittaH

mossy is the security light right on your plants? do you think it would affect their dark cycle if say a cat or the plants moving in the wind sets off your light? Just something to think about.. deff better to having something out there rather than nothing. Have you ever thought of putting a camera out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.