What's new

2000watts rockwool slabs with drippers

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
thanks guys

well heres some shitty yellow pics of day 10 i didnt have time but al have some better ones done tonite
they deffo didnt like something only the runts look normal all the rest are doing the same with the lower nodes

picture.php

picture.php

rocket high

Veteran
Well they look a lot better and bigger than mine that's for sure . They should go into full flower mode soon by the looks of it ..im three weeks in and the problem looks like it wont be fixed so i'll ride it out to the end what ever happens.

slim blue

the cuts were taken from plants that were 6 days into flower i didnt think they would do it this late in they had at least 3 days hardening and 7 days under 400w before flowering and saw no signs until day 6 of flower

peace

Just curious as to what lengths you went to to harden off your cuttings. Did you place them outside?

3 days hardening could be where your issues are coming from if you tell us what happened during this period somebody might be able to chime in and help you out.

I know of no logical reason to harden cuttings in your situation.

Plants are best propagated in suitable conditions for current growth it causes less stress.

This is basics from age 16 at horticultural college.

Hardening off is a term used to acclimatize plants to harsh outdoor conditions I have been growing in a attic for over a decade. its not that cold up there and I have none of the fancy insulation you have spent ££ on.

Smoke and Mirrors I was just going to post pics of plants in the bio-bizz thread in the soil at 1.2 and at 2.4 and let people make up there own minds.

I still will when I get some space. Hang on.

Ril what you on about???

Harry Lime

Veteran
Just curious as to what lengths you went to to harden off your cuttings. Did you place them outside?

3 days hardening could be where your issues are coming from if you tell us what happened during this period somebody might be able to chime in and help you out.

I know of no logical reason to harden cuttings in your situation.

Plants are best propagated in suitable conditions for current growth it causes less stress.

This is basics from age 16 at horticultural college.

Hardening off is a term used to acclimatize plants to harsh outdoor conditions I have been growing in a attic for over a decade. its not that cold up there and I have none of the fancy insulation you have spent ££ on.

Smoke and Mirrors I was just going to post pics of plants in the bio-bizz thread in the soil at 1.2 and at 2.4 and let people make up there own minds.

I still will when I get some space. Hang on.

Ril what you on about???

i wanna see them pics so i'm hangin on as well ya see its bin nearly 3 weeks since ya sed ya was gonna show em an i got cold waitin round 4 ya

why doncha feel tha love insted of cumin on all:moon: guy?

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
wow sorry if I used a proper horticultural term there I did engineering instead I didn't see a career in horticultural at the time my bad

they were climatised in there new blocks before going in the loft and under the 400 vegged for 7 days until roots were popping out the bottom then they went on the slabs

these cuts were taken from shit plants it's all I had to work with you clone from shit you get shit just another lesson learned here al learn the hard way no biggie really it's all a learning curve for me hell I never planted any seed before I joined here so al learn as I go

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
keep it up!
BTW hardening off: whatever it really means, we indoor gardeners use it to describe changing fom t5s to hid lights, keep ur lights high the first few days to harden small plants to their "harsh" new indoor environment

jiffa

nice work bro , the missing growtip looks freaky man lol

ill be at the bong watchin quietly bro

as you was bro

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Lets hope the helicopter flies over with FLIR soon then :)

sorry but i wouldnt wish that on anyone..

eitherway read through your thread tbh ive always found rockwool a pain in the arse so i only use it for cloning. ive taken clones from very neglected plants a few years back and had a great run with them so not sure if its that. they look much better now anyway. eitherway.. good luck

slim blue

Nice looking setup Ril. I wasn't trying to nit pic at you hardening clones off I was generally curious.

I have never suffered problems from transplant shock. (only from soil grown plants re-planted into coco)

I clone under 600w and sometimes do it under PL2's The the difference they make to my grows is cost effectiveness.

I like to use the same light start to finish on the room. (No stress from this method.)

Say you grow 100 cuttings to get 81 clones under a 600w. Regardless of media.

When rooted if space is an issue then 1 ltr pots or the equivalent size with your chosen media is perfect for pre-veg in 116.5m2 pot to pot to get the ideal root stock and lead structure for strong heavy yielding plants.

I have used 250w over this size garden in the past.

The PL2's put out a lot of heat compared to Hps and you need 2-3 units for this size veg area to stop etiolation. So I stay with the 600's

Nowadays I think changing lamps is a noisy long winded game.
Dim-able ballasts are a ripoff,,, why would you need to dim?? What for??

You can do this clone technique under 250-400 or 600w. In any media

Flower them at 5 days of 24 hours light to keep them small.

Or spread them out and use bigger pots or more 600's.

I found Hydro to stretch too much for me in my room.

Like you say unhappy clones didn't help.. Maybe when the cubes rooted into the slabs they just didn't like it plain and simple... Shit happens dude.

With respect.

I was in a house working today in an attic of a nice big very expensive house house and it is consistently hotter in every corner of that roof than my grow. I have been in many attics over the years checking.

Fact: Choppers cant see a 1000 w light heat signature if you heat your house from the grow. Test this yourself.... I do.

Also flying round in the summer daytime is a pointless exercise looking for 1 light grows.

2000w, I wouldn't dream of running that kinda light ever in an attic.
And I would never ever vent such heat to the outside.

Did you ever try using a light mover.

I wouldn't run 2000w without getting 140 oz + at the end.

I don't think your doing to bad but when something works stick with it RIL.

No shop bought grow method ever works better than your own ingenuity dialed in.

Mono cropping is the key to success in flat growing in my experience.

I like your thinking of just getting the rockwool from the shop and no big-bags.

Slim.

slim blue

keep it up!
BTW hardening off: whatever it really means, we indoor gardeners use it to describe changing fom t5s to hid lights, keep ur lights high the first few days to harden small plants to their "harsh" new indoor environment

H'mmm I don't have a harsh indoor growing environment.

But ok then if you say so.

I meant to say 116.5mm square above.

slim blue

I'll try not to sound too condescending but if you follow simple basic rules things are a bit easier.

Environment Plant/s Space.

You probably don't even need 2000w to get 140. Much less.

I now grow with 1 600w as its class B and I have mates getting 80+ on Hydro from 2 600w of light on a flat garden and at least 57 hand watered.

I've grew many many gardens less than 2000w and some with more light than plants but for now I'm chilling. Its a bad time for uk growers.

slim blue

Buying a system that limits what you can get from a given floorspace is a critically bad move from my point of view, most of the systems today have limited performance capability’s when comparing traditional gardening skill and knowledge and its tried and tested formulas of old against a bad aquaponics design covering 1.2x1.0 m2.

The sog will out perform every time.

SLIM BLUE, seriously

ill split it down for you like i had to last time

YOU

- your the person i had to explain what soil was to, it was difficult!!
- your the person who seems to give out lots of inaccurate advice

YOUR GROW

- you grow in a uninsulated attic with 1 light, because drugs are now a class b offence but then go on to state SOG as your preferred method, so you dont understand the law and plant numbers

YOUR RESULTS

- you get near 2 -3 GPW - assuming you get 140 oz with LOTS LESS THAN 2000W
- you have no photos
- you seem to only post at night, presumably after you have drank too much due to your midnight random babbling posts your so famous for

SUMMARY

So, after evaluating all the above, ive ripped down my grow rooms( and insulation ), set up in my attic with 1kw instead of the 6kw i was using and started drinking a lot

will i achieve your numbers now ????

hope so, weve all been doing it so wrong

oh and your quote..

' I'll try not to sound too condescending but if you follow simple basic rules things are a bit easier.

Environment Plant/s Space'

dont worry, you dont sound condescending, for that you would have to be giving good advice in a bad way, not random rubish as usual.... you come across as a person who is trying to impress a load of people on a forum with david brent buzz words and random nonsense.......... and guess what....... we dont care

posts pictures or shut up!!!!!

cue lost camera, im not at my grow op, im not growing this month, my laptops stolen etc etc blah blah blah blah

slim blue

I never said I was unaware of the plant numbers. I just don't care about them only my bottom line. You get busted you get busted. Seen it many times.

I don't care for fancy technology I don't need it.

I also live by the old school never show/tell anyone. I don't care for you piss antics.

I have nobody to impress, Who is David Brent?? What Nonsense?

No point in ripping down a room that works efficiently is there?
That is if you have a 6k room that is a huge work load.
What numbers were you are you getting??

Its all logical really no smoke and mirrors involved.

This gets 25oz that gets 28oz is all bull.

Drinking what for??

What is inaccurate advice??

What about soil didn't I know show us all. Go on.. You know you want to.

Ril all the best the next one will be amazing I'm sure.

oh dear

struggling again are we

so. SPELT OUT FOR YOU YET AGAIN........ the soil bit is in the soil thread you posted in ( i know who would have believed it), perhaps read what you wrote and how ridiculous you sound

all your advice is somewhat innacurate, your funny yield boasts, your poor understanding of the class b system and how light numbers dont affect it, your somewhat change of attitute to posting pictures and proof, your incredibly poor communication ( a sign of low intelligence ), your funny advice that you seem to love dishing out, your late night ramblings blah blah

do i need to continue...............

and for someone who has nobody to impress ill quote you........

TAKEN FROM A THREAD ABOUT SOIL LABELLING HAHA

SLIM - I will post some clones from start to finish in both substrates and show you up. Stay here on Ic mag and I'll show you up to be a newb grower that cant hand water properly. or manage a soil grow - HMMMMMM YOU SEEM EAGER TO IMPRESS HERE WITH YOUR IMAGINARY PHOTOS THAT NOBODY WANTS TO SEE

EVERYONE ELSE IN THREAD - hahahahahaha, why????????? this thread is about a mis labelling problem not your insecurities???

PS the bit about soil was that you didnt know was soil was, i know its tricky stuff........... dont you remember?????

Ill refresh your very poor memory...........................

SLIM - You called it soil not the Bio-Bizz website.

ME - HMMM read the website again.............

SLIM - goes quiet after realising he cannot read

What about soil didn't I know show us all. Go on.. You know you want to.

you had a lot of difficulty understanding what soil is, i know its a complicated world out there slim with soil and all those other things to worry about........................ but let me refresh your memory ( or lack of ) with a link.......................................

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=244179

this one, seriously can you not remember what you did a few days ago

this would explain a lot about you ???

Latest posts

Latest posts