What's new

2000 W HPS - 10 2-plant Rubbermaid DWC 8x5x8 COMPLIANT

G

What's happening people? Hope all of you are ire like me :) :joint:

Have a new indoor thing going on. Feel free to pull up a chair, post your own pertinent pics/comment/opions, and certainly anything you think might be useful for the space. If so inclined, I encourage you to contribute thoughts on deeper subjects, different subject, philisophical topics, any topic.

The only rule besides there are no rules, is A.Fool doesn't like disrespectful people. I'm nice, be nice to the visitors of my diary, or kindly, don't post here.

:joint: :joint: :joint:

That said.

Room - 8 Ft Long - 5 Ft Wide - 8 Ft Tall
Clone/Veg/Mom Box - About 3.5 Ft tall, 5 Ft wide, and 3 Ft deep.

Still under construction, but almost there. The pics of the moms in this post were taken about 5-6 days ago. I'll make sure and take some more, the growth is nice, for soil.

Flowering Room -
-2000 Watts HPS
-Custom Carbon Scrubber
-6 Inch fan for cooling lights, filtering air.
-Passive Intake Vent with filter cover
-10 10 Gallon Rubbermaids with 2 4 Inch net pots per container.
-5 Dual outlet airpumps
-One large blue Wal-mart airstone per container

Strains -

Mendo Madness - 2 plants
Purple Erkle - 1 plant
Mikado x Romulan - 1 plant
White Label Master Kush - 1 plant
Mandela Safari Mix Female - 1 plant

First run will be mostly Mendo Madness. The plants together have almost enough cuts on them to fill the 10 containers... However, I've never had anything better than 90% success cloning. So... I'm giving the group some more veg time and should have a couple master kush in there, and maybe a safari mix or two as well....

Not sure, have to see how things shake out growth wise over the next week. Think that once I can get a rooted clone of that slow mother fucking erkle, I'll put her in a 10 gallon with soil (cloned in soil, from club) and throw her in the big room...

Will certainly have 4 less plants than my countys limit. Looks like a bit more work, couple days of growth, roots, and A. Fool's off to the races...

Welcome! :joint:

G

White Label Master Kush Mom - Sexed out doors, starting to throw re-veg shoots

:joint:

Mikado x Romluan - Club Cut

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this seems like its gonna be a fun journey fool.i'll pull up a chair right here in the front...show on pimpin,show on.
peace

G

Welcome Mang... Going to upload a couple more pics, then snap some current ones... :)

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
uploads are down bro... :fsu:
i'll be waaitin for pics though bruh...i have a gang of them to put up myself...peace

G

Tonatiuh said:
uploads are down bro... :fsu:
i'll be waaitin for pics though bruh...i have a gang of them to put up myself...peace

That ain't no lie! Been sitting here since I started the thread taking pics form the camera and onto the computer... Must have tried to upload 8 different times before I used the search function... Found some thread where people explaining something similar to what happened when I ht submit... Figured as much...

Thanks for the heads up mang...

Just took plenty more pics of the moms, some flower room shots, ect.... just about there in terms of taking clones and filling up my 20 DWC spots...

mMMmmm....Can't wait, know what I mean? Shit my outdoor is stellar, but tolerance builds TOO quickly...Ugh....12 hits of fire oil to get ire :fsu:

G

Mas Photographs Senor and Senoras!

(Hopefully more Senoras :)

<----Purple Urkle - Looks like it could be nice...

<---Mikado x Romluan - Same with her, love the leaves
:joint:

<--Mendo Madness Momma #1

<-- Mendo Madness Momma #2
:canabis:

G

More pics...

More pics...

Geez, CANNOT freaking wait, it's almost time to clip the clones!

Just some shots to occupy the time until then.... Thinking I'll take some/most Sunday night :joint:

Some Supplies

The Mother Fucking Juice, bitches! (You all aren't bitches, just a tad excited it's coming together, been waiting for a LONG time people... MUCH blood, sweat, and yes, tears it took me to get where I am now.....

Doorway shot, obviously, a bunch left to do before the clones get put in their rubbermaids....

Rubbermaid Dreamin Baby! Say hello to my little friends!

G

RealSupreme said:
nice setup man, good luck for ya crops!!
.. tagged!! keep it green bro

:lurk:

-RS-

Thanks mang : )

Literally been learning about, experiencing (growing and of course ingesting herb) since I picked up my first High Times when I was much younger. Fought long and hard to make it to this blessed place called NorCal. Now that I'm here, and getting it started (in a meaningful manner, not 1sy-2sys outside) I truly am living a dream. Thanks for the kind words, there should be MUCH kind dank in the coming weeks, months, and years..... :joint:

G

Took clones last night people....

14 Mendo's
4 Master Kush
3 Safari Mix
3 Mikado x Romulan

The Urkle is retarded slow at vegging, happier than shit, but slow like a retard riding the short bus to school.... Going to keep her vegging until she's big, take a couple clones, put her in water, and flower momma, eventually... Anyways, pics soon. Just some cuts floating in water right now. And some hacked up moms... Talk to you all soon - A. Fool

kingspade

hey bro

a tip i've learned...

if you have a buncha those buckets or rubbermaid bins, during the grow, your going to have to top up each bucket individually, which may not seem that bad, but trust me, it's a pain in the ass once your plants get bigger...

what i do, is connect a line from the bottom of every bucket to it's neighbor bucket, almost like a recirculating dwc, but not, it just keeps all the water level even throughout the system, and then keep one "controller" bucket where it's easily accessible, and don't put plants in it, and you can monitor the level of that water, and know where the water levels are in every bucket, and just poor your new nutrient solution into that "controller" bucket

i drew up a little drawing to give you an idea of what i'm talking about

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What up Fool?

Ya setup looks clean. Wsup wit the black plastic on the walls?

Good Luck, stay safe

MARLO

G

Alright people... After MUCH headache, I'm back. Been quite busy with work and this project. Also, in an effort to buy more needed equipment, I sold my digital camera. However, I do have one on the way and will be taking some pictures to show you all the "progress" A. Fool has been making.

So, let me re-read my posts and update you.....

Alright, sooooo, my last post. Yeah I took 14 mendo madness clones, NONE rooted.:wallbash:

The master kush rooted quickly, but has proven to be astondingly finnicy... Weird plant in the DWC. Get's spots on the leaves, turns yellow and then they burn up. I've noticed she likes the lower PH range, and the 3 clones (the last try with Master Kush) are seemingly happy after pulling through some growth as described above.

The mikado x romulan is a monster plant. Fan leaves as big as frisbees! Two of the three rooted. One was put into flower and one was left to veg for cloning later on. The one that's been flowering for a few weeks looks like it'll produce, she's just taking her time finishing. Holding steady with no signs of burning around 1100 ppm.

The purple urkle in dirt is also a few weeks into flowering, along with a Grape ape in a DWC. Very very similar plants. You can certainly see a shared family tree with these two!

So what we've got flowering right now is -

Mikado x Romulan - About 4 weeks (DWC)
Master Kush Mom - About 4 weeks (10 Gallon Rubber Maid, Dirt)
Two Master Kush Cuts - About 4 weeks (DWC) - Almost completely FUBAR
Purple Urkle - About 4 weeks (5 gallon bucket, Dirt)-Almost completely FUBAR
Mendo Madness Moms x 2 (5 gal bucket each, dirt) - Almost completely FUBAR

So, I was stuck with a bunch of cut up moms and virtually NO clones. Fuck, what's a guy to do? Well, I vegged those moms out for a couple weeks and stuck the plants into the flower room under 1000 HPS....

Flipped those while I had some more plants vegging. I had picked up 5 Da Purps clones at the club, and a Sweet Tooth cut too.

I let the Da Purps, the Sweet Tooth, the Mik x Rom, The purple urkle, and the Safari clones veg out....

For about a month.

On the 10th, a mik x rom and sweet tooth clone in a 10 gal DWC went into the flowering room. Sweet Tooth is about 1.5 ft tall and the Mik x Rom is a bit shorter, maybe a foot and four inches... Both are happily drinking a rich 790ppm solution and like it best around 5.9 PH....

Then the 15th I put in the 5 Da Purps clones 2 in one container, and 3 in another 10 gal rubbermaid.... Also, two purple urkle cuts in one dwc, and a safari in a dwc. Finally, the 3 Master Kush in DWC...

Then I've got four rooted Mik x Roms vegging out with four Sweet Tooth's....

Also have in DWC -

Purple Urkle Mom
2 x Grape Ape Moms
Safari Mom - Weird plant BTW... She's a Mandela Safari Mix Seedling that I still haven't flowered fully. She's a re-veg from last summer. SUPER slow grower, slower than the Urkle, and she has similar veg structure as the Urkle, but also quite easy to see differences. I anticipate SUPER DANKNESS with this clone.

And finally, just took ten cuts from the Da Purps this am, and have the remaining 6 Mandela Safari Mix seeds sprouted in those Rapid Rooter things...

All in all, going pretty good.

I must say, spraying for mites 4 weeks in with Neem Oil is a big no-no.:fsu:

I sprayed after my urkle in dirt starting showing the signs. I read the infirmary where they say it's ok to spray into week four. Whoops. Totally killed the top nugs of all the oldest plants. They're starting to come back, but look like total SHIT> Oh well, you live and learn, next round already in the flower room is looking strong and most (except for the urkles and safari cut) are growing 1-3 inches per day.

Pics asap!

A. Fool.

G

What up Fool?

Ya setup looks clean. Wsup wit the black plastic on the walls?

Good Luck, stay safe

MARLO

Yeah, it's getting there. I wish I could have afforded to put it together in one shot though. So much trying to spread the money around made things tough to cope with AS they came up...

It's certainly a work in progress, finally got the second ballast!:woohoo:

That said, the black plastic was used to make the room air tight. I've got panda plastic encompassing the lower 3/4's of the room now. It made it like twice as reflective!

Peace - A. Fool

G

hey bro

a tip i've learned...

if you have a buncha those buckets or rubbermaid bins, during the grow, your going to have to top up each bucket individually, which may not seem that bad, but trust me, it's a pain in the ass once your plants get bigger...

what i do, is connect a line from the bottom of every bucket to it's neighbor bucket, almost like a recirculating dwc, but not, it just keeps all the water level even throughout the system, and then keep one "controller" bucket where it's easily accessible, and don't put plants in it, and you can monitor the level of that water, and know where the water levels are in every bucket, and just poor your new nutrient solution into that "controller" bucket

i drew up a little drawing to give you an idea of what i'm talking about

Bro, that's seriously a sick idea. Really.

Right now, I'm working with so many different strains, at different stages, that a system like that wouldn't work. Trust me, I know what you're talking about. I spend alot of time checking PH, topping up, ect... My back is starting to hurt...

I'll be moving the set up to a bigger space soon, six lights, more floor space, and most importantly, ONE STRAIN per run!!!

I'll be setting up a re-circulating DWC for that due to the 6 light plan. Will of course be adding a chiller to the system... The space I've got is nice, just have to get my plants dialed.

Stay tuned mang, A. Fool about to blow it up!

:dueling:

L

LEOBABY

Mikado x Romluan!!!!!!!

Man that is the only cross i ever grew that really tasted like blueberry. Best of luck with that one man. I grew out feds cross back in 1999 and god i wish i had that back.

G

Some Pics Guys

Some Pics Guys

Sorry it took so long. Using a camera now:joint:

Here's some shots of everything, MORE to come soon. Will take some shots tonight if I can, but things are dialed in now, finally. Added the Kool Bloom liquid and finishing powder to my Flora Nova Series this weekend and I must say I'm super excited. The additions plus the sugars I'm giving the girls now, are really showing through. I was doing things right before, now with the new line up, I feel completely dialed on my strains.

Looking to the SweetTooth and Mik x Rom to be my producers. ST looks like a fast finish, Mik x Rom is taking her time, but looks to be some super dank shit.

Without further adue, some pics.
A week old shot showing most of one half of my flowering space....

Sweet Tooth on the Right,Mikado xRomulan on the right.

Master Kush in Dirt

The "Grid," for now...

:woohoo:

A. Fool

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts