What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

200+ autoflowering plants outdoors.

C

ChaosX

Hi
Season started few weeks earlier this year, the weather is just wonderful.
From three weeks the sun is shining every day, almost no rain. The
temperatures are higher everyday, so we have to start germiniation process
:D I will have about 10-15 spots. Where I look for nice places? The
deepest bushes in the area, near rivers, ponds, lakes. I'm choosing the
best places with the best soil and hard access to undesirable guests. My
spots are located 5-50 kilometeres from home, but I'm not excluding
exploration of further areas.

Seeds:

5 x White Snow AF (FEM) [White Russian AF x Lowsnow]
40 x White Dwarf F2
30 x Great White Shark AF F2
20 x Masterlow F2
40 x Auto Ak47 F2

I'm waiting for about 70 seeds of

Early Wonder Skunk x Mitymite
Dynomite x Mitymite

It gives 200 regular + 5 fem seeds. Everyone is AF. I'm still in need of seeds, because I planned to make about 300-400 autoflowers this season. Unfortunately there is too late to launch hps and just make more seeds. Btw. I've bought mdanzig's blue streak and will choose the best male and pollinate the girls to make some f2's :D

Except autoflos I'll have non-AF plants this year too.

pics soon :D
cheers :joint:

M

Micro420

200+ huh. Going to have your hands full, bunch of plants to look after. But the rewards should be interesting. Good Luck, will be watching. Oh yeah plz post pics eventually. I want to see.:chin::yummy:

Mr. Stinky

while it may seem like alot of plants, they should be pretty simple to maintain. they will be done and hangin up by first of july, and as long as they see the sun, and you keep em watered or it rains once a week, they should do well. good luck :smile: lots of guys givin the autos a real college try this year. should be interesting to see how they work out.

C

ChaosX

Micro420, as Mr.Stinky said AF's are much easier to maintain than non-AF's. The life cycle is shorter, and that's one of the biggest advantages of them.

I think that autoflowerings are one of the best way for quick-crop on northern latituteds too. I'm on 51N. They will be growing in the best direct sun, so the buds should be chunky. I'm planning to sow more of them after 8 May. Until 16 July I should have finished plants. They will start vegging on may, then june & july for flowering. I think that each plant should give about 20-30g of dry bud. Maybe more :)

I'll be tagged up for this. 200 AF's should be a fun time. :D I'll be running a few AF's outdoor this year as well,

Good luck ChaosX! :rasta:

little j

i agree chaos. good luck. i think it can be done. i think good weather can do it all for you. af's are the next challenge on my list.
little j

Molson

Good luck.. can't wait to see how a decent sized AF outdoor grow turns out.

Have you considered staggering germination to make harvest easier? So you can harvest 1/3 one week.. other 1/3 following week... then last 1/3 ?

Which reminds me... Does anyone know how long, on average, it takes from seed to harvest? I know breeders say 8-10 weeks, but does anyone have a number from previous harvests? I'll be away for a week during the summer and am trying to figure out when approximately I should start my grow, as I don't want to let 'em 'over ripen.'

Which reminds me... Does anyone know how long, on average, it takes from seed to harvest? I know breeders say 8-10 weeks, but does anyone have a number from previous harvests? I'll be away for a week during the summer and am trying to figure out when approximately I should start my grow, as I don't want to let 'em 'over ripen.'

Last ones I grew(ML) I harvested day 76(just to see if potency improved) from seed, day 70, and day 65, all were equal potency. All from the day the seed poked above ground.

The one thing I did notice is running it the 70-76 days the flavor and high seemed slightly better than day 65.

Peace

Tropic

Can be a great grow, provided you don't miss a male in there! In my experience males show sex a bit earlier than females, which can prove useful to avoid unwanted pollination.
Will you be growing them in pots or in the ground? What medium will you be using?

Hi Molson, in my experience, 10 weeks is usually what it takes for a good, ripe harvest, but of course this depends on strains and other factors (health, temps, etc). I've had AFs finish in about 7 weeks but the yield wasn't there, however the 10 week ones do give nice amounts of damn good bud.

Peace :joint:

C

ChaosX

Regular F2's will be sow direct to the soil on spot. Feminized seeds and Blue Streak F1's for seeds are in pots. It will be organic grow, I mixed soil from spot (good, dark soil) with bird & cow guano, dolomite, perlite. For flowering I'll be using bat guano, and maybe PK13/14 but I'd like to avoid chemicals. I use special mixture from hunters to scare away the animals.

BTW. Thanks for seeds good people! :)

Molson, yeah, I was thinking about it and probably will do that.

DIRT DIGGLER

subscribes...unfolds lawn chair. this should be interesting, I plan on doin a bunch outdoors but my seeds wont be ready until mid june which sucks,but oh well what can ya do.

goodluck on the grow.

Bob_J

how big are your holes?
also how tall do you think on average they will get?
lastly is this your first time with autos? have you had problems with stunting at all? i had problems last year with mine, kept them in red beer cups to long indoors. was at 63 degrees
-bob

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
This sounds just like a project i would like to do for breeding. I will keep my eye on this one. They should do great outside.

C

ChaosX

I visited yesterday one spot, where I sowed 10 seeds 8 days ago. As always I forgot my camera, but there is no show yet... :) babies aren't so sexy :p

I have to say, that I'm really satisfied of places amongst the lakes. Microclimate is wonderful.. the air isn't so dry, despite there wasn't raining since 3 weeks, but seeds germed very well and my spot haven't got problem with humidity. I was really suprised the rating. 9/10 came out and now they're small babies! Seeds were under plastic bootles. Temperatures are about 20-25C day, and 5-12C nights. Everything works cool so far :D I plant in this wonderful place first time. Have to take some pics next time!

Bob_J, I usually don't bring the soil.
I choose the best place where soil is suitable, then mix the soil from spot with cow & bird manure, dolomite, perlite. I think that bringing the soil is waste of time if you want to plant more seeds. After mixing, plants have a lot of good soil with a lot of space for roots. For sure more than you can bring :) I'm on 51N and it's really hot here from few weeks :) I've recently read that AF's should be plant straight to soil outdoors, when the weather is good enough. Starting indoors and then moving outdoors stress them what should we avoid in this short life cycle :) I think that most plants should be 30-50cm.
I'm going to sow more 8 and 10 May, so update soon :)

Have a good day everyone! Here the weather is just wonderful! Need to go out and smoke something :D

Cheers!

rocky_mtns

...stoked to see how this turns out, i'm very interested. I have quite a short season way up in the mountains, so this may be my calling for outdoor

I am going to have about 100 in my current closet, but thinking of setting up another that will flower 126 at any given time, and have seedlings all over the place, so along the liens of 200 plants in that closet under 2 600 watt lights... I want to see pics of your 200, i bet its beautiful

Peace/Love/Joy

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
I am going to have about 100 in my current closet, but thinking of setting up another that will flower 126 at any given time, and have seedlings all over the place, so along the liens of 200 plants in that closet under 2 600 watt lights... I want to see pics of your 200, i bet its beautiful

Peace/Love/Joy

Ditto some pics would be killer :D