What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20/4's Perpetual Multi-Strain Grow

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i see your working some lst on them sour 60s to increse yield, maybe you should of fimmed 1 of them and see what results you get, instead of having 1 main cola split it and go for 2 or even 4, also you could top the plant and make them bush out and create more colas if space isnt an issue,

it does look pretty cramped in their though

just an idea :)

good luck :good:

peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
i see your working some lst on them sour 60s to increse yield, maybe you should of fimmed 1 of them and see what results you get, instead of having 1 main cola split it and go for 2 or even 4, also you could top the plant and make them bush out and create more colas if space isnt an issue,

it does look pretty cramped in their though

just an idea :)

good luck :good:

peace

Thanks for the tip skotty, but i prolly wont fem the autos due to space issues and also from what ive seen autos dont do super well being femmed, slows down the growth from what ive seen.. Speed is a big factor for me thats one of the reason im doing autos right now, i would rather have an 8-10 week harvest not 12-14 weeks like ive seen when people that fim there autos..Space in my cab is already an issue like i said, im hopnig the seeds in the faster onyx will be mature soon so i can pull her out of there, i really need the space...The sour60 are starting to take over the cab very quickly, LST might become an every grow thing very soon for me... Once i get a bigger supply of beans saved up i was planning on fimming an auto and see what my results are, for example if i get 15 more grams because i fimmed and only a week added to growth time, then to me it would be worth it, but 15 grams for 2-3 more weeks isnt for me.. Just different strokes for different folks! I really appricate you stoppin by skotty and trying to help me achieve the most out my autos!:wave:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
no worries fella, but in order to get bigger yield your gonna have to run your plants for longer, its the nature of the beast let me explain,

if you fim or top an auto before they sex it will slow them down and make them veg longer as it will take a couple of days for them to get over the shock and then a few more days to recover, this could take upto a week extra and if you do it twice then your gonna get more veg time outta them before they flower, i can only speak from my experience for topping an auto,

the other alternative is to go hydro and look for the biggest yielding strains ;)

im looking forward to seeing what weight you get from the onyx, it shouldnt be long now before you break out the axe :)

peace

peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
no worries fella, but in order to get bigger yield your gonna have to run your plants for longer, its the nature of the beast let me explain,

if you fim or top an auto before they sex it will slow them down and make them veg longer as it will take a couple of days for them to get over the shock and then a few more days to recover, this could take upto a week extra and if you do it twice then your gonna get more veg time outta them before they flower, i can only speak from my experience for topping an auto,

the other alternative is to go hydro and look for the biggest yielding strains ;)

im looking forward to seeing what weight you get from the onyx, it shouldnt be long now before you break out the axe :)

peace

peace

Indeed i cant wait to pull out the axe:jump: Its just a matter of time now, I dont think the faster maturing one will be the one to accurately weigh, since i did pollinate a whole entire side cola, which could have weighed a decent amount is now filled with 50-100 onyx seeds. But i cant wait to see what my results are with soil, if im not happy i may switch to coco alot sooner than i thought:tiphat:

Good looking stuff man. I'm thinking about getting a closet going for autos. 4 feet wide, 2 feet deep with a 400 HPS. Look forward to seeing your harvest! Do you know the # of days the two onyx plants are at?

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Good looking stuff man. I'm thinking about getting a closet going for autos. 4 feet wide, 2 feet deep with a 400 HPS. Look forward to seeing your harvest! Do you know the # of days the two onyx plants are at?

DAMN! thats alot of light in a small space, whats the height on your closet are you running a cooltube? I would think 400watt in that space would cook and egg lol, but i cant wait to see your setup these closet setups are pretty neat i must say.. Currently the onyx plants are 61 days old, the faster maturing one will be gettin trimmed up within 5 days and cut down within 10...:tiphat:

DAMN! thats alot of light in a small space, whats the height on your closet are you running a cooltube? I would think 400watt in that space would cook and egg lol, but i cant wait to see your setup these closet setups are pretty neat i must say.. Currently the onyx plants are 61 days old, the faster maturing one will be gettin trimmed up within 5 days and cut down within 10...:tiphat:

I agree man one of my favorite parts of growing is checking out everyone's setups. I have about 6 feet of usable height in the closet so they obviously won't be filling it vertically. I do have a cooltube but I'm not sure on temps, haven't gotten everything hooked up yet. :dance013:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
I agree man one of my favorite parts of growing is checking out everyone's setups. I have about 6 feet of usable height in the closet so they obviously won't be filling it vertically. I do have a cooltube but I'm not sure on temps, haven't gotten everything hooked up yet. :dance013:

If you have a pretty decent fan blowing across a 400watt light you could probably pull it off and get monster yields from a tiny space. Cheers hit me up with a link to your grow when you get it going:dance013:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Need a few opinions...

Need a few opinions...

My onyx are currently on day 62:jump:, the faster maturing one is fading very fast, i am considering giving her the chop a lil early. (I deff want a more heady/trippy buzz, rather than couch lock...) Also my lady friend is leaving for a trip in about 5 or so days and wants to take some along with her... Im planning on letting the slower onyx go to around day 70 -80 not sure exactly when, but i will know soon enough. So what do you guys think? I pollinated around day 30(so seeds have matured for around 4.5 weeks), should i trimmed her up real nice and leave her under the light for a couple more days then give her the chop? Keep in mind i also really need the space for the FIVE sour60 females i have going and im germin more beans as we speak...Should i give her the chop soon?!:wave:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
The lady in question!

The lady in question!

She is 63 days right now, thinkin bout choppin her at day 65, i need the space for the sour60 females i have and for more seedlings, im gonna let the other onyx go until day 70-80 depending on when she fattens up real nice. She is starting to fade more and more every day compared to the other onyx, her time is near. This is the lady that has always been faster maturing from day 1, many of her seed pods are split open are ready to drop seeds.. ive pulled a few seeds out to check and 90% were a nice lightish tan color with dark tiger stripes, i will get some pictures when i harvest them all! Until now her is the female in question, should i give her 2 more days and chop her? Im deff lookin for a more head high than i am a couchlock high. What do YOU think?!:tiphat:

picture.php
picture.php

Camera isnt really good at getting the trichs, but trust me they are there!:wave:

L

lowrydergrower

everything is looking really nice looks like some killer smoke can't wait to find out the yield on those babies! :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cant really see shit in them pics mate bit of a hard 1 to call i think we will have to take your word for it that they may well be ready :)

i chopped mine when the trichs were cloudy as i do with most of my plants cause i like the head high as oppose to the help i cant move kinda stone, i look forward to your smoke report

also how did you get on with that molasses did it improve anything in your grow ???

peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
cant really see shit in them pics mate bit of a hard 1 to call i think we will have to take your word for it that they may well be ready :)

i chopped mine when the trichs were cloudy as i do with most of my plants cause i like the head high as oppose to the help i cant move kinda stone, i look forward to your smoke report

also how did you get on with that molasses did it improve anything in your grow ???

peace

Yeah sorry for the pictures, i really need to get a macro lenses of my camera so i can get some good close ups... Sorry bout that:comfort: Im gonna pull a sample bud off and throw it in the vape and see how the high is, this is what i did last time to figure out best harvest date.. And as for the molasses... Im not 100% sure it improved anything, but from what i can smell, they are giving off a more pungent smell than before... Im assuming this will carry over into the taste of the overall finished product. Not really sure if the molasses thickened them up at all, but i think i may not feed one of my sour60 molasses so i can ACTUALLY see if it does anything...placebos are weird phenomenon so therefore i must test:wave:

the END

You can get a cheap jewelers loops, and tape it to the lens of your camera to get some decent macros.
Molasses is the real deal, the Best tasting bud I ever had was fed with that stuff(Very Rounded, Full-range Pallet). It helped add thickness and boosted scent throughout flowering.
Those are Pure Onyx seeds you have forming correct? I have one fem Onyx bean that I am hoping to cross with LR2.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
You can get a cheap jewelers loops, and tape it to the lens of your camera to get some decent macros.
Molasses is the real deal, the Best tasting bud I ever had was fed with that stuff(Very Rounded, Full-range Pallet). It helped add thickness and boosted scent throughout flowering.
Those are Pure Onyx seeds you have forming correct? I have one fem Onyx bean that I am hoping to cross with LR2.

Thanks for the idea! I will get one very soon! Yessir these are pure onyx seeds, soon i will have them crossed with sour60...:jump:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
30 onyx beans

30 onyx beans

Just trimmed up some of the tiny branches off the bottom of the plant(for vape samples) and a few of the smaller seeded bud. I have a GOOD feeling im gonna be good on seeds for awhile:jump: If i could guess how many the cola i pollenated contained i would say well over 150, but we shall see soon enough, since i was able to pull 30 seeds and all were very decently ripe, im gonna pull this onyx on monday!(Day 65) I will have some pictures before and after trim and once some of the buds are dried! Wish me luck!
picture.php

picture.php

L

lowrydergrower

Looking really good bud seems like you will have a nice seedstock now

Plif

hi 20/4. very nice setup. I'm going to grow some AF in a small cab with a 150W Hps.
When do you change the 1/2 gallon pot to the 3gallon pot? When the plant shows sex?

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Hello everyone!:tiphat: So last night the faster maturing onyx was trimmed up and cut down and is now in my dry box:dance013: This was the one i had pollinated, looks like it has less thc than the still standing onyx has(probably due to be pollinated). Also buds are more foxtaily with this onyx, which i very much like, give it a unique style, the other onyx shows no sign of fox-tailing... I got about 140 seeds from the ONE branch i pollenated on this girl, so dusting pollen on 2 times, deff helped out some i believe. The SOUR60 are blowing me away they have really started to take off, already the size of the onyx and dont show any signs of slowing just yet, cant wait until they hit full on flower mode, i have chose two of the bigger and better phenos for pollination and have already done so.. Cheers, ill have more pictures after the buds dry!:wave:

She is a pretty plant i must say
biggrin.gif
Any estimates?
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Genetics!
picture.php

picture.php

Bigger sour60 phenos...Looking very promising already... and seem to love the double pots and extra root depth!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sour60s i am practicing LST on a little bit...
picture.php

picture.php

20/4:tiphat: