What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 X 600watt VS 1000/1150watt with light mover

:huggg:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Doing a comparison with 2 600watt stationary lights versus 1000w (1150w turned up) with a "light rail" light mover. All same brand bulbs from Ultra Sun.

Last edited:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
2 600s should win...yeehaw..I stopped using movers and went to 600s long ago....don't regret ditching the 1000s and the movers...I keep a 1000 around for fun tho

Im also a big 600 watter fan too. Was short on equipment and funds so picked up.a ballast that is 600-1000w lamp compatible for now and depending on results may just get another 600 watter and reflector. One thing ill say about the mover is it seems to help avoid heat stress even on the 1150w setting

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
you can see the return bucket returning nutrients back to the reservoir. Simply a electric float switch hooked to a 250gph pump. NOT 57 COMPONENTS LIKE AN EBB AND GRO CONTROLLER BUCKET. Allows for return as it fills so you do NOT get the build up your experience with "less" circulating systems. KEEP SALT COMPOUNDS FROM FORMING AND PROPER NUTRIENT UPTAKE

Last edited:
Getting ready for next cycle. Been in clone stage for a little too long. Couldnt get to the Hydro store for a minute....

I wrapped the roots in a circle, then gently pushed them into the square holes. I had round holes and pushed them out with my fingers into wider squares to avoid root damage as much as possible. NEXT ROUND ON ITS WAY! :dance013:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EastCoast710

View Image View Image View Image you can see the return bucket returning nutrients back to the reservoir. Simply a electric float switch hooked to a 250gph pump. NOT 57 COMPONENTS LIKE AN EBB AND GRO CONTROLLER BUCKET. Allows for return as it fills so you do NOT get the build up your experience with "less" circulating systems. KEEP SALT COMPOUNDS FROM FORMING AND PROPER NUTRIENT UPTAKE

what u speak of. doesn't aloow the safe use of a 600w bulb.. just a 1000w. dimmed to 600 as far as I know\

Hawaiian Orion

600's and Sun System II's...been doing it for a loooooooooooong time with excellent results. I have no need for 1000's with my results.