What's new

2 short questions

iBlaze

Alright, so here's a picture from my plants that are about 12 days from the seed. They are just sprouting the 3rd node, I inoculated my soil the last time I watered 2-3 days ago. Which does something like release all the energy in the soil. This is just my second grow, I'm taking it far more serious this run around and upgraded a lot of my equipment.

My 2 questions are.

1. I need to water today, should I start using ferts? Here's a picture of the recommended feeding chart. Should I follow this closely? Its a GObox by General Organics.

f0n7m8.png

2. My leaves seem to be bending and twisting, is that a sign of everything? I keep a steady temp of 75 degrees. The temperature is fine. I've been steady spray bottling the foliage 2-4 times a day.

2cerioz.jpg

Any responses are greatly appreciated, any good tips you guys can leave could be information I wasn't aware of.

PS. I'm sorry I couldn't rotate that picture. I'm sure it was a mind fuck for those who are stoned.:moon:

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I'm not familiar with general organics, so I can't offer much advice about the feeding schedule. With any new product, I usually start out with a very light solution first and see how the plants react, and then adjust the concentration accordingly.

what kind of soil are they planted in?

If the soil has any type of amendments in it, they may not need feeding for a while, it just depends on what soil your using and how many amendments if any are in there.

I will say that spraying them down several times a day is not needed. Not sure exactly what the twisting of the leaves is all about.

What strain of seeds are you growing?

iBlaze

STA green Premium potting mix, The next soil they will be in is happy frog. And as for the strain I had gotten the seeds from a friend that grows, close friend, just goods seeds that I could learn on before I put 125$ out for some Northern Lights and 80$ on some feminized Blue Widow seeds

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
All of the stagreen stuff where I live has fertilizer included in it, "feeds for up to 6 months." Since your in such small pots and will be transplanting fairly soon, not that big of a deal. Be careful when transplanting into the happy frog, I've heard is a fairly hot mix. (may burn your plants) So it may serve you well to see what experienced happy frog users have to say on the matter.

About putting out some $$ on my choice of strains right off the bat. I would say don't hesitate if you have the money. It takes 3 months, at least, before you have properly dried herb to toke. Thats a lot of time to commit toward something that you may not like, if you grow out some unknown strain.

Looking back on what I did when I first started, (buy inexpensive beans) I wish i had just spend a little bit more and gotten a bit more reputable genetics. 3 months is quite a commitment of continued effort and even if your a noob and few mistakes are made along the way, it will still be good smoke and even better the second round.

I also feel this way about lighting size, I wish I would have just gotten the 1kw instead of the 400w since thats what I ended up getting eventually anyways and I would have had much more herb than what the 400 brought.

These two things would have put me so much further ahead if I would have just went ahead and did them, so much worth the few extra dollars.

iBlaze

The thing is that I got the 400w off Craigslist on the East coast, Plus I don't have anywhere for a 1000 watt grow. I have a small grow cab.

Well, I took a before I used the correct amount of each nute according to the chart. Just watered I'll post results in a few days.

vwu3gk.jpg

LokiLoki

Id say you could start with about 25% of the recommended nutes now.
When i was using Gold Labels special mix which has nutes that should last for 4-5 weeks i used 50% of Biobizz recommended and it worked great!

But as already stated, take it easy and get to know your strain is always the best.

Anyway, your plants are looking good :)

iBlaze

Eek, I'l go down to 25% i'm using the recommended amount and watered them once with it. Hope I didn't burn my plants. ):

LokiLoki

Eek, I'l go down to 25% i'm using the recommended amount and watered them once with it. Hope I didn't burn my plants. ):

25% sounds good. Hopefully you will be ok. Just to be sure, next time you water it, go without nutes and then continue with 25% of recommended.

Good luck!

iBlaze

It's been 2 days since I've applied the nutes. Plants still look healthy, going into growth on the 4th node. Just a little update, I'm still learning how to tell what the plants want and need so can anyone enlighten me on some signs I might see of problems?

supermanlives

Veteran
i dont check ph and havent for like 6 years . i do make sure an add additional lime to every mix. even if they say they added some. thats the beauty of organic living soil. i dont miss my meters one bit. 6.8 would work.i always use the foliar rates if labeled when trying new ferts. i myself wouldnt mind trying the GO for fun sometime.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I had some leftover Happy Frog from last year's veggie starts, and threw a couple of my cannabis ladies in some..

Did. Not. Like.

HOT. Will never repeat. But, it seems to be that folks have vastly different experiences with the FFHF. Just my :2cents:

iBlaze

It was the damndest thing. As soon as I moved it to a mix of FFOF/ProMixHP/EWC/Lime, it bounced right back.

Ahh, so plants are revivable after having that happen? Good to know, I started out with STA-Green soil and it wasn't all that bad. Plants seemed to love it. It was cheap/easy to get ahold of, and I didn't have to drive to my Hydroponics store 45 minutes away. Low fert numbers, only problem is some shitty long release feeding traits. Definitely for bloom I want to put them into some good good soil. Any recommendations?

silver hawaiian

Veteran
FFHF is a fairly light mix, IMO. My last run was with the mix of FFOF/ProMix HP/EWC/lime .. This time, I did roughly the same mix, but instead of OF, I used Dr. Earth, mostly for shits and giggles.

It could be my general skillz (lack thereof?), but so far, I'm feeling a bit cheated by the Dr. Earth, and I'm already planning to go back to FFOF for the next batch.

On one of my plants last run, I added some Rainbox Mix Bloom to the soil, and just gave straight water throughout. I'd have to say that was one of my heaviest yielding plants. (It was the only one of that variety I grew, though, so I really don't have much reference for comparison)

I

In~Plain~Site

That's why I can use straight bubbled tap and never have to check pH.I knew you was dead-on ;)

I scored the entire GO line a while back, just paid for the shipping for all 32oz. bottles.Use it for 2-3 runs...I liked what it turned out taste wise.

Have since moved on, but would prolly use it again for a little head garden

K+

And 25% sounds about right for those little ones, I would worry too much about GO line, it's way more forgiving then some others I've used.

Not sure if it's these old eyes or not, but I thought I saw the beginnings of a pH issue/wrinkle.

i dont check ph and havent for like 6 years . i do make sure an add additional lime to every mix. even if they say they added some. thats the beauty of organic living soil. i dont miss my meters one bit. 6.8 would work.i always use the foliar rates if labeled when trying new ferts. i myself wouldnt mind trying the GO for fun sometime.

Latest posts

Latest posts