What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 plants outdoor all organic 1st timer

I have been vegging under cfl lights for a mere 3 1/2 weeks or so and put them outdoor around the 17th of July. They were only about 1.5 ft tall. Up until yesterday I just found the pistils I've been looking for. Now it's been about a month since I put it outdoor in which it stretched quite a bit. It's now a bushy almost 3 ft. Did the plant just make the decision show because we've just started out daylight periods of less than 14hours ? This plant looks very healthy and the strain was I guess bag seed but it was that of a thin mint phenotype almost for sure. Anyway I'll put up some pictures of were I'm at now ect as I was curious if outdoor no bites would actually work. Smoke on folks.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure if you need more posts....forget being long time member.

Hit the Go Advanced tab, then the paper clip, upload.

self proclaimed thin mint

self proclaimed thin mint

The thin mint phenotype

Attachments

• IMAG0975_1.jpg
    IMAG0975_1.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 14
Last feeding was about 5 days ago, looking like I'm going to give it about 1/2 gallon and some castings. I won't be doing casting from week 5-8 of flower. I'm having a hard time putting a number on when the plant officially started oooppps.

plant #2

plant #2

This one is either OG kush, btog or green crack. By the looksI would say no on the GC.

Attachments

• IMAG0979_1.jpg
    IMAG0979_1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 8

amanda88

You have done well ...in such a short time too, I'd be adding a lot more mix to the pot, perhaps even potup to a larger size, avoid white go for black pots as light can get to them roots and make her life a bitch!
Understand now shes outside and its falling to winter she too is going to bud at least wanting too, encourage that by reducing any nitrogen feeds, and topping up with any P+K.

I'd avoid using any bagseed for my first grow ...as you never know what you are gonna get, at least with a seed bank you know what to expect, and any faults you can accept as yours, rather then any random seed's fault ...good luck

Thanks Amanda, yeah I was a bit bumming on the white pots. I'm kind of spooked to repot at this stage as when I potted up to the white 5 gal they were shocked for a good week in which it felt like a year. I'm thinking about adding alfalfa meal maybe cottonseed meal. I've just been surprised this thing has been I guess sick free the whole time. Knock on wood.

I was also debating banana peels and peel ash as I've read it has high potassium and phosphorus quality. Now how to administer it without burning my plant. As stated above I want organic as possible lol.

Tom Hill

Veteran
keep it alive, smoke it,, then tell us about about phenotype. everything you ever heard about look for this or that to predict how it will smoke? is uh,, bullshit, welcome to the show.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing wrong with bag seed to start with...you are learning grow techniques, how plants respond, etc. along the way. Most of us did that at one time, or before there were seed banks.

Is this a cat litter type container? If you are concerned about it, buy inexpensive darker colored trash receptacles (drilling holes in sides/bottom) and put white container inside outer container to protect roots. I've grown in white grow bags (black lining)...no problems, however white container might present a problem.

Alfalfa meal is more for veg (N). Now that hours are growing shorter...look for (P) for bloom enhancement. Most organic amendments are intended for slow release, over several months. Banana peels do decompose.

Liquid Kelp or Fish fertilizers will work great for quick short term to get you through harvest (use half strength every few waterings), being a little more accessible unless you already have a compost pile going with banana peels. Just a suggestion.

Solstice in Sept. (12 hr.) not for another month. Many strains finish late Sept into mid-Oct.

Plants look great!! As Tom Hill said...keep growing 'em, doing what you're doing. I think you'll be happy with your first outdoor grow.

Last edited:
Well I'll throw some pictures up in maybe 2 more days.Plant #2 has stretched again and looking healthy still. Plant #1 is gaining more and more pistils all over, it would be saife to say she's flowering. Plant #2 I identified with help from a friend as another female so in stoked they're both ladies. More pictures to come.

plant #1

plant #1

Showing those pistils current pick today, it's been cloudy for 2 days straight geeeez.

Attachments

• IMAG1007_1.jpg
    IMAG1007_1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 11
Probably going to water them in about 3 days or so. if course that'll depend on what it looks like ect. I've noticed since plant #1 has really shown sex the fan leaves are yellowing a bit really the whole plant has lightened up. I'vevseen that the yellowing is part of the process so to speak?