What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 interesting Freebies- 007 and Blockhead

R

Ronley

Update at 17 day flowering

Update at 17 day flowering

The plant is massive and has grown a few centimeters in the past 2 weeks.
But her actual bud devellopment is very slow. I repotted her into a bigger pot a few days ago. I think this has helped because I see that some buds are begining to fill up slowly.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
:yoinks:

Looking good Ron! :woohoo: She's huge!!!

Don't you have problems with people seeing her over the balcony now that she's that big??

R

Ronley

Hi Alex.
I dont have any problems from the street, Because we are too high up, and I keep her back up against the window/door.

I do have a problem with the neighbour directly above me, but I put up an awning and the plants are all under this awning. This helps a lot.

R

Ronley

I dont think she is a Sativa, her leaves are too fat. Also Gypsy said her flowering time is under 8 weeks.
Any new hints from Gypsy-
Please-

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
That plant is awesome Ronley!!! Looks like a sativa to me, plant structure & all, but anyway, a very beautiful plant, thanks for the halva my friend it was really good!! :D

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Hey whats up guys?
There is definately Sativa influence in this cross. Some are more indica though. I think the expression is roughly 50/50. I am inclined to think its a skunk #1 hybrid judging by the smell. Mine are just at the begining of flower now and there is a subtle sweet skunk aroma on the stems. What does yours smell like Ronley?

I am glad that yours is slow to flower, as I was getting worried about my 007 cos they havent responded to 12/12 yet. they are still just vegging away after close to 2 weeks, still no flowers, just new shoots. The other plants in my closet are durbans, and they are forming flowers, but not the 007. its strange, but I am sure its just a late starter.

I just started a thread in the growers forum to document this grow. Its titled - 400w HOG (Halfpipe Of Green) -

here is a pic from a few days ago. the 2 durbans are in the mioddle, and the 4 007s are on the outside.

R

Ronley

Ezra what do you mean by a skunk aroma? I have not grown skunk so I dont know what it smells like. I went to rub the stems and it has a bitter Eucalyptus smell.

I agree that it does have sativa influences. Strange because I thought it to be indica from the begining.

I am pleased to know that others have slow slow flowering. I think that its buds are now starting to fill.

R

Ronley

Hi Sleepy

Yes it think its the bracing sea breeze that helps. :)
Here are some photos of my other plants, Cuppoccino from SwanSong seeds, Zep's strain.
The bigger plant is at 19 day flowering.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Hey Ronley, I did a bit of research on the boards, it seems to be a common trait with the 007, so I am putting mine into 10/14 in hope of inducing them to flower. Are your flowering at all yet?

R

Ronley

Yes I think the buds are starting to flower as they should. Some of them are starting to fill out.

I repotted into abigger pot last week, because I thought that she was getting a bit rootbound and also the repotting would help in the flowering.
Since last week I think she has grown a few c.m's

zamalito

Veteran
I wonder if this is the same 007 line that dutch passion bred the skunk passion from. The skunk passion was the best tasting/smelling herb I've ever had the pleasure to smoke. Very very sweet apricot persimmon flavored. It fits with your pics and description. Dp says the skunk passion is 100% sativa but some have wider leaves. Its very very nutrient sensitive. Perhaps gyspsy could give us a clue. I guess when it buds up you'll know more.

I have some of the blockhead freebies also. Everyone said they'd be runts with a poor germ rate but mine are vigorous as hell. They have huge leaves I'm running mine the same time as my deep chunk and the leaves come pretty damb close. Unfortunately out of the 5 seeds I received all 4 that germed were female. But I'm sure the deep chunk pollen will be pretty damb nice.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great bro.....wish i could grow outdoors, the coating of thc always seems to have the edge on indoor grows.
Keep up the good work and be sure to check my thread.
Peace

Technique

fuckin ell..

i'm definatley going to get my ass into gear for spring, these look like a wild outdoor plant.

clone mumma here we come!!

cant wait to see how it fills out.

R

Ronley

Update at 25 day flowering

Update at 25 day flowering

I can now definitely say that Gypsy 007 is flowering properly and I am hoping that she will be ready in 40 days time.
She is half Sativa half Indica and you are right Zamilito that she does have skunk in her.
Very soon we will know more when her buds devellop better and she starts to pack in the THC.
So First a photo of the 007 Tree. I had to tie and bend the top down a bit because her tip was not getting sunlight.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Looks great my friend but really hate to say that by looking at that plant, it'll take well over 40 days for it to finish, to me it looks like it has just begun flowering, I mean Lowryder takes around 60 to finish outdoors, and that plant looks like a sativa dom to me, 60 days (80-90 total) would be possible..anyhoo, peace and let it grow!!

R

Ronley

Yeah I know Farmer- but I am being optomistic, :)

Gypsy said it should flower in 60 days and as it has already been 20 days in flowering...

Anyways she is doing well now. Very Beautiful plant and like you say Grow on and we will see how she will devellop.
:)