What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 CA MMJ Bills Introduced

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh and this...
(c) Continued sales or gifting of cannabis or cannabis products
either without a valid certificate or after a notification of
suspension or revocation shall constitute a violation punishable as
provided in Section 22998.26, and shall result in the seizure of all
cannabis and cannabis products in the possession of the person by the
board or a law enforcement agency. Any cannabis or cannabis products
seized by the board or delivered to the board by a law enforcement
agency shall be deemed forfeited and destroyed.

♥Mo♥

i think because of this...

22993.6. (a) The board shall issue a certificate to a grower upon
receipt of a completed application, payment of the fee prescribed in
Section 22993.4, a completed background check, and a determination
by the board that all other applicable requirements of this division
have been met. The board shall not issue a certificate if any of the
following applies:

(3) The grower or, if the grower is not an individual, any person
controlling the grower has been convicted of a felony.

also saw this...
22998.28. (a) Every person that engages in the sale or
transportation for sale of cannabis or cannabis products in this
state shall obtain and maintain a cannabis and cannabis products
seller's or transporter's certificate pursuant to this division.
(b) It shall be rebuttably presumed that a person that is in
possession of more than 28.5 grams (one ounce) of cannabis, or in
possession of products containing more than 28.5 grams (one ounce) of
cannabis, or in possession of both cannabis and products containing
cannabis which together total more than 28.5 grams (one ounce) of
cannabis, except a person holding a valid identification card, or the
designated primary caregiver of that qualified patient or person
pursuant to Sections 11362.7, 11362.765, and 11362.77 of the Health
and Safety Code, is engaged in the sale or transportation for sale of
cannabis or cannabis products.
(c) The board or other law enforcement agency may, in its
discretion, also consider, with respect to the circumstances in which
the cannabis or cannabis products are discovered, the equipment with
which it is found, the place it is found, and the manner of
packaging in determining if the person in possession of the cannabis
or cannabis products is engaged in the sale or transportation for
sale of cannabis or cannabis products.
(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (b), a person who is discovered at
his or her private residence to be in possession of an amount of
cannabis in excess of 28.5 grams (one ounce) shall not be presumed to
be engaging in the sale or transportation for sale of cannabis or
cannabis products.

so you only could have more then one ounce at your private residence and thats it. no where else.

As I read the bills they really only apply to growers that are selling their product big or small. That being said a bit of quality control is well needed in this business. There have been many times I have had webs in my buds(spider mites), seeds that should not be there, slight mold, and most over fertilized and not very well flushed leading to headaches amongst other things. I don't like the idea of the government doing it but we have failed to do it on our own as of yet.

This in my opinion could let us know who really does have "the best" that many of us are still seeking to this day.

My personal concern regarding true personal use growers is written in section 22998.28. subdivision (b):

It shall be rebuttably presumed that a person that is in possession of more than 28.5 grams (one ounce) of cannabis, or in possession of products containing more than 28.5 grams (one ounce) of cannabis, or in possession of both cannabis and products containing cannabis which together total more than 28.5 grams (one ounce) of cannabis, except a person holding a valid identification card, or the designated primary caregiver of that qualified patient or person pursuant to Sections 11362.7, 11362.765, and 11362.77 of the Health and Safety Code, is engaged in the sale or transportation for sale of cannabis or cannabis products.

I find the phrase "except a person holding a valid identification card" as intrusive to prop.215 because no identification card is required, simply a "recommendation for medical marijuana use" is all that is needed.

I do see the 1 ounce limit as being a problem as well. Proposition 215 allows up to 8 oz's for "personal" use to be in our possession but LEO will surely twist this especially for the one's that have more than one strain and like to keep separate containers to know what is what.

With a little clarification to these noted concerns this may balance out the wild west image we have going on right now, and the ones that can afford to be providers will need to step up their game a bit and provide true quality medicine for those that are in need:tiphat:.

Frozenguy

Veteran
Let me get this straight, they can't take away what they did in 96' without direct voter approval right? Thats why we won People vs Kelly ya?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
California has long been a place for social leaders. You all certainly were on cannabis. Then, the selfishness came to the forefront, with career criminals voting in droves to keep pot "medical" to protect their six and seven figure incomes.

And with that, the legislature saw their opening for more tyranny.

You get what you voted for. I'm looking at you, Emerald Triangle. I read those exit polls. Your "brothers" with less dollars for private defense will be getting time all around ya... but let's be honest, ya never really gave two fucks anyway, did ya'?

Nice.

If you can only point to your own kind whilst calling them criminals and placing the blame on them, then you should seriously consider why you don't think legislature, with their tyranny, is more deserving of it.

Talk about not giving two fucks...

Latest posts

Latest posts