What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2.64w CCFL nano vert cab

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
I reckon time on the plant maturing and ripening might have not been long enough, like you said before somewhere, and the genetics of the male or female that helped made the seeds could be suspect.

Peace.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Can't be the genetics dude. We're talking every single cross I made, with many males and females. Take this specific seed, the Exodus. It was just a straight mating of m & f exodus plants.

All my Full Moon crosses (with 2 seperate males crossed to many different females/strains) did the same.

There was also a Shiva Skunk male crossed to many females/strains and they all did it too.

Female Shiva and male Full Moon = bunk
Male Shiva and female Full Moon = bunk
Full Moon x Full Moon = bunk
Exodus x Exodus = bunk

and the list goes on. I reckon it must be age but it just seems so strange to me. I've never heard of this problem being such a problem. I learnt pretty quick with not leaving them ripen enough. Most of the seeds I put in were fine. Some even looked great. Pisses me off, man. :wallbash: How agro would ya be if you sprouted some 3000yo tomb weed and it sprouted but just grew elephant ears...lol.

All my seed is a bit over a year old now by the way, not that bad, one would think! Stored very dry and dark. Gaaaah!

Edit: actually there was a short period earlier on where they were stored ummm not so optimally :eek:: Maybe that's it. But still. Dayyum.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Frustrating as HELL!! :lightning: Storage would of been maybe my next guess, shit bro so many strains, I could accept 1 strain not having optimum breeding tools but that many with male and female of both strains not working :booked: :dunno: It is very strange hope you tinfoil hat is on ya head bro :hide:

Peace. :biggrin:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
But of course! Gotta keep those government mind rays out. I find alfoil forms to the shape of my head better than mylar too. :hide:

U

unthing

It's a conspiracy! Those tinfoil hats actually amplify that stuff. Lead helmet would be better.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Ya bunch of comedians! :biggrin:

Lights on and not much change. No new seedlings up yet. (they are crap seeds but they come from another grower at least, lol). Ahhhh not looking good. :smoke:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
:watchplant: Well that was uneventful. :whistling:

Only one of the new batch sprouted and it too was mongy. Yes, one. I've kept it in my PC with another seedling.

As to the three exodus under CCFL, only the one sprouted any real leaves and even that's debatable.

picture.php

The red CCFL plant is on the left as usual. No serious difference in stretchiness but I guess they can only grow so tall with no growing tip.

So as of now, that one seedling is in my pc under cfl, and the red/white cab tests are abandoned until I can produce some clones for proper testing purposes.

:yikes:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Yeah man, ^those ones all flaked out. I realise now that the massive gnat infestation wasn't helping. Anyways, I have a whole bunch of clones cut 5 days ago and more on the way so I can go nuts with this very soon. The gnats are gone now. :)

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Gnats are some shit! Root aphids were easy peasy in comparison. Everyone makes out it's the other way round, lol. Anyways I found out h2o2 wipes the gnats out great.

Get ready to rock, b00m :) Oh wait, you are!

:tiphat:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Well it turns out I have some seedlings I can't grow so I put one in a suitable pot and threw it in the cab for the heck of it. Then a ballast blew, so they're running on one at the moment.

DSCF4370.JPG

I tipped it at 3 nodes. We'll see what happens. It's in pure coco with hydro nutes and I'll veg it to start with. I'm not even sure if it's female yet. It's been in a jiffy peat pellet under T8s before this.

:wahey:

grow1620

sweet! what happened to your ballast when it blew? anything special?....hope it wasn't like that pic of the big melted mess of plastic that I saw a few months ago.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Yo Grow bro. Nah it was very boring. I had it running, came back 45 mins later or so, and that bulb wasn't working. Just stopped working, no flames :) I thought the bulb was blown until I thought about the inverters and that was the problem.

No real growth either but oh well! :biglaugh:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
yah toping plants is some thing I need to start doing to my plants so they don't get so dam tall.

low stress training works good but toping would work better to turn my plants into bushy plants.:)

and I be wanting to grow more indicas in the future.:)

ScrubNinja

Veteran
I use both together, lst and topping. A really high kelvin light helps too.

I forgot to show you guys this pic from a day or two ago. Like I said, I topped it, so the growth you see in the baby shoots is the growth from the CCFLs.

Yup, all 1.5mm of it :cry: It's hardly grown at all, lol. I'm keeping it running for now to observe further.