What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st time grow! LED + CFL

jjs

Aloha J,
Snorkeling was good as always.. there's a group of tidepools pretty close by that make for some excellent snorkeling.. beginner level up to advanced. I would definitely recommend you try out some of the spots close by! Gotta be some of the best in the world! I've moved the curling plant a bit and just gonna keep a close eye I guess, its getting the same treatment as the other 2 so I can't figure it out.. Are you just fishing off coast or boat? I moved here just over 3 months ago, I'm used to bass fishing in ponds/lakes.. but definitely looking to get into some fishing here if you have any advice on rod n' reel etc..

Hey Duh , I was just fishing off the bank and did so so , just a nice day to get out , yeah bass fishing is fun though i prefer saltwater fishing , my advice on rod and real is anything shimano , top gear and always relaible! catch you around dude!

D

DuhBlec

Hello All!
I had an unexpected week and didn't get to attend to the plants for about 4 days... Came back and they were nute burned and not looking so hot (1st noob mistake :mad:) So they are now in recovery, I thought I'd post some more pics.. I'll be using 1/4 strength nutes in the future. I also removed the CFL's just to see how the LED's would do by themselves. I'm STILL waiting on the mylar. As you can see in one of the photos I've painted the top portion white, I plan on covering those plywood panels with the mylar..

-peaceasy!

Duhblec :canabis:

jjs

Hey Duh

Hows it going mate? argh feel your pain about your plants dude , but some TLC and they will be right as rain. Do you hand water? cheers jj's

D

DuhBlec

Yo JJ, its goin pretty good! I do hand water, and check them daily.. Finally got that mylar in so have pretty much finished my "shed". The bigger plants are still looking so-so but are still growing quite a bit so just waiting it out I guess.. I'm thinking I may need to move more air through there? Anyway here's a before and after pic and a few others.

:wahey:

D

DuhBlec

yo yo!! another update, I transplanted into 1 gallon containers and have 2 gallons ready if I need em. They seem to be definitely getting better after the nute issues.. I also installed an exhaust fan and put a tower fan for intake. Here's a few pics and I'll post again in a few days! peace everyone! :joint:

D

DuhBlec

Update time! Everything is going ok. The bigger plants still kinda look funky, but still getting some rhyme to my rhythm. Babies are looking very good, no stretching at all! I planted the jiffy pots into 2 gallon pots and used Fox Farm Ocean Forrest this time.. this was a couple days ago and they seem to be liking it already. Here's a few pics, smokeasy!

jjs

G'day Duh that's a pretty cool setup you have there my friend , Just curious as im a first time grower , but why have you got two plants in the same pot is this for space? , I know under my ufo im trying to maximise space , here are some pics of the "children" .

:gday:

Attachments

• photo 14.jpg
    photo 14.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 8
  • photo 15.jpg
    photo 15.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 10
  • photo 16.jpg
    photo 16.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 13
D

DuhBlec

Nice JJ!! Thanks for putting up some pics.. Seems like your plants are liking the setup! You know what strain those are? How long have you had these going? Anyway as far as the 2 plants in one pot.. there's only 1 plant per pot in all of these.. if you're referring to the bigger plants they have been trained and have new shoots coming off on several locations. Good lookin' out mate! Feel free to post your updates here dude!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
heres what i got with my 2 ufos and cfls
pics taken before chop

i average 1.5-3oz per plant much closer to 3 now that im on my 3rd run and its always sticky icky dank lst is a must to get the most out of these lights. these lights are good but i wouldnt say great i would be doin way better numbers with a 600w im nowhere near 1g per wat but get very nice danknugs im at .5 per and am satified cause it saves in other areas as well although i will be goin back the 600w in oct when it gets cold to increase my yield but these lights are def worth the $ in my experiance and they def kick some ass in veg flower the cfls /lst make all the difference
gotta love the purple glow looks alien

jjs

Nice JJ!! Thanks for putting up some pics.. Seems like your plants are liking the setup! You know what strain those are? How long have you had these going? Anyway as far as the 2 plants in one pot.. there's only 1 plant per pot in all of these.. if you're referring to the bigger plants they have been trained and have new shoots coming off on several locations. Good lookin' out mate! Feel free to post your updates here dude!

G day Duh the strains im growing at the moment are bubblicous , from seed it's been 6 weeks , this time around it's been a bit quicker.

What kind of strains did you say you were growing champ? Im deciding whether or not just to use my ufo for veg and unleash my 400w hps for the flower , my thing main two issue with that is heat and noise , as I have the grow cab in my room.

Keep up the awesome grow dude!

:gday:

D

DuhBlec

@ Stoney damn dude! Looks nice n' sticky! Thanks for posting the pics, I haven't seen too many completed UFO runs.. Any tips or tricks you learned using these?

@jjs mmmm bubblicous.. lookin good dude! I'm not totally sure on the strain of these.. just doing bagseed for this 1st run, lookin' like I have 3 sativa's and 4 indica's.. but I'm definitely no expert.. yet! :) You'd definitely get better yields with the HPS but I feel ya on the heat issue. I'm looking into adding a T5 fixture along the backside of the room, 54 watts at 3000k spectrum x 2, 10,000 lumens total.. just to supplement during flowering. I've also got at least 6 2700k spectrum CFL bulbs that I'll place around once I'm into flowering. I've been going LED only for a while and plants do just as good without the CFL's in veg. Probably gonna start 12/12 in 10 days or so..

Here's some pics of the 7 plants. I've had some issues with the older plants, especially the last one.. I think its from over-feeding so if anybody else has any ideas please feel free to chime in!! ~smokeasy~

D

DuhBlec

YO! Hope everyone's doing well! Just a few pics.. I'm also using an actual camera instead of my iphone so hopefully the pics are better! Going 12/12 in 6 days!! woot! I ordered some satellite dealios for my UFO's from hidhut http://www.hidhut.com/catalog/satel....html?osCsid=d22fcc29eb988c4d70bfbf269bd78584.. they have 8 light sockets each so I plan on putting in 16 CFL's during flowering. Should I use a mixture of 2700k and 6500k? or ALL 2700k? Or something like 10 and 6 etc.. Plan on using 23 watt bulbs so 368 total watts, ~22,080-25,600 lumens.. any advice is appreciated!

jjs

YO! Hope everyone's doing well! Just a few pics.. I'm also using an actual camera instead of my iphone so hopefully the pics are better! Going 12/12 in 6 days!! woot! I ordered some satellite dealios for my UFO's from hidhut http://www.hidhut.com/catalog/satel....html?osCsid=d22fcc29eb988c4d70bfbf269bd78584.. they have 8 light sockets each so I plan on putting in 16 CFL's during flowering. Should I use a mixture of 2700k and 6500k? or ALL 2700k? Or something like 10 and 6 etc.. Plan on using 23 watt bulbs so 368 total watts, ~22,080-25,600 lumens.. any advice is appreciated!

G'day duh how goes it? wow your plants are looking good you must be pretty excited to be going 12/12 ,that satellite is a awesome idea , it's great how it clips onto the ufo light , pretty sweet how you can use cfl's or led bulbs on it , Im playing the waiting game ive switched to 12/12 just waiting to see if the three plants have turn out to be female this time around.

As i mentioned before I have a 400 watt hps but im convinced i will get major heat issues , but willing to give it a shot , if not im going to look into these http://www.aussieponics.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=378

Catch you round dude! :gday:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
whats up duh im on my 5th or 6th run with these and i definatley came along way and have a few tips for ya that work great for me with these lights im gonna have my best harvest yet any day now cant wait to see what this lady weighs out to . topping fimming is a must the more tops u can get the better if i were you i would fimmed those ladies and veg em for a few mor weeks.and prunning is very helpful to these light dont penitrate far so cut the undergrowth out completely 2 weeks into flower. then lst the shit out of em and once you see the budz forming i add the cfls and place them exactly where i want under the canopy around the plant i mix up the spec with 2700 and 6500s i was thinking about getting the sat system from hid hut but imo its not worth it it is better to add the cfls like i do cause i can place them in perfect places very close to the plant with the sat system they will be at least 3-6 in from the tops where they will not be very helpful cfls are most helpful when they are as close as possible anything further then 3in seems like a waste another thing i did was cut my plant count down i flower 1 plant per ufo and am doin better then when i flowered 3 this is not a 400w light i treated it like it was when i fisrt go it and my yield suffered heres some pics of what i got goin on atm im on day 62 flower and this is my best yielding plant so far

i fimmed her 3 weeks before flower she has 10 chunkytop colas that are 7-9in long and many other fat branchs shes about 3 ft tall and 2.5ft wide

heres the same strain untouched i did as a comparison it came out lovely but will yield half of what the fimmed plant is gonna

i would also consider getting some cuts or seeds and grow somthing proven if moneys an issue femaleseed northerlights was incredible under these lights and theyre only 26bucks its the easiest plant in the world to grow and the smoke was topnotch oldskool nl flavor and high i found a killer potent sour pine pheno in 4 beans

these pics may be helpful aswell

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
cfl placement
get em in close look at the ropes in the pic open the bitch up airflow is another key and it allows for max light use and give space for the cfls to get in there so tie your bitchs up

use reflectors on the side home depot clipworklights work great and theyre cheap as hell

and leave the lower stem bare

heres a shot of my lowest smallest branch 2 wks ago it almost trippled in size since then ill be postin harvest pics some time very soon when she comes down so others can see what they can expect from a ufo if done right
peace
stonE

D

DuhBlec

@jjs nice dude!! good luck.. I'll have my fingers crossed for ya. I'm definitely anxious to sex my plants as well ;)

@stoney Hell yeah!! Props, those look really nice. Definitely let me know how your yield turns out with your new methods. I've got 3 of mine LST'd so far. This being my 1st time I really have nothing to compare it to so thanks for posting pics dude! Great advice by the way.. what kind of humidity are you dealing with where you are? Mine stays between 55-75% most days and tops out at ~90% occasionally, will I need a dehumidifier during flowering? How's the potency of your smoke?? dankest of the dank??

goin' to s. a. b.

peace!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i have my enviorment as perfect as im gonn get here during the summer my temps max out at 82 and my humidity is a constant 35-40% i use the 4in heavyduty can fan with a can filter combo to extract air and controle smell and 1 8in fan up in one corner and a tower fan i picked up at home depot in another corner for circulation u will definately have to do somthin about the humidity i never had mold personaly but it can ruin crops and imo the only thing growin in 60-70%or more is gonna be mold and it will effect your yield drastically so go pick up the dehumid and the tower fani picked uo is another great buy it was like 25-30bucks takes up like 6in of space and moves lots and lots of air oscilates has a thermostat tempcontrole and many other cool options checkout at the hd website best circulation fan i found yet

ha i just looked at ur pics again and thinki see the fan im talkin bout inthe corner of the 1rst pic 2nd row
peace brotha glad to help

D

DuhBlec

Hey guys gonna post a few close-up shots.. I've read that sativa's can show sex at anytime no matter the light cycle so I dunno if anyone can tell if these are male or female yet.. Thanks everyone for the support and all the advice!

bong rippin' to the jam :rtfo:

peace!

-Duhblec

D

DuhBlec

Salutations~
Got some cfl's runnin' and am on day 4 of 12/12.. watching them closely!!!! :watchplant:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
that shit looks cool i took down my lady 3 days ago i got about 2 more days till final weigh in

Latest posts

Latest posts