What's new

1st time ebb and flow DIY with blueberry, blue cheese and hindu skunk

the ph is ok actually. the water here is nasty and tastes/smells like shit. not really good for anything. i had to drink some a lil while back because i got so high i was afraid to go down the stairs to my water cooler lol. it was horrible.

Lol :laughing: I think everyone on this forum would probably agree with me saying that that is how it is done. Go big or go home lol and if you cant walk down a set of stairs because you're to high then you definitely went big on that no questions asked. And as far as fungus are you talking about shothole fungus or leafspot?

Bodah

My first attempt at hydro was very similar to yours, flooding a table with wool slabs. It will work but really to get the maximum benefits hydro you are better off using a more porus and faster draining medium, the added oxygen to the root zone will be extremely beneficial to the health and vigour of your plants.
Rockwool, like other soiless mediums is prone to salt buildup when using minerally derived ferts, personally I'd suggest flushing them out regularly with plain ph'd aqua from the top of the slab, to rid them of any build up. I found that the flooding and draining does not sufficently leach the residual salts from the cubes and you will eventually notice it, I did ;)...

Cheers,
B~

Last edited:
B

BlueberryNutz

this is my first run with rockwool. its been cool so far. no real complaints as of yet.... turns out the leaf damage was from some tubing offgassing and killing my shit lol. god damn you home depot. i lost one plant(my biggest and nicest of course) the blue cheese and i had to chop it down three weeks premature :( i figured it out quickly enough to save the hindu skunk which was starting to get fucked up. the blueberry was mostly unphased by it.

i am now hand watering from the top nightly which is good because it helps wash the salts downward and out. i am coming up to finish pretty quick. i think about 2 weeks left. im gonna switch to metal halide for the last two weeks to see if it has any effect on potency like ive read.

on a side note, my new seeds came in finally. my dumbass put the wrong address twice lol but i still got em eventually. the are killing fields feminized from ******s seeds. heavy yielding sativa dom, high thc and pure purple. like barney the dinosaur purple. i got a green pheno last time and it was phenominal as well. came with some freebies called el monstre(jackberryxblue kronic) which should be mostly colorful as well. cant wait to start em just waiting on these to finish up and possibly move soon. dont wanna jump the gun

Attachments

• P3190300.JPG
    P3190300.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 7
  • P3190301.JPG
    P3190301.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 7
  • P3190302.JPG
    P3190302.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 6
  • P3190304.JPG
    P3190304.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 8
please for the love of god which tubing? I have 1/4" and 1/2" that came from them. I read about NGM's blue and black stuff offgassing but i didn't think this vinyl stuff would. Any info asap would be appreciated as i too have some spotting on the leaves that is starting to concern me.

B

BlueberryNutz

i dont know what brand mine was. it was in the plumbing area it was prepacked with a label on it. i was worried from the start because it said not for icemakers on the label. anything thats not safe enough for people probably isnt good for them either

B

BlueberryNutz

i switched back to metal halide for the rest of the last couple weeks. the BB looks damn near done at first glance, but there is not a single amber trich to be found. mostly clear and a few cloudy. i called the collective where i got it and they said it can easily go 9 weeks so two more to go :) i hope it starts packing on some weight here pretty soon. im still feeding full swing and now that the bad tubing is out everything has stopped yellowing. i cant wait to pop these killingfields and el monstre seeds. my tent will be filled with blue and purple buds smelling of berries and petrol. I LOVE IT!

B

BlueberryNutz

a few bud shots......hand watering is not nearly as cool as auto watering lol. especially when u forget to water them one night and they get top heavy and fall over :)

B

BlueberryNutz

forgot the pics

Attachments

• P3250312.JPG
    P3250312.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 6
  • P3250311.JPG
    P3250311.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 6
  • P3250310.JPG
    P3250310.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 6
  • P3250309.JPG
    P3250309.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 6
  • P3250308.JPG
    P3250308.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 10
  • P3250307.JPG
    P3250307.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 6
  • P3250313.JPG
    P3250313.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 7
B

BlueberryNutz

began flushing my hindu skunk. gonna let her go a few more days and then chop her ass down. im gonna let my blueberries go to 9 weeks and then flush for a few days and chop. the dude at PNC said they go 9-10 weeks so i figure 9 weeks with a 3 day flush. the blueberries are starting to frost up nicely and the fans are starting to turn purple a little bit.

The blue cheese that died from the off gassing 3 weeks premature is still surprisingly potent. its almost done curing and just starting to smell nice in the jars

B

BlueberryNutz

i checked the trichs yesterday and they are starting to amber so ive been flushing the last couple days pretty heavily. im gonna give em a couple more days of flush and chop. im gonna have to take the table out and do my trimming inside the hut with the filters on. im running two carbon filters and i can still catch whiffs once in a while. and no they arent old. one is brand new and the second smaller one is used but still works ok.