What's new

1st time coco question

Ez Rider

Veteran
I just scored 1/2 pallet of biobizz coco on the super cheap:biggrin:. I've never used coco before, but I do know to do a runoff test on anything I'm thinking of planting in. Saturating with ~0ppm RO water gives me an initial runoff of ~600ppm. Can I safely assume this is all Na and K, and that I want it OUT?

Running double the pots' volume of RO through gets me ~25ppm runoff on my tester pot. If I flush all my pots this way at the start, should I be safe to proceed with regular feedings plus ca/mg from there? If not, what?

Granger2

Veteran
I'm not sure what you're flushing out, but yes, do your flush, and charge it yourself with 1/3 to 1/2 strength transition nute with a full dose of Ca, Mg, and trace mins. Try to get a CalMag without N, like Gen Org CalMag. I use EJ Microblast all thru till pre-harvest flush at 5 ml/gal, and I don't worry much about K, but I don't go overboard with it either. Once you get the Ca, Mg, trace min bank sated in the coco, you don't have to worry much about the K/Ca/Mg/trace thing. Good luck. -granger
Yellowing-
Nitrogen...bottom of the plant....
Iron....top of the plant....
Magnesium....middle of the plant.....-Burnt Rope