What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st run Organic BS

0verkil13r

Clone progression

Clone progression

These are close up shots of a single plant over 9 days.

A1 on 8-22

5 days later her leaves have yellowed & shriveled up

Today (8-31) she has dropped most of the affected leaves.

You can see a bit of the claw effect as it has rained quite a bit. As well, I have been watering in nutrients and using a systemic supplement (aspirin).

I thought there was a nitrogen, calcium, magnesium & molybdenum deficiency. So, I top dressed with EWC & bone meal, and watered in epsom salts. Wasn't positive about the molybdenum def so, I didn't add it. I do have MG all purpose 12-4-8 (which is supposed to contain Mo) but, did not want to add it as I am trying to stay organic with this grow.

Apparently, Azomite has Mo in it. I have added it to my teas in the past but, am not sure if it works well that way. Maybe, I'll top dress it during the next feeding.

If you can see something (perhaps I may have missed) by all means point it out so I can work on fixing it.

0verkil13r

Also, WTF is this!?

Looks like a web of some sort. Webworm? Spider? I did see a jumping spider (Phidippus audax) in this plant last week. Wasn't thinking it is a fungus... not sure. Had to run so I couldn't investigate.

Any ideas?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
in the first 3 pics of the same plant it looks like nitrogen calcium and mag def at first...leaves falling off etc, classic nitrogen and mag def. that last picture looks like your pH is off, i see nute burn and too many deficiencies for it to just be hungry. i dunno how or if you can even check the pH on that one. if its not the pH it needs food.

as for the spiderweb, is that bud purple? it might be a spider web, or it might be mold borytritis i think its called. bud rot. dig your fingers in there and pull it out, if its dry its a spider web, if its moist and your bud is mushy its bud rot, cut off that bud ASAP, you might wanna pluck out all those yellow leaves that are in the buds too. those will mold.

picture.php

can you take closeups of the plants circled in pink, whole plant. the circled green ones need to be fed more nitrogen, and most likely mag and calcium. in the first weeks of flower plants use a lot of these, mostly mag. the big ones i marked with pink and green look far enough in flower where you can let em yellow and they will be fine. where do you live? its september here and there's roughly 1 month, maybe 6 weeks left before you need to chop. i've never grown outdoor so i don't know about whether or not you should feed em again, but indoors i would feed em a light amount of nitrogen since there's 6 weeks left and i don't wanna harvest green plants.

can you take some closer shots of the buig ones too, i mostly just wanna see the lower part of the plant and the leaves.

shit it didn't save my changes, i meant to circle the other 2 medium sized plants in green too.

Last edited:

0verkil13r

You think they may be locked out? Possibly... I think I did not add enough dolomite lime in my mix on the 200 gal pots. No meter on hand (since I'm organic) but, I just did a litmus test that turned up 7.2-7.8pH on my tap. Total hardness @ 250 ppm.

Provided the roots have not grown into the ground, I will test the run off tomorrow.

I don't mind feeding them again. Where I am at, it is not getting cold anytime soon. The larger plants are roughly 4 weeks into flower. Didn't plan on harvesting them until late October.

Back in a few with pics... Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

0verkil13r

Here is the largest plant (B)

Sorry for the sideways pic. My computer won't let me edit it.

This is the 2nd largest (G)

These are clones of the 1st plant:

B1

B3

B4

The next pics are clones taken from the plant with mold (A)

A1

A3

A4

As for their mother plant... I have chopped away some softball sized buds. Sadly, she's been affected by bud rot. I'll show pics tomorrow.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i dunno, but that's gross, i remember i found a buncha bug eggs looking similar on a shirt i was gonna put on, i didn't know what they were and rubbed at em, they all came rolling off... gross. i dunno what it was, but i would cut that leaf and throw it into a far part of the woods to be on the safe side... grossing me out just thinking about it. ugh i hate bugs... pest variety really, those other bugs with a purpose are cool.

0verkil13r

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Back with a little news. ....Sorry for leaving y'all hang.

I had to chop the plant labeled "A" early due to mold and bugs. The bot monster took its toll on this plant (+50% loss). Rather than lose the whole thing I harvested what was salvageable. I left the lower branches as they seemed to be mostly unaffected. That was about 3 weeks ago (5% clear & 5% amber). Today what's left show about 90% cloudy & <10% amber and the buds are getting darker. I'll take the rest soon. Sad that I will see a meager amount of cured bud from this. Happy that it is better than what I had before this experience.

Her clones had to mostly come down too. Caterpillars mainly but, it was almost their time. I was a lot happier with the way they budded up compared to their mother plant. I took some a few weeks ago, and then more the other day. So, there is some curing, more drying and a bit still growing. I like variety and want to test the high v stone effect with different strains.

Anyway, on to the good stuff. You know I had to sample the goods... right? After a quick dry, I twisted 1 and continued my...ehem.... research. The 1st draw of the zigzag revealed a light taste of vegetation with a hint of sweetness followed by a thin white stream of smoke that was surprisingly not that harsh. On the 3rd inhalation it started coming on. This was a very heady high. I puffed to about midway to see if there were other characteristics to my liking. After outing it I felt my pulse rise... I was active, alert and after 10 minutes, very paranoid. Yup, I got paranoia weed. Suddenly, I'm worried about security issues and looking for the source of every noise. This is very out of character for me so, I gave it some time to cure. 2 weeks later = same effect better taste and texture. I continue my research as time progresses. Thinking this may be 2mos+ to taste and smell like weed.

The others are still up and may have 2-3 weeks to go. I am worried about a couple that had middle branches die. I did just figure out the molasses I had been using as my calcium supplement, has none. After replacing it with Wholesome Sweeteners and a light feeding they seem to have greened up a bit. I do not want to feed them again being so close to the end... fingers crossed they make it.

Gotta get a new bowl for untainted future sampling. A vape and budder are in the cards as well. Pics will be coming.

Sorry if this isn't comprehensible, I'm high. :kos:
[/FONT]

0verkil13r

Eh... its no big deal. I never expected a perfect end result my first time.

I'm hoping those trees finish up nicely. Here's what's left.

B up close

Hope she hangs in there.

One of her clones

This is plant G.

I wasn't too concerned when some lower branches started browning. When I saw random upper/middle branches being affected I figured there's a problem. Anyone know what this could be? Maybe the soil under the fabric pots is too acidic causing partial lockout?

Fingers crossed for a few 'bows. Thanks bonghits.

0verkil13r

Hey all! Been away a lot. So not much time for updates.

The girls are still going. Hoping for not too much longer. I'm ready to chop. However, these girls aint quite ready.

This one's days are numbered.

I will try an update in the next few days. Be easy.

arizona_bay

been away for a while but thought id pop back.hay a comment you made earlier about your weed being paranoia weed.you probably just cut it a bit early. check out cbd and how it interacts with thc.cbd comes out later in flowering so if you cut your plants later you will get the less rushy parnoia high.

"The really interesting thing about this is that CBD, which has never (before the recent Home Office study) been routinely monitored turns out to be playing a significant role. Indeed, it’s almost the polar opposite of THC in its effects in some respects. If THC is linked to psychotic type episodes, CBD has anti psychotic properties. If THC is thought to cause panic attacks, CBD calms those impulses. Put in terms the Daily Mail could understand, if THC is “bad”, CBD is “good”.

keep up the good work friend.

0verkil13r

did you figure out what kinda bugs those things were

Do you mean the ones from this?

No positive ID on them... I had to leave town for a few days when this pic was taken. So, I just incinerated them as a precaution. Next time I'll jar them & watch 'em hatch.

0verkil13r

been away for a while but thought id pop back.hay a comment you made earlier about your weed being paranoia weed.you probably just cut it a bit early. check out cbd and how it interacts with thc.cbd comes out later in flowering so if you cut your plants later you will get the less rushy parnoia high.

"The really interesting thing about this is that CBD, which has never (before the recent Home Office study) been routinely monitored turns out to be playing a significant role. Indeed, it’s almost the polar opposite of THC in its effects in some respects. If THC is linked to psychotic type episodes, CBD has anti psychotic properties. If THC is thought to cause panic attacks, CBD calms those impulses. Put in terms the Daily Mail could understand, if THC is “bad”, CBD is “good”.

keep up the good work friend.

Hey buddy, welcome back! I see that you cracked 50... congrats!

I thought I read something about CBD & CBNs back in the OG days but can't remember. Thanks for that piece of information. I love understanding the way things work. K+

I wish I coulda let her finish but, mold was going to take her out... so, I got her first.

How was your harvest?

0verkil13r

Sorry, I've been so long between updates. Life hasn't afforded a lot of net time.

These plants won't pack on weight and random branches are going necrotic. They should have finished by now (15 weeks or so) but, I was hoping to get the buds to dense up. I think I've figured out part of the problem.

This pic was taken 11-1 @ 12:30

And this one on 11-4 @ 3

They are in the shade most of the day. I'm guessing for the past couple months judging by the shade pattern. Next year I will choose better placement. And I thought I was being slick by hiding them in the treeline.

Guess I'll make budder/oil and a shit ton of hash. Can somebody point me to their favorite hash making method? Hopefully something cheap cause there will be a lot.

I will be back with more in a day or 2.

Thanks for reading.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
they are going necrotic because your roots are dying or dead. i would chop them if i were you. 16 weeks should be enough for most but the sativest of sativa's.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wish i could offer some assistance but am kinda stumped unless you have some bugs in your roots

dont think light intensity should be that bad just make for less growth

maybe neem seed meal would help? DE/silicon too if it's bug-related; lavender FPE is good for bugs eating the leaves (foliar spray) use it weak cause it's pretty strong stuff BUT i dont see where you have that kind of issue specifically

was just discussing w/ a guy who was really opposed to ISO or BHO extraction - total bubble hash advocate. saw a thread today where someone is using gravity/ forzen fresh canna in ice water stir, sit, strain then let settle and siphon out the water until you can let the remnant dry on some cardboard

i never tried any of that but thought that sounded like a nice no cost method

Latest posts

Latest posts