What's new

1st Official Grow - 1000w MH/HPS & UVB - SS White Russian & Kali Mist

KaliRush

One plant down, 3 to go. This has to be the most painstaking part of the growing process. Some of the buds are only half assed trimmed because I am unexpectedly leaving so I'll finish it up tomorrow.

KaliRush

Day 65

Kali's are coming along nicely. Had some personal issues which made me neglect them a little but they are hanging in there.

Not sure what this low yield is all about as they have a lot more than I thought I would get. To get a size comparison, that's a Can50 on the ground next to them

KaliRush

Had some extra time today so I snapped some better shots of the Kali's. Burned them a little with their last watering so I'm gonna hold off on the nutes for a couple waterings at least.

One of the WR's was dried enough to cut up and start curing. I was never really concerned with weight but I'm getting curious as to what the final dry weight will be. Also considering I've never seen more than 1/4lb before, I really don't know how much I have. The last pic is all of it but it's stacked on top of each other so it's hard to get a good idea how much is there. As you can tell, the bud on the outside is drier than the inner buds.

KaliRush

Day 70 (these were taken yesterday afternoon)

Going good so far. Still trying to determine whether that's nute burn or some sort of deficiency. Any comments?

The differences in the three are interesting.

One which happens to be the largest and was going to be my mother anyways, got even better as it has the highest calyx to leaf ratio.

Then you have one that is shorter and has a little more leaves but still just as dense as the mother.

Finally you have one that has a low calyx to leaf ratio and is also very airy yet just as tall as the eventual mother.

They all smell the same though

Editing pics in photoshop is a bad idea while high. So apologies if some are a little umm played with lol

KaliRush

Day 78

Trichomes are starting to become more prominent and buds are just thickening up nicely.

A lot of the leaves on two of them are curling down and folding in like they are hungry but the water in still semi moist a couple inches down. I know the nitrogen levels decrease towards the end but is this normal? I'm not talking about the airy one that has the pistils sticking straight out. I'm talking about the one in the first couple pics.

I also took a pic of the White Russian that is revegging. If you look closely at the leaves, I am getting rust looking spots to which I'm not sure if it's a mag deficiency maybe?

KaliRush

Well somehow in the span of two days, I went from this

To this....Also I added a pic of the WR as you can see the revegging starting:woohoo:

Attachments

• 071609.jpg
    071609.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 071609a.jpg
    071609a.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 17

KaliRush

Day 84 and I think they are getting close but I'll have to examine the trichs to verify.

My eventual mother had me scared for a few days. In the span of 3 days it went from nice and green to almost all the leaves turning brown like it was time to chop. I had not deprived it of nutes with the exception of the water only feedings that I give between nute feedings.

That has since stopped and I'm left with less than half the leaves left. Maybe it's just that time.

Trichomes are really packing on size and muds are hard has rocks with the exception of the real airy one. I tried some today and I now see the difference between an indica and sativa. I'm sitting here blasting music and jamming out instead of sitting here stuck to the chair. Pretty sweet

Also my WR mother is revegging nicely

KaliRush

Day 90

Unless they hurry up and mature, I'm thinking they're gonna need another week at least.

From the little buds I've taken to inspect then dried and smoked, I now can appreciate the difference between a true sativa and a indica/sativa cross. After smoking, my wife washed the dishes and I cleaned the house in record fashion. I don't enjoy it as much at night as I noticed I can't concentrate on the TV as my mind is racing too much. I had to constantly refocus on the TV as I kept getting lost in thought lol.

My little WR mother is revegging nicely. I don't know how much longer it'll take to where I can take clippings. I'm think another 4 weeks or so.

I truly cannot wait until these are matured, dried and cured properly. It's exactly the high that I have been looking for.

Stevius

:woohoo::yoinks::woohoo:

WOW! Congrats mate! Really good pics!

Give us smoke report when you will be done with curing

Once again, impressed and congratulations! Really good lookin ladies!

:respect::jump::friends:

Dude great thread . Just watching ur grow makes me wanna put my kali mist beans right into water, cause i want those huge sativa buds as well.

Great Job I second that smoke report.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran

NEVER EVER WATER WHEN THE SOIL IS WET.
Especially with nutes man that's gonna just sit there...Over watering will cause you to get multiple lockouts for no reason and you will end up chasing your tail the entire grow trying to figure out the chaotic myriad of atrocities inflicting your plants. In 3 gal containers with plants of that size you should only have to water every 3-4 days. Your roots have to breath for day do the lift test. I use 2 1/2-3 cups every watering last me 3-4 days easy.

Your girls look like they need some cal mag (tsp per gallon whole flowering time in FFOF). I see you are using all fox farm but no cal mag which you must use with fox farm nutes and especially when using the soil.

Looks like a mag deficiency on that leaf and in my opinion you are giving them WAY too much beastie bloomz that shit is STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are using tiger bloom with it don't go over 1/4 tsp and use sparingly...

Reason: You don't want to give those girls that much Phos because the buds will turn spindly and ratty not to mention trimming will be a nightmare. Less yield when you are trying to get more is a bummer.

If an expert is lurking correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I am dead on with this and if it were my plants I'd make these changes. You should ask in infirmary just to double check, but I started out with exactly what your using and have since corrected my problems.

You are doing a fantastic job for your first time. I used all the nutes and soil mix you used when I first started so I will hang around and try to help you GL and I got some WR's at day 44 now should be fun seeing what we get.

I myself ran into the same issues using Fox Farm soil and food. I just starting using cal-mag plus....that shit works wonders. Thanks for sharing that tidbit of info with us....Keep It GreeN! :joint:

kali-Supreme job for your 1st get down! Good strains too. Keep It GreeN and enjoy your smoke!

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
I would use a regular metal halide for veg..at least a 400 watty. Run hps for flowering and you are all good

dagon420

I'm using the MH for supplemental UVB not as the principal light. I also have a 150W HPS. For two plants it should be fine.

KaliRush

Had some issues with my internet for a while so here's an update

Day 97 and I'm still seeing a few clear trichomes. I am starting to get a few amber trichomes but not enough to start worrying as I don't want many at all. I'm really getting an itchy trigger finger to chop but I really want to maximize the number of cloudy trichomes.

I did feed them only water the last watering and I may water them with a tad bit of nutes just to see if I can get any more thickening of the buds before harvest. I said one more week last week and here we are with more time to go. I don't mind though as I'm thinking since they are taking longer, it means they are all sativa phenos.

I don't have any variation as far as smell or taste when doing a quick dry. I did notice today that the more airy plant tended to increase my anxiety but I'll have to smoke it again and see if it's just not the type of day I'm having.

My WR in reveg is coming along very nicely. I'm thinking by the time the Kali's are done drying, It'll be time to start taking cuttings.

KaliRush

Day 104 Harvest Day

First pic is the plant that was very airy so even though the buds look larger, I'm betting it wouldn't weigh as much as the others.

Kaliharvest.gif

Second pic is the plant that wasn't the tallest but developed very thick colas but had more leaves than the next one

Kaliharvest2.gif

Third pic shows the tallest and it also had the highest calyx to leaf ratio. From the looks of it plus going by how much more dense these are compared to my White Russians, I'm confident that I will have yielded more off of the 3 Kali's than I did with the 4 White Russians.

Kaliharvest3.gif

Latest posts

Latest posts