What's new

1st Iso try.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Well this is the 1st time I have ever tried making this hash.

I started off with this. Its just a mix of leafs from nugs I buy, leafs from a male plant I chopped and stems from the nugs aswell.

I put it in a jar, with a 1/2 cup of 91% Iso, and shook hard for 20 seconds. I then put into the filter like this.

It filtered out to this neon green stuff, of course.

I cooked it off on the plate and boiling water. (Stilly slightly runny in the picture.)

I scrapped it into this.

I put it into my pipe, and did one 'heat hit' to warm it and it turned into this.

I think it just looks sooo pretty and it was a great experiment and I CANT wait to do it again.

As for the smoke report:
It wasnt super strong but, it did the job and did the job well. :bashhead:
Thanks for stoping by. :joint:

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Eh well, it was about 2 hrs ago now I smoked it. I know once it didnt bubble as much it had that standard hashy tasty. But, while it bubbled nicely I dont remember a certain taste.

C

cellardweller

outstanding job old boy! I'll be runnin some soon enough! some greendot for you as well.
edit:vBulletin Message
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

your next bro.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Awesome, I cant wait to see your iso.

How can you give too much rep, haha. I can give 2 people rep before it dont let me... Ive never got that message though.

C

cellardweller

It happens when you rep people all the time, you can only do it so many times in a 24 hr period. I might just make some tomorrow with a couple of buds I have.

I just wanna try a "dry run" so to speak so when I do all my trim I'll have 1/2 an idea anyway. :confused:

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
That looks like my 3rd washes being that green. You should use a metal strainer before going into the coffee filters. The ISO is sitting in the coffee filter still breaking down the plant matter. So you're actually washing for way more than 20 seconds. It took me a few efforts to get a better quality oil. Like anything practise makes perfect.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
You know what sirgrassalot, I was going to post in the other thread this question but, Ill ask here instead. I was going to say, would it be better to put it in the filter, then let it go for maybe 10 seconds then squeeze the rest of the alchol?
Thanks for stoping by and giving me advice.

C

Classyathome

Nice for 1st effort...

Try purer iso next time - 99% is doable.

Try a 15 second wash - no squeezing the filter (pushes plant material thru).

And let the gum sit for a couple o' days, to purge the last of the iso...

IMHO

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Prof Sublime said:
You know what sirgrassalot, I was going to post in the other thread this question but, Ill ask here instead. I was going to say, would it be better to put it in the filter, then let it go for maybe 10 seconds then squeeze the rest of the alchol?
Thanks for stoping by and giving me advice.

What I do is ajar the flat lid of the mason jar to capture the plant material from falling into the coffee filter(s). I have a few jars ready with filters as they fill up fast & take a while to drip completely. Than pour all of the same wash into one jar than do a second wash & third. That leaves me with 3 separate washes to purge. A small strainer is on my list of must haves. I wouldn't squeeze it as mentioned.

I'll use 250ml of ISO per wash in a 1400ml mason jar loosely filled around 1200ml with shake & popcorn.

Last edited:

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Thanks for support Classyathome I am going to try and profect my technique and see what I can do. I have a big bag of leaves laying around that I can use. It might not make good hash but, its for learning.

Sirgrassalot Thanks for sharing your way of doing it. Ill try it one time and see what I get, got any pics of how u ajar the lid? Also have you ever tried the straight wash, where you just pour say 250ml over the material w/o and shaking? Ive seen people do it on here.

Thanks yall

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Here you go. I'd be pouring out the wash into a coffee filter not allowing plant material to fall in. My first wash is around 15 seconds allowing for pouring time.

Last edited:

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Oh I see perfectly how you do it now. That looks like a great idea thanks alot for the picture.

Cheers :joint:

Figure Id throw this in here. YUM

Ak-47

C

cellardweller

Thanks for the tips busdriver! I think Lune & I will give it a go today.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Well make sure to post up what happens. I might buy an 1/8 in a few weeks just to try it out on some buds, after I see what yours comes out to be.

Peace

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Here is my 2nd wash, after sitting out over night to dry.

It wasnt as good as the other stuff, It still gave me 2 solid hits that got me stoned. :joint:
I just rewashed the same shit as the 1st batch.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
That shit looks nice. Next time I make some, Ill have to let it sit for along time. Ill be making some this weekend Im sure.

Smoke on :joint:

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Prof Sublime said:
That shit looks nice. Next time I make some, Ill have to let it sit for along time. Ill be making some this weekend Im sure.

Smoke on :joint:
LoL it was sitting because I had another batch I was smoking.
I should have said storing it for a month sealed in a jar.
You don't need to let it sit except to purge.
I used no heat & poured the wash onto the glass dish/lid
around 9 hours earlier than the pics.

Last edited: