What's new

1st Indoor Grow White Widow

MAD DAWG

Soil : FFOF
Lights : 2 54w High Output 6400K T5
Started out with a 150w HPS - Switched to a 400w HPS with a GrowBright 55,000 lumen bulb as of 5/25/2010.
Nutrients: General Organics Bio Thrive Grow, Bio Thrive Bloom, Bio Bud, CaMg+, Blackstrap Molasses.

Germinated using paper towel method. Planted seedling in a solo cup. Used 24/0 light cycle.
Weeks 1 - 3 : Veg'ed under my T5 for around 3 weeks.
Weeks 4 - 5 : Transplanted into 5 gal pot beginning of week 4. Veg'ed under 150w HPS.
Weeks 6 - Present : Flipped to 12/12. Noticed pistils in week 6. Changed to 13/11 in week 3 of flower for 10 days due to a temporary work schedule change. In week 4 changed back to 12/12.

I think it is a little slow and behind schedule for being 5 weeks in to flower. It may be due to using only a 150w HPS, or maybe from switching to 13/11. Or a combination of the two.

Right now I am having a little bit of a deficiency problem I believe. Yellow tips which are now turned up at a sharp angle and drying out. Not curled. Almost like if you were to take the tip and fold it like a piece of paper. And some of the blades are showing some yellowing as well. It's worse on top. It started on top and has progressed it's way down. I do know it's not nute burn. I think it's either a cal, mag, or a K deficiency. Although I feed her 1 tbsp of molasses every other watering. I quit using cal mag + because of the molasses having cal, mag, iron, etc... in it. But maybe it needs some cal mag + so next watering I am going to use water/cal mag + instead of molasses. My run off after water/molasses has been around a 6.5 and water/nutes it's been around a 6.3. I ph my water/molasses but not my water/nutes.

Anyway that pretty much brings you up to date with the grow so far.

MAD DAWG

Well just got back from my local hydro store. Needed to get some GO camg +. They were out of it for the longest time. I have Botanicare calmag + but didn't want to use it as it's not organic. Fed with 10ml and skipped my molasses this time. I didn't know if I should or could mix it with molasses so I decided to just use it alone w/ water. I know I can use it with my other nutes but it wasn't time to feed. But I didn't want to wait neither. I need to try and get this problem fixed with the yellowing tips/blades. So I went ahead and gave her some now and will probably give her some more when I do my scheduled feeding. And then from that point I probably will continue to mix it in with my regular feeding schedule. That way I can get back to using just water/molasses in between feedings.

Guess time will tell if I am on the right track and if this will fix the problem.

picture.php

hey brotha! didn't even notice you had a diary going. But the problem looks to me like its a potassium deficiency....that's my best guess. Keep us updated with whats going on

-DrGreenThumb

MAD DAWG

Hey bro what's up? Thanks for stopping by. Good to hear from ya. Yeah man I was thinking it was a K deficiency too. Although I am not for sure. It will be feeding time probably Sunday so it will get some K then. I doubled the recommended application rate from 10ml to 20ml last feeding. Their chart says that they recommend doubling the application rates for heavy feeding plants. So I will be doing that again this Sunday and here on out. I'm hoping to get it figured out soon and that it don't get a lot worse. It sucks but at the same time, it's a good learning experience. Hard to learn anything if nothing goes wrong if that makes any sense.

Anyway take it easy bro.

Peace.

Here are a few pics I took today.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MAD DAWG

the thumbnails show up, but no big pic when you click on them.

Wow. I don't know what the prob is. The 4 thumbnail pics in my first post work when I click on them. They come up full size. And I can see the full size pics I posted in my 3rd post. I thought Dr Green Thumb for some reason was the only one who couldn't see those. Guess you can't see those either? I will try it again here.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 9

MAD DAWG

yes!...i can see the pics now...looooks nice

-DrGreenThumb

Hey Dr. Thanks man. Glad you can see now. Are you talking about the 4 thumbnails in my above post? Or can you see the big full size ones? Just curious.

Yeah man it's coming along. Still a little ways to go. But the buds are picking up and starting to pop now. I wish it was ready now man.

MAD DAWG

Got bored so I took a few pics. Let me know if you can't see them. I will re-post them. Been having a problem it seems with them being viewable. I have no idea why.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OMG I know its killing me too...especially since I sampled some from the lower popcorn buds I removed, taste was ok but I got an ear ringer and havent been stoned like that in a lonnnng time! I can only imagine how good it`ll be when its done and properly dried and cured.

Our patience will pay off, my friend!

MAD DAWG

OMG I know its killing me too...especially since I sampled some from the lower popcorn buds I removed, taste was ok but I got an ear ringer and havent been stoned like that in a lonnnng time! I can only imagine how good it`ll be when its done and properly dried and cured.

Our patience will pay off, my friend!

Oh man have I ever been resisting the urge to remove a little bit of the small popcorn buds down below. I know some of them aren't going to be worth much. I wanted to cut off a couple of the bottom stems that weren't producing much so it would concentrate on all the others. But I got talked out of it. I'm still very tempted to. The buds on them are pretty far behind most of the others.

MAD DAWG

Decided to take a few pics out from under the light. Did a feeding yesterday of 1.5ml Bio Bud/20ml Bloom/1tbsp molasses. Makes 2 feedings in a row. Think I may just stay with this schedule of feeding 2 out of every 3 times when I water.

Anyway that's about it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Getting close :D
They look very nicely crusted with trichomes, good job there!

MAD DAWG

Getting close :D
They look very nicely crusted with trichomes, good job there!

Yeah man it's getting there. Every day that goes by is another day closer.

It's pretty sticky too. I was hoping that more of the top would fill in but I don't know if it will. I have probably 4 or 5 weeks left. It is what it is I guess.

Thanks for stopping by and for the nice comment. I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Latest posts