What's new

1st Grow_10 Double Gum's_CFL's_450w_Rubbermaid

sman

Day 33

Day 33

-More LST'ing
-Will be cloning once the cloneX arrives from amazon
-It's snowing for some weird reason and the electricity might go out!!! That will SUCK

I wish that I could take better pictures that would give them justice
(pics taking right before a watering)

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0269.jpg

Chomp

Holy s man, those are some thick stems for the size of those plants....how long in veg?

:joint: Chomp

Tilt

Overwatered maybe.? they look a little droopy. New growth looks a little yellow (lack of sulfur?)

sman

Holy s man, those are some thick stems for the size of those plants....how long in veg?

:joint: Chomp

About 20 days of vegging. Been running the lights 24hr, then decided to switch to 19/5 for 4-5 days and got too cold a night so i switched back to 24hr until i can get a space heater.

thickest (main) stem is about double the size of an AA battery,
smallest (main) stem is about 1 AA battery, and that's the retard/runt

also, plants are starting to become bright green and leaves hinting some yellow so i upped the nutes this watering.

sman

Overwatered maybe.? they look a little droopy. New growth looks a little yellow (lack of sulfur?)

definitely not over water i made sure of that, it gets real dry in the pots before i water. dry about more then an inch down and the pots get real light. I pretty much JUST started nutes because i noticed yellowing, guessing the FFOF nutes have been used?
maybe it's time for bigger pot size?
new growth is yellowish so, if by next watering time it has not improved or has become worse I will mix one tablespoon of Epsom salts per gallon of water next watering for sulfur deficiency.

Sound good?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i would second the overwatering. i noticed it first on page 2 but decided to finish reading the rest before saying something. maybe you would have gotten it fixed. you say it gets cold at night, that and damp soil is why all your leaves are curled up and so thick like that. the roots are too cold and damp. you need to either get the roots warmer or water less. at this age those plants should be monster sized but they arent. my suggestion is dont water again untill the pots are completely dry like tumbleweed dry or get a heating pad in there under your pots.

sman

i would second the overwatering. i noticed it first on page 2 but decided to finish reading the rest before saying something. maybe you would have gotten it fixed. you say it gets cold at night, that and damp soil is why all your leaves are curled up and so thick like that. the roots are too cold and damp. you need to either get the roots warmer or water less. at this age those plants should be monster sized but they arent. my suggestion is dont water again untill the pots are completely dry like tumbleweed dry or get a heating pad in there under your pots.

it's usually been very dry like you say every time before i water, and it was only cold at night for 5 days. it stays between 75-83 now. but for those 5 days it dropped down around 62-65. but during that time is when it slowed down. now that i put it back on 24/0 and that it stays warm they been growin fast again but with yellowing.

Oh, and you mention how they should be much bigger by now... do you think they are that size because of the size of my pots?

-----

anyone think i possibly have too much light? someone else said i had way overkill on the light. leaves are yellowing more, and now i notice a few small spots (browinish/yellowy/white) on some leaves and also, i'm starting to notice small holes on the newest tops little new leaves as they form.

Tilt

post up your plants in the infirmary. There is something wrong with them. Someone with more experience will be able to diagnose them better. Stihg been around here for awhile too. Maybe the bottom of the pot is soggy not enoughg drainage maybe.....

Have you checked your run of pH? Check your starting pH while you are at it. I am guessing that something is off and you are locking things out.

Good luck!

sman

post up your plants in the infirmary. There is something wrong with them. Someone with more experience will be able to diagnose them better. Stihg been around here for awhile too. Maybe the bottom of the pot is soggy not enoughg drainage maybe.....

thanks tilt, i didnt even know about the infirmary! :comfort:

i made a thread there and put the link in this post here ---> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4141677#post4141677

So anyone wanting to help plz visit the infirmary link =)

and btw tilt, I'm pretty sure i have excellent drainage. i made sure of that and when i water i monitor how well it drains.

G

guest 77721

Hey Sman,

great job on the build. You're off to a good start.

You're plants are really overwatered. Thats why they are stunted with big fat droopy leaves and the huge stems.

The problem started when you transplanted twice into larger pots without getting them rootbound. They were overwatered when they were in the beer cups.

If you stick your finger in down to the second knuckle and feel any moisture at all then you can hold off for another day.

The reason the leaves are all bloated is that plant cells grow big and bloated but don't divide because they really aren't growing by normal cell division. The plant needs oxygen from the roots so it's deprived. Don't add nutes at this point.

If you wait for them to grow into the pot by holding off watering it might take a while to get normal growth going. I'd recommend repotting into a smaller pot with a small amount.

P

Purple Monster

yikes man, lay off the water!!

what all are you feeding them? they are seriously stressed.

the leaves feel dry/rough/crispy? looks like it.

what's with all the insane crazy training?

sman

Pic Update

Pic Update

well most people are sayin I'm over watering. So I'm gonna hold off on water for a lil bit. But like Red says, "put my finger in to 2nd knuckle and if it's damp hold off on watering to another day".

but i dig down deep and it's really dry, the pots weight are really light too. to me, they look like they are thirsty, like my tomato plants before a watering. after i water them (my tomatos) they perk up and look sexy.

but, im gunna hold off like recommended. after all, these are no tomato plants =)

large pic update today. I took pics of each kid and each kidss battle wounds.

and P.S., if it matter at, all the pics of leaf yellow and stuff are leaves that were pushed down under new stems and growth. probably not receiving light and touching the soil.

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

sman

Day 36

Day 36

^-CloneX came in today so I decided to make 2 cuttings of each plant for a total of 8 cuttings. This is done so I can flower the clones to determine sex.

Here you can see the temp/RH and cuttings

I also decided to turn off some of the lights and see if it helps any.

i'm going to spend $50 tomorrow on a small rubbermaid box to flower the cuttings/clones in.
also getting some heat pads

-the heat pad i got auto-shut-off after 60 mins, returning it for a better one-

sman

well i took them out of the pot to see how the moisture was on the bottom and it's pretty dry. all the roots were white, although in the pic they look a lil dirty but as you may know by now, my camera is crap lol.

i set out some water and plan to quench their thirst 1st thing in the morning.

i got everything needed for the other clone-to-flower rubbermaid just need to put it together.

Cs0W2.jpg

zeMTF.jpg

ZKlZW.jpg

G

Guest 142956

I havent posted much so have no rep to speak of but your plants are "freaked out" for some reason. I don't think it is overwatering but either a PH problem or alockout issue. Me I would flush and feed a complete fertylizer at half strength. And then do a ph test of the soil. I have seen this before and it might be a while before they recover fully. They seem well rooted if not rootbound, If I were to repot it would be into a larger container.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
if you crack open the middle im sure you will find its quite moist even though the outside of the rootball is dry. all the roots grew out around the outside and are still sucking water but much faster than the middle. i would crack the middle open its ok to tear some roots, in fact people say you should rip the outer roots some before you repot so they will grow new branching. but i would crack it open and shake the dirt off the outer roots before repotting. even in the same pot. you gotta break that middle up.

Chomp

To be honest they looked over-watered in the beginning and now they look under-watered to me in the most recent pics.

What is the pH of the water going in and what is the pH of the soil? Those are the 2 most important questions right now....If you have good pH then give them a drink now!!! If soil is allowed to get too dry the pH fluctuates enough to cause problems also.

Chomp :joint:

sman

I watered today with 24 hr aged tap water.

pH was as follows
DG1, 6.5 going in : 6.5 out (run-off)
DG2, 6.5 going in : 6.2 run-off
DG3, 6.5 going in : 6.2 run-off
DG4, 6.5 going in : 6.6 run-off

So I don't think pH is a problem.

got some major yellow toward the bottom of the plant slowly climbing up. I scared they are just dieing :(

DG1, 14 bud sites - LST only
DG2, 8 bud sites - Topped only
DG3, 8 bud sites - Topped only (DG3 is the runt/retard btw.. which also, looks the healthiest lol.)
DG4, 25 bud sites - LST and topped
-Took 2 cuttings from each plant.

the topped plants bud sites all look like the un-topped plants main cola. One looks like it has 8 main colas.

Hopefully, soon, I can figure out what I'm doing wrong to my plants so I can switch to 12/12. I worry.

Honestly, the cuttings I took look more healthy than the plants. They are sitting in my DIY clone device in less then 68*F water. I tried using a heating pad from waly mart but all of them have an auto shut off of about 60 mins. 1 hour of use before i have to manually re-set it. So I ordered a $30 heating mat for plants off amazon. Hopefully is will arive fast so i can gett the clones on the road to determine sex.

Also bought a small $35 ceramic heater with digi thermostat for lights off time, where it gets 66*F, but i fear of fire.

since i don't have a ppm meter or $180 to buy one, perhaps i should start watering with distilled water?
also buying some Epsom salts tomorrow to rule out a Mg def.

Latest posts

Latest posts