What's new

1st grow, PC case, general advice needed (possibly image heavy)

Schafer

So I took another spin to the hardware store and picked up some wirenuts. I think I will ditch the breadboard as per bonsai's suggestion. The wirenuts seem to work their magic just fine, although I am going to have to shorten the wires because it looks like an octupus :)

I have also taken DiscoBiscuit's advice to shorten the length of the power strip cord:

XNBDt.jpg

As I cut the cord I had an oh-my-god-what-have-I-just-done moment, I did it to the best of my ability (none), but it appears to work fine. I pray the electricity gods are merciful.

I put some zip ties around the CFLs and secured them as tight as they go into the strip. As for the strip itself, I'm still not sure how I'm going to go about securing that into the case wall without drilling holes into it.

These are the two 80mm fans I am using:

Brand: Delta
Model: AFB0812SH-F00
DC 12V 0.51A
Type: Case Fan
Fan Size: 80mm
RPM: 4000 RPM
Air Flow: 46.62 CFM
Noise Level: 40 dBA
Power Connector: 3-Pin, 11-Inch, 3-Wire
Color: Black
Dimensions: 80 x 80 x 25mm
Safety: CE, UL, CSA, VDE

And this is the 120mm fan I am using:

DC 12V 0.16A
44 cfm airflow
23.5dBA maximum noise level

I am having a bit of a dilemma regarding the placement of my fans in my setup. With a 5V adapter, the two 80mm fans work nicely but leave the 120mm sluggish. With a 9V adapter, the 120mm works great but the two 80mm fans sound like a jet engine. Should I go with passive intake and remove my intake fan and leave the two exhaust fans? Or leave the 120mm fan and take out the two 80mm fans?

Edit: Sorry, I neglected to mention in my post that I don't have the original case power supply, only the case.

Latest posts

Latest posts