What's new

1st Grow 250w HPS Super Silver Haze & Blue Mystic

shizbiz

First time grower here growing at a friends house got four plants going 2 super silver haze from green house seeds and 2 blue mystic from nirvana seeds both seeds are fem. the seedlings are a week old since they sprouted they are under a 18/6 light cycle they seem to be doing alright so far all sprouted pretty quickly the super silver haze seem to be a little behind the blue mystic.

the set up is as follows:

tent 60x60x140 (cm)
5litre pots in miracle grow organic soil
250w HPS lumatek digital ballast
7inch fan
4inch inline extraction fan
temps are around 22c lights off and 29c lights on

any advice or tips are welcome pics coming soon have to get the camera!

jerrygno1

Good luck on your first adventure. Think about putting the ssh to flower soon or you will run out of vertical space with them. Top them as well if you can and keep optimal conditions to limit stretch. Dont know about Blue Mystic, but if it is indica dominant you may think about separating into flower and veg chambers because they won't take as long to finish. Also, you'll want to veg the Blue Mystics out to get decent yield. Be patient with the ssh and let it fill in; as it is a long wait (12 weeks or so, as I haven't seen 10-11 weeks). Your patience will be greatly rewarded.

shizbiz

thanks for the input jerry i dont have much info on how to top the plants properly and separating the SSH is not an option, stealth issues! but if they are going to stretch then i think i will want to go with topping them and try to control them... any way lets see how it goes

shafty420

gd to see another uk grower (wilkos disinfectant bottle in background) as mentioned before wanna strt flowering soon ssh gets huge

shizbiz

thanks for the link gavin....lol at shafty.... yeh... wilko pine cleaner x]........well... i am planning about 2 - 2 1/2 month vedge and 2 month flower.... what do u say ?......also... i will be using advanced nutrients from "sensi grow a&b" at vedge...big bud 1st half of flowering... and overdrive in the 2nd

shizbiz

today i noticed...in the new 2nd node of growth of my plants...in atleast three of them..i see the new leaves turning yellow.........also...........i have been watering my plants. about a 100ml each every 22 - 24 hours...i need to kno if im doing anything wrong :/

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Don't have to water them every day you can go about 2 days between watering especially when they're little. The bigger they get the more you will have to water them but when they are small you actually want to underwater them a bit because you want them to build lots of roots to seek out the moisture in the soil. Also letting the soil dry allows air to go to the rootzone and roots love air!

shafty420

yeh you want to let them dry out before watering so absorb as much nutes as poss also sometimes good to alternate between plain water and nutes, as for two months veg time think you could have space issues id cut the veg time to maybe 3 weeks with 4 plants in there risk getting overcrowded because ssh is more sativa dom would have thougbht flowering be around 10 weeks

shizbiz

thanks noobian and shafty.........ok i will try to water less from now...ok if someone could help me out with the next few issues... id be very grateful :D...anywho...i had my light about 9-10 inches from the seedlings earlier but a couple of days ago they started getting yellow tips...so i raised the light to about 14-15 inches...is tht appropriate ? and for shafty... say i cut down veg time to 3, 3 1/2 weeks....in this case... shud i start feeding them with sensi grow A&B ?

shafty420

easiest way to tell lamp distance is put your hand where plant is if feels to hot then you need to move it up and vice versa dont wanna feed them yet wait until there first set of true leaves probably another 1-2 weeks until then maybe a rooting additive like biobizz rootjuics to speed thigns along the yellowing could poss be from the mg soil if its to hot

shizbiz

hmm.. i dont have biobizz and dont kno where to get me some....how can i fix the yellowing tho ?... any ideas ?....and yeah i think the mg soil gets hot... as after about a session of light....the soil feels.. prettttty dry...

shafty420

cant get biobizz any where ebay,growell loadsa places cant say to much regards yellowing got any pics? you know if the compost has nutes in it if does replace with something with no nutes in it

shizbiz

i will try to see what i can do with this... let me take some pictures of the yellow ting and upload them in a cupla hours...till then.....

Watch out for PH issues with that Miracle grow organic. Did you put any additives in it? I recently did a micro grow using that stuff, and all I added was 50% perlite, and I had really bad PH issues that completely shocked and stunted the plants in the first month, caused all sorts of weird twisty slow growth and discoloration.

Although, the tap water I was giving them turned out to be PH like 8.5 so that might have been it =p

I'm starting a new grow now using 2 parts Miracle Grow Organic mix, 1 part perlite, 1 part vermiculite, bone\bloodmeal as directed, and 1.5 tbsp of dolomite per gallon of that mix.

Anyway, I'll be watching this one =p

shizbiz

yeh... i think its the ph of the water aswell..im thinking of boiling the water.. as i read... somewhere it said that fixes the ph issue...and no im not adding anything to the mix.. it was just the miracle grow organic mix...

shizbiz

ok so now ive made a couple of changes...and they have posed to work.... i boiled the tap water before watering... let it cool and then watered the babys....i also coverred the surface of the soil under the plant because i think the outer crust gets dry very quickly.. the innner stays damp... i tried this on 2 plants and it has seemed to be alright so i will do it with the other two aswell..

shizbiz

after the 11th day.. i have also changed light cylce from 18-6 to 16-8...and will gradually pull out 2 hours every week till flowering time