What's new

1st attempt at micro-bare bulb-vert with 150w hps and 4 plants in soil

sfzoo

i'm pretty stoke about watching this unfold.

i'm goin to do something similar real soon, great show so far!

U

unthing

Baba ku, Incognegro, Noobian, OjoRojo420, sfzoo Thanks for the comments

A lil update pic, almost at week of 12/12. Midnight kush has started to produce flower clusters, bangis seem to be more the stretch mode yet, all do show pre-flowers, but they did that before the flip too. bangis doing some clawing, maybe it's the sidelight or my soil is bit hot for them, they seem to be ok and green thou. Gonna be easy on them with feeding for a while then. Haven't give anything yet..excpet some seaweed extract once.

Gonna raise the lamp a bit soon and do some minor trimming and maybe little stemcrushing so the tops won't be as lanky as they are now. Only one tip of single leaf has gone too close to lamp and got bit burnt, otherwise no stress of that kind.

Edit: searched for vert threads and some said that switching from flat to vert does this, so they're stressed, not that they look horrible or anything, just some lanky shoots. Mostly those that are furthest from the light, raised the lamp a bit.

picture.php

prowler

Do your thang unthing!

You're rocking it!!

BTW. It is common for vertical assemblies for leaves to droop a little. I guess they know that they don't have to be so perky to obitain maximum amount of light...just a thought.

U

unthing

prowler ,Suomi-Prkl, thanks guys, gotta spread more rep first..

Those lankier shoots got trained a bit todayday, lil stem crushing/supercropping was done, may end up lil weird lookin in the end, but doesn't matter.

Oh yea, not worried about leaves anymore. Always new things to learn.

U

unthing

another angle

another angle

Bangis are flowering too, hard to tell from the pic thou. Removed bunch of lowest branches, they might grow too big to support whole plant properly with one tiny bulb without some pruning. Raised the lamp just a bit, like one node in the chains.

picture.php

prowler

I was thinking the same as a matter of fact. I too have some curlers in my garden. RH maybe one factor? Heat?

U

unthing

Thanks, Suomi-Prkl and Prowler

Dunno, maybe that or the sidelight. Gonna be easy on feeding for a while thou. Heat isn't issue here, but the humidity might be a bit low, kinda hard mist them with bare bulb :D

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
gimme some of that low RH for me as i've got a little too much! :D

maybe an exhaust from your place to my intake?

U

unthing

Hi Incognegro, maybe 3 inches or so, at that distance my hand barely feels any warmth. The cab seems to be as cool as my floorlevel. Air gets exhanged at least couple times minute. If the curling is rh-issue, I hope that when they grow bit bigger their own exhaust will raise it. Then again the soil might be to hot for them, they're sativas and lil touchy, or it's the vertical lighting. Or all 3 combined, but gotta keep eye on them.

Last edited:

kikkoman66

Looking good unthing. I also switched to vertical a little while ago, and so far the results are quite impressive. What I can se the leaves tend to turn on "stranger" angles than running a flat setup. Keep up the good work....

Incognegro

The curling may be from Nutes... take a better pic of the curl... could be too much N....

I forgot you're only using a 150HPS..so heat isn't really a factor..lol, vs a 1000...