What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1K Watt Old Stock Grow / SSH / GLO F2 / Critical Mass / Afghan X NYCD

ShortStackz

Thanks for the update. Starting from seed is a pain.

Will you take clones from these to start your usual SOG?

Do you have any tips for taking a lot of clones and maintaining Mothers to sustain perpetual harvest?

Depending on how this run turns out I either might start doing more grows like this as it needs less attention to maintain or go back to sog if I can get my cloning skills up. I never been good at cloning, blame it on laziness. So can't offer too much on cloning. The best success I had with cloning were when they were cut bigger, 5-7 inches so I had to keep the mothers as big as possible. Mothers were atleast 2-3 ft tall, no bonsai mothers. I would also do root pruning from time to time, cutting off about 1-2 inches around the root ball.

It's glo not flo f2 only caught my attention as I just named a glue cross of mine .....glow

Bless

lol, for some reason I started to call it flo.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I'm envious of those 08 ssh seeds. Some of the best ssh plants I ever had were from a pack from 08, i've been thru a few pack since those and have found nothing even close.

I'd recommend f2'ing what ever you've got.

Aokiji

Depending on how this run turns out I either might start doing more grows like this as it needs less attention to maintain or go back to sog if I can get my cloning skills up. I never been good at cloning, blame it on laziness..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=10827

Clone in plain water. It always works, just takes some time.
Keep the water clones in low light. I use to tear my hair out trying to clone but not anymore.

You mentioned you buy clones, this way you won't have to do it as often. Hope that helps.:tiphat:

ShortStackz

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=10827

Clone in plain water. It always works, just takes some time.
Keep the water clones in low light. I use to tear my hair out trying to clone but not anymore.

You mentioned you buy clones, this way you won't have to do it as often. Hope that helps.:tiphat:

Ya I might give that a try so I wont have to re-veg & have some already going. Thanks for the link.

Updated comparison pic from 7 days ago & now

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

ShortStackz

Its been about a week since 12/12. Second pic was after they got a trim. There is a Min. 10 tops each plant, 60+ total so about the same as if a regular SOG plant count

picture.php

picture.php

ShortStackz

crappy pic but heres 2 weeks in, wish the plants would be more even but what more can I expect from 3 different strains.

picture.php

ShortStackz

3rd week update. Everything seems to be moving along fine. The SSH are as expected stretching more but not too crazy. Out of all of them the Glo smells really strong & looks to need a lil more nutes than the rest. Still need to get a fan to move some air around the room.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ShortStackz

Been lagging. The Glo & 2 ssh are flushing, 2 critical mass seem to be taking on a growth spurt & will be flushed in 1-2 weeks. The last SSH looks to be full on sativa & a 13+ weeker, not sure I am gonna let it go that long as I want to get ready for next run but will leave it for as long as possible. As far as yields, not one of my bigger yields but will be enough to keep me til next round. Plus a nice variety too.

Group
picture.php

Glo, turning a little purple
picture.php

One of the 2 more indica SSH
picture.php

1 of the Critical Mass
picture.php

ShortStackz

Whats the status Stackz?

I ended up chopping the glo and 2 ssh already. Forgot to take any pics but still got the critical mass and one ssh left. The Glo I really regret not trying to clone. That thing smells soo sweet & berryish, also turned pretty purple. Reminds me of GDP I did a SOG with but different smell & structure. Ill take some nug shots of that & the critical mass when I chop in a few days when I have time.

Latest posts

Latest posts