What's new

1k hps El Chapo run looking for a keeper

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Hi. Could you grow with led? The plants are lower. You could have vegetated with the led to have more space for stretching and then use hps in bloom.
You can use only led with scrog or lst.
But your garden is beautiful!!
Bye, bye
They just vegged to long. Led isn't worth the investment right now sense I already have 3 1kw and a 600w hps

cfl...KING

Veteran
These El Chapo from the plug seed bank have impressed me enough so far I just got my order for their baklava (gelato x wedding cake). Also got peyote Zkittles coming in for next run. I believe I'm going to be running some test seeds too. I started building my new flower room, lumber got so dam expensive. Hopping to have it finished mid August. So I can move these El Chapos into the new room an start vegging in this room. Turning it into a veg/mom room with a 600w mh.

cfl...KING

Veteran
Fell like I'm talking to myself 🥺 lol. Week 5 begins today woot woot, they get hit with pk 13/14 tomorrow. Here's one of the plants I had to pinch an almost broke the top off, had to use the aluminum tape to help it hold it's weight an not fall off. Making a spectacular recovery if I do say so mys

IMG_20220721_175529342.jpg

cfl...KING

Veteran
Day 32, these 2 are looking like the heavy yielders of the bunch. Also have my eyes on 3 others. Yeild may be less due to them being smaller but still filling out nice an super frosty! Gonna let them start to fill out before more pics⛽🥶
IMG_20220724_194057883_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20220724_194250068.jpg
IMG_20220724_201300501_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20220724_201338794~2.jpg

Last edited:

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
@cfl...KING

Plants look dialed in. Nice color to them.
If the amount of frost they have now is any indication, you should have something good to smoke in the weeks to come.

Nice grow...K+

peace joe

cfl...KING

Veteran
@cfl...KING

Plants look dialed in. Nice color to them.
If the amount of frost they have now is any indication, you should have something good to smoke in the weeks to come.

Nice grow...K+

peace joe
Thanks man, I got them dialed in right around flower. They are hungry girls I was afraid of burning them when they were smaller. The deep color an vigorous growth came when I went from 15ml to 25ml coco A&B

cfl...KING

Veteran
Morning of Day 37 last few plants will get their 2nd dose of pk 13/14 today. Then I will do a moderate flush with just a 1/2 strength A&B next watering, then back to normal flower nutes untill it's time for the final. Sorry for the poor quality, my camera wouldn't focus in the low light
IMG_20220729_173227163.jpg
IMG_20220729_173111262.jpg
IMG_20220729_173151826.jpg
IMG_20220729_173216700.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220729_173139660.jpg
    IMG_20220729_173139660.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 63

stiff

Veteran
Looking good, bro. nice thread!
I'm smoking El chapo atm and its very nice weed. Lots of resin and still a very smooth smoke with a lovely taste and nice high. But I only had one plant. I'm sure you'll have some variation in yours. They do look a lot like mine though. Enjoy the grow and the results.I really like it. I might post a pic later when I grab some for a mix if that's ok
Cheers,stiff

cfl...KING

Veteran
Looking good, bro. nice thread!
I'm smoking El chapo atm and its very nice weed. Lots of resin and still a very smooth smoke with a lovely taste and nice high. But I only had one plant. I'm sure you'll have some variation in yours. They do look a lot like mine though. Enjoy the grow and the results.I really like it. I might post a pic later when I grab some for a mix if that's ok
Cheers,stiff
Would love to see your finished buds! Post up some dry nug shots!!

Right now I have 4-5 definite keepers an another an my eyes on another 3. Those will all be ran again in bigger pots under a 1k(had to dim my 1k to 600 because of the stretch). While all the buds look similar, there's about 6 different smells between them all. From one that's sweet to a few pure Sour diesel, one smells like Sour candy almost like a sour patch kid where you make a face when you smell/taste it, then one that is burnt rubber mixed with Diesel. Overall that's almost a 50% keeper rate. I will only be keeping 2 max for mother's after then next run when I test out the clones from the 4-8 plants I have picked out so far. Definitely will need to plan out veg time better!

stiff

Veteran
Do any of yours look like they have some weight on the hips? Mine didn't carry much though. I guess I'd select for yield as yours all look quite frosty too. Or are there big differences in smells?
Screenshot_20220730-130031_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220730-130042_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220730-130210_Gallery.jpg

cfl...KING

Veteran
Do any of yours look like they have some weight on the hips? Mine didn't carry much though. I guess I'd select for yield as yours all look quite frosty too. Or are there big differences in smells?
View attachment 18738535 View attachment 18738536 View attachment 18738538
Those look beautiful, looks like you got the purple pheno which I heard is one of the good finds.

The ones I have picked out have some dense nugs. Also not optimal grow sense they stretched up to the light. I'll weight on "counting my chickens" untill the grow is finished. I will say for having the light turned down to 600w they look good so far. Definitely have 3 that stand out from the rest size wise, lucky 2 or the 3 are super frosty an smell like pure sour diesel. Post #24 the first 2 pics

cfl...KING

Veteran
Day 40, I don't know if it's the 2 doses of pk 13/14 they got or if it's just that time, buds are swelling and all are rock hard nugs(in a good way). I have 5 definite keepers now an 3 more potential keepers. Sorry for the lower quality pics, my hands are really shaky today
IMG_20220802_010705940_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220802_010729072.jpg
IMG_20220802_010742868.jpg

stiff

Veteran
Does the green pheno smell like the rest? Looks like it puts on more weight

cfl...KING

Veteran
Does the green pheno smell like the rest? Looks like it puts on more weight
They are all green. Being so close to the light it makes the leaves look light green but when the light is off they are all the same color. Zero purple just dark green leaves an light green bud

cfl...KING

Veteran
Weight is really building, gonna have to dig out the stakes tomorrow!!! They responded beautifully to 2 doses of pk 13/14 at 6-7ml per gallon. The pics don't do justice, I'm gonna have to bring a soda can down with me for comparison

cfl...KING

Veteran
Day 42 an dam do we have some leaners! Going to leave them in place an just brace up the ones on the outside for now. End of week 7 I will be doing a lot of defoliation to allow the lower buds to ripen at the same rate as the top. The say it's a 9-10 week strain, right now it's looking like most will be 9. Need to order a new scope, just going by the hairs right now. Good part is the 5 keepers are all looking like 9 week phenos. The other 3 I have my eye on could go either way right now. But overall they are all bulking nicely an super frosty. I'll get close up pics when I defoliate!
IMG_20220803_175526545_HDR.jpg

cfl...KING

Veteran
Day 48
Well I'll start with some exciting news, one of the plants has changed smells an is what I would say is almost a true og Kush, it's been one of my keepers all along but just recently the smell has purified into OG.
Screenshot_20220809-185251~2.png

Also I believe I have found my almost pure ECSD pheno, while it has been a stand out for some time it's smell is getting more an more diesel by the day!
Screenshot_20220809-184300~2.png
Screenshot_20220809-184319~2.png