What's new

19th day of 12/12 no buds on some

DoDad

Let's work on fixing that first.

I don't know what I can do that I'm not already doing. I only have one vent open for intake and everything else is sealed up. I did see a couple of pinhole light leaks but like I have said, I have some plants that are flowering their asses off so if light leaks were a real issue then all plants would still be in veg wouldn't they?

I don't think it's light leaks at this point. I think it's just bad genetics for an indoor grow. The bag seed is my problem here I think. That and clones that turned into hermies... maybe.

I just need good seeds from a good seed breeder and keep doing what I am doing. I can grow something other than beautiful stems and leaves because I have them in the tent.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I don't know what I can do that I'm not already doing.

Fix the leaks?

:dunno:

If you aren't convinced you aren't doing anything wrong I'm really at a loss of words.

Phytochrome is a light sensitive hormone that initiates flowering in cannabis.

And, no, not all plants react to photoperiod variation in the exact same way.

I believe you have a bit of learning ahead of you.

It's up to you how difficult those lessons are achieved.

Do with that information what you will.

Good luck.

DoDad

Fix the leaks?

:dunno:

If you aren't convinced you aren't doing anything wrong I'm really at a loss of words.

Phytochrome is a light sensitive hormone that initiates flowering in cannabis.

And, no, not all plants react to photoperiod variation in the exact same way.

I believe you have a bit of learning ahead of you.

It's up to you how difficult those lessons are achieved.

Do with that information what you will.

Good luck.

Sure. Fix the pinhole leak but if a pinhole sized anything is going to make or break my success, I 'll go buy weed.

I don't operate my life on such tight tolerances. I enjoy myself more than I work.

Everything is flowering except bag seeds. They may have needed more time to veg and just were not ready to flower, yet.

I have two types I'm thinking. A tall stretchy Sativa maybe and some crosses. Here are my bag seed plants as of yesterday.

Attachments

• sativaMaybe.jpg
    sativaMaybe.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 8
  • crosses.jpg
    crosses.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 10

DoDad

did you by change give these plants an extended dark period earlier in life?

Not that, but they went through every other conceivable mishap. I'm lucky they are alive at all.

I have autos and photoperiods in the same tent. I have been running 24/0, 20/4 and now 12/12.

Nothing flowered or showed sex or did anything except grow major leaves and stems until 12/12.

B

bLoWsMokE

They do take along time to flower, but they don't take over 30 days that's for sure.

Again, ESPECIALLY in sativa strains nutrient stress will prevent the plant from flowering.

It seems to me though that it's almost like a hybrid or somethign you might get if you plant a pepper seed from a pepper at the grocery market.

It COULD ALSO BE that it has ruderalis genetics in it that is preventing it from flowering whe nYOU want it to regardless of the photoperiod.... THAT is what seems to be happening.

A light leak won't prevent the thing from shooting pistols.... Shit I'm having problems right NOW with seedlings shooting pistols OUTSIDE in a 17+ hour day because they get too much shadein the morning.... but they are also getting more light than a pin hole light leak, so I can't imagine a small light leak will prevent you from even sexing the plant.

You might have a hemp plant there, or some sort of mix of some sort, I'd keep it, maybe put it outside somewhere if you can.... see what happens.

VERY interesting this.

And you're doing somethign wrong if it takes you 6 weeks to see the first pistol on a sativa plant.

What cannabis plant have you EVER HEARD OF that goes 21 weeks of flower? Unlss the plant isn't happy, or it's growing under CFL lights.

I can't make sense of it.

The only thing I want to save is 30 gallon trash bags full of buds.

Ok, that may be a bit much, I'll be happy to grow a zip on my first grow. Hell, I'm smoking males leaves and enjoying those. I'm a cheap date.

Male leaves = me too. Males get chopped and smoked as soon as they are identified. No exceptions. They represent a risk to the grow. Seeds are cheap.

Thanks for the humorous post, and I hope you get that all sorted out.

DoDad

I can't make sense of it.

If I had something to take their place I would give up on them but as I don't, I'll grow them until I do.

I would be concerned if none of my plants were flowering but that's not the case. Those that are not Mexican brick weed are flowering just fine.

I would also be concerned if my plants looked sickly or were not growing at all. My plants look healthy to my eye and are growing like weeds.

All plants are in Hempy buckets and I'm using the K.I.S.S. (Maxibloom) nute system. Both are pretty idiot proof and as we see Hempy / Kiss method can grow some healthy ass leafage.

These are older plants too. I don't have the exact date in front of me but they have been growing for 2 months, 3 maybe. 24/0 and 12/12 for 30 days. I defoliate the hell out of my plants trying to keep the bud sites open and when I do I grow some major stems, then a zillion leaves.

They are not root bound either. They are in 14" tree pots ( 12" of grow room). That's deeper than a 1 gallon pot and it's 75% perlite/25% vemiculite.

You mentioned CFL. Yes. These that are not flowering are under 2700k cfls. My plants that are flowering are under HPS. I have two types of lights in my tent.

It might be the CFL's, but they were vegged with 50/50 5000k and 2700K, then when I flipped, I made them all 2700k. It could be 2700K just isn't good enough for Regs?

I do know one thing. I spent $50 today on making a Ona bucket because my bedroom smells like pot, even with a fan and carbon filter. Something is going on in that tent.

Attachments

• z9.jpg
    z9.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 7

Granger2

Veteran
I've grown at least 60 fem seed without a hermi. Except for bag seed, store bought fems are not made from hermi pollen. They're made from reversed females.

If you won't fix your light leaks, I'm not sure what anybody can do to help you. Good luck. -granger

DoDad

Male leaves = me too. Males get chopped and smoked as soon as they are identified. No exceptions. They represent a risk to the grow. Seeds are cheap.

Thanks for the humorous post, and I hope you get that all sorted out.

If you are anything like me, I've saved every stem and all my roots, all my leaves, tops, fans from every plant I have killed, chopped and defoliated. I have saved every 1/10th of a gram of anything green I've grown.

If leaves were the goal, I would already be done with about 6 zips.

But seeing how I have these plants now anyway, I might as well grow out a few buds.

I vape everything, including male leaves. Vaping helps when the THC content is low I find, although I do have to raise the temp higher than if I'm vaping bud. I still have Bud from a previous buy and I could sample the nugs I have in the tent. Vaping also is the best way to receive the CBD. People often underestimate the medical merits of vaping. I saw drastic differences in my health when I changed from smoke to vaping and it only took a couple of days to start seeing a change. I'm an older guy too and vaping is the way. PM me if you want to know more or join us over at http://www.fuckcombustion.com

As I'm not out of weed, I'm just letting the buds in the tent grow, while I smoke the bud that I have, plus some leaves too.

Weed isn't a problem now. This stuff grows on trees.

DoDad

I've grown at least 60 fem seed without a hermi. Except for bag seed, store bought fems are not made from hermi pollen. They're made from reversed females.

If you won't fix your light leaks, I'm not sure what anybody can do to help you. Good luck. -granger

I blocked all the pinhole leaks today but I can't imagine there was that much light getting through those 3 or 4 tiny holes.

I agree, I need store bought fems and forget the bag seeds.

B

bLoWsMokE

it's not the kelvin... 2700 is fine... it's the fact that they are sativa, and being grown under CFL's.... you should expect things to take 2 to even 4 weeks longer than it would normally........

Rep for good advice? No? ok fine... xD

B

bLoWsMokE

oh more on the kelvin... 2700 just means that it is warm red spectrum..... the lumins on a CFL is what you wanna look at in terms of "intensity of light" IoL (something I just made up.... yep.. I did it).

using 10 CFL's all between 2700k and 3000k and even up to 5000 k I got some of the frostiest buds I've ever seen...... they were also very small buds.

the intensity of light equaled to about 16000 lumins since each bulb was 1600 lumins...

Compare that to the smaller end of HPS bulbs... a 400w which is usually around 80000 lumins..... yo ucan see why photosynthesis (I like to call it leaf cooking as you can smell the plant being baked when you're using CFL's... you can almost smell the molecules churning in the leaves from the heat it's weird) takes a lot longer with CFL's

DoDad

I made a lot of mistakes this first grow that I won't make again. I'm still going to be successful this time, but there were major lessons learned. I could write a really long post on all I did wrong.

The mistakes I made as it pertains to this thread is obvious now.

For a new grower, buy good seeds and because I am a less than 6 small plant grower, buy Fems.

I have one auto Fem in the tent and it's doing great. Buds everywhere. I have one Afghani regular and it's doing even better. When I grew good genetics from seed I had good results. Bag seed? Not so much.

I also think that for a new guy just trying to grow some head stash it's important to have success early. I vegged these plants for too long and while it may payoff on this grow I think I'm more of a 12/12 from seed guy.

Which brings me to my next point which is selecting strains that do well in the type of growing I do. The bag seeds are probably grown outdoors.

I'm not experienced enough to know what a male and female looks like very early on and frankly, I don't have to give so much of a damn if I'm growing Fems. If I'm growing from seed and good genetics I don't have to be so concerned about Hermies either.

I had males , hermies all over my house this first grow. I don't have space or the inclination to grow more meds than I need in the first place, much less time and effort to grow plants that are almost a waste.

My next grow will be a SOG 12/12 from seed and a handful of beans that grow well at 12/12 from seed and a SOG. I'm buying from a reputable seed breeder. No exceptions.

I won't be growing anymore bag seeds. Problem solved.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
i was gone but i just came back for a quick second to let you all know that pollen from a female is hermi pollen whether it stressed on it's own or you force it to stress with chemicals. the end result is hermi flowers on a female.

peace.

Not true.

At all.

Pollen from a female doesn't make intersex phenotypes invariably.

I'm not saying you don't have reason to allude that such a fact is true.

I'm saying you haven't found female pollen that results in female plants.

I have.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
those arent what male flowers look like. aside from grouping that looks nothing like male flowres looks like tiny leaves unfurling. as for the question of how long you can keep a male before it opens and pollinates everything.

View Image

right around here. when the balls start dangling from the stems they are about to open. before that they are all clustered up like this.

Cool. Still looks likes a male to me. Males are the ones that makes pollens?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
XX results in no Y chromosome.

I'm not wrong.

I've had many crosses to experiment.

I've proven it to myself and others.

You are wrong.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
So did this thing ever get off the ground??

Do you have flowers yet?

Or did you decide not to fix pinhole leaks and buy weed?

The suspense is killing me.

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
As said before:

"sometimes it takes a bit longer."

got strains that need nearly 30 days to show sex while others do in 3 days :)