What's new

1989 Seattle-Metallica

G

Anyone ever seen this DVD? It kicks ass :headbange :headbange especially during creeping death when the crowd is chanting " :cuss: Die, Die, Die :cuss: " then Kirk goes into some solos and then does some Hendrix :yoinks: .Very intense. :angrymod: :angrymod:

I Used To Grow

I've never seen it but now I want to.

I saw Metallica 6 years ago on the Summer Sanitarium Tour and they kicked major ass.

I'm going to pick up this Metallica in Seattle DVD if I can ever find it.

G

My older bro took me to see Metallica at the Stone on Broadway SF and in Palo Alto. Dave mustaine was still with them then. Wish I knew what I was witnessing then but I was 14 or so. If I could only see em again today :headbange I would have loved to see the Metallica/Alice in Chains show but it did not happen :badday:

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I saw the "new" Metallica in DC on the St Anger tour (with Godsmack opening). They are still great but they have obviously lost a step or two over the years.

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
yea dude, metallica would do themselves a great service by picking the bottle back up

G

clorox said:
yea dude, metallica would do themselves a great service by picking the bottle back up

lmao! I have to agree. the best stuff they did was when they were themselves and not tryin to please everyone outside of their main fan base. could have to do with growin up I guess but that's no fun :pointlaug

Oledad420

Not only have I seen the video of it, me and my bro's where at the show the night they filmed. That was back when they where a real band, not a bunch of sell outs

G

I was blessed with the chance to see the mighty Met 6 times in their reign of terror.
Justice- Billings, Mt.
Justice- Salt Lake City
Black-Salt Lake City X 2!!! We rocked so hard they came back for another sold out show 6 weeks later!
Metalica/Guns-n-Roses--Phoenix...James was all burned up and wearing a cast. The guitarist from Testement was playing rhythem for him...John Marshall I believe it was?
Metallica/Godsmack in Portland. It was my least favorite show, Odd not seeing Jason there. I can really see a differance since the early days. Man they are gettin' old.

Seed

G

Wow talk about some fast replies! That dvd is available through at least lime wire 2 parts (500megs a piece). Man that dvd rocks out hard core.

Gro Nut- that is fukin kick ass that you seen dave when he played with metallica!!
Oldedad420- i cnat believe that you seen that show, what would i do to be there that night!!! could you tell us more about it? everyone feel free to elaborate!!!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
cant dog them for sellin out!! they changed the way metal was played, percieved, written and just about everything else!! they are now older, richer and sober, thats a tough obstacle when your goal is to write metal music. aside from Slayer, not many bands have had success at that level and still capture the kind of raw emotion and anger and hostility it takes to make thier music. no, they are not what they used to be, but what they were places them amongst the greatest ever whether they are doing "trapped under ice" or "mary had a little lamb" on stage!!!!
Anyway, just saw alaskan in your name and wanted to say hi!!!! grew up in delta in the 80's listening to metallica and drinkin yeager just cuz i saw them doing it in hit parade mag!!!!

G

Lol right on, i here delta is getting full of russians nowadays?! I agree with you 100% though. metallica still gets up there and plays and i think that is fukin cool. they have had one of the greatest challenges, creating there own style of music then going through the changes in society today and still be rockin! i dont know if that made any sense i kinda stoned. later

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I knew they were "done" when Lars couldnt do the original drums on "One" at the show. Instead of his solos toward the end of the song they replaced it with guitar and bass.

Latest posts

Latest posts