What's new

1974 French Connection Skunk #1 IBL by Aficionado French Connection

hey, I took a little by chance to have the skunk #1 variety from aficionado french connection, from all I hear I even start to doubt its authenticity, it speaks of a pre skunk pure lineage indica. Have people been able to get these packs and grow it,
if so can you give a little feedback on grow and experience

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Looks like you are on your own friend unless someone comes around. Crack them and post and someone will come alone. Thanks for sharing.

crunkyeah

Veteran
As someone who used to be an AFC fanboy I don't know what to think of this strain.

I have tried La Marquise, Hyperion, V-SPEC (the expensive release), Invictus, and now Tentazione. All of the AFC plants I've tried have exceeded all expectations. The thing that really gets me with them is the descriptions they give. They're 100% accurate in my experience. If I had to pick one breeder with the best descriptions AFC would win hands down.

That said, the '74 Skunk seems a bit odd even in terms of AFC products. I wasn't able to find any seedbanks in the US offering that line. It seems to be a Europe-only line. Additionally some have pointed out that the lineage of their version doesn't really match up with what we (the public) know about the skunk strain. Last but not least... if these seeds are so in demand why only offer a handful of packs to the world? Seems fishy.

If you do grow these, hopefully you're prepared to breed them together. I'm sure many people would be interested in trying them to test them against other worked 'skunk' lines. I would be one of them.

Green Highland

Not sure about those beans.
379EF016-8559-4B27-8FF4-05182BC31F67.jpeg

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I don't know if the seeds are legit. But skunk does have a lot of Afghan in it. And it is one of the building blocks. Afghans can be very skunky. So the indica building block thing is not bullshit.

goingrey

Originally bred in 1969 Skunk using diverse Landrace genetics from around the world:Afghani, Acapulco Gold, and Colombian Gold.

Before Sam the Skunk offer to the world the first stable hybrid , his work converged through an intricate selective breeding process that spanned several generations, and finally the genetic cornerstone of countless actual cannabis hybrids was born.

The first true commercial triple way hybrid ever stabilized : Sam the Skunkman first release in 1976 under the name Skunk # 1 following his second release in 1982.

Europe discovered this remarkable Hybrid during the 80,s when Sam the Skunk Man gave the genetic to Neville, Flying Dutchmen, .... Before that Europe met only few times the Skunk 1 only at rare and episodic occasions from the French Connection importation ( called by French peoples the Corsican Connection ) using his comeback transit way from USA to import Skunk #1 compressed bricks from 1971 to 1974 at which time French Connection totally disappeared.

Today Aficionado French Connection is honored to be able to offer to the community this authentic line collected in 1974 in Corsica from a Brick imported from California !

Aficionado French Connection Skunk IBL is a true piece from the early time of the breeding birth, conserved during 45 years and never released until now.

Indica Dominant this line is a true representative of the Afghan dominant Skunk #1 lines which ones are now the hardest to find of the fact Sam the Skunk Man did his selection work mainly looking for high THC phenotypes , this is why the Skunk 1 was stabilized on the Colombian side of the genetic.

Expect a bouquet of terpenes profiles variation from the Skunk Spray to the linoleum passing by the turpentine .....

We are so happy to be able to introduce new genes to the community. This line is a true gold mine for any breeder, grower collector, ....it deserve a real preservation project !

From the fact this genetic was collected at the early stage of the Skunk birth ( before stabilization work ) some landrace phenotype can still show up.

Aficionado French Connection Skunk is a short bloom strain, 55 days, disease and pest-resistant, strain most of the pheno have the double dentition leaf and the Orange Pistil which are characteristic of the true old Skunk 1, very interesting for any breeding project !

Aficionado French Connection limited release by Leo Stone and Professor Q

Details
10 Regular Seeds
( 1974 French Connection Skunk x 1974 French Connection Skunk )
Indica dominant
Skunk Spray / Chemical / Acid / Musk
8-9 Weeks
End September
500 Gr per m²
THC High

SUPER_HAZE

Don't you know the story behind this skunk?
Todd McCormick's claimed that all that story was a lie and that skunk comes from him.
He published a photo of the request for seeds or emails that they made and months later this skunk appeared...
There was a scandal on Instagram and aficionado had to take off Instagram for a while. It lasted very little for sale and then I have not seen it again.
Who knows where that skunk comes from...
If you want skunk look for ancestral skunk and make a selection. If you don't look in other banks, Todd, Sensi Seeds, Old School Genetics, Pandora Seed Bank...

KAGNCHA

Originally bred in 1969 Skunk using diverse Landrace genetics from around the world:Afghani, Acapulco Gold, and Colombian Gold.

Before Sam the Skunk offer to the world the first stable hybrid , his work converged through an intricate selective breeding process that spanned several generations, and finally the genetic cornerstone of countless actual cannabis hybrids was born.

The first true commercial triple way hybrid ever stabilized : Sam the Skunkman first release in 1976 under the name Skunk # 1 following his second release in 1982.

Europe discovered this remarkable Hybrid during the 80,s when Sam the Skunk Man gave the genetic to Neville, Flying Dutchmen, .... Before that Europe met only few times the Skunk 1 only at rare and episodic occasions from the French Connection importation ( called by French peoples the Corsican Connection ) using his comeback transit way from USA to import Skunk #1 compressed bricks from 1971 to 1974 at which time French Connection totally disappeared.

Today Aficionado French Connection is honored to be able to offer to the community this authentic line collected in 1974 in Corsica from a Brick imported from California !

Aficionado French Connection Skunk IBL is a true piece from the early time of the breeding birth, conserved during 45 years and never released until now.

Indica Dominant this line is a true representative of the Afghan dominant Skunk #1 lines which ones are now the hardest to find of the fact Sam the Skunk Man did his selection work mainly looking for high THC phenotypes , this is why the Skunk 1 was stabilized on the Colombian side of the genetic.

Expect a bouquet of terpenes profiles variation from the Skunk Spray to the linoleum passing by the turpentine .....

We are so happy to be able to introduce new genes to the community. This line is a true gold mine for any breeder, grower collector, ....it deserve a real preservation project !

From the fact this genetic was collected at the early stage of the Skunk birth ( before stabilization work ) some landrace phenotype can still show up.

Aficionado French Connection Skunk is a short bloom strain, 55 days, disease and pest-resistant, strain most of the pheno have the double dentition leaf and the Orange Pistil which are characteristic of the true old Skunk 1, very interesting for any breeding project !

Aficionado French Connection limited release by Leo Stone and Professor Q

Details
10 Regular Seeds
( 1974 French Connection Skunk x 1974 French Connection Skunk )
Indica dominant
Skunk Spray / Chemical / Acid / Musk
8-9 Weeks
End September
500 Gr per m²
THC High
Written like a fairy tail... Cannabis smokers have great imaginations good & bad depending on the person. And come on, selling weed seeds in a jewelry box with some LOUIS VUITTON pattern alike ain't gonna make them seeds special.
...for GOD SAKES!