What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1970s red BUD COLOMBIAN ?

acespicoli

1708486038553.png

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
A 1933 report by the U.S. Army Medical Corps published in the publication Military Surgeon, titled Marijuana Smoking in Panama, based on a study of U.S. Army personnel in the Panama Canal Zone, found that cannabis was generally not addictive and was less harmful to soldiers than alcohol.[7][8] The report recommended that use of cannabis on military bases should continue to be prohibited, but outside of these areas there should be no further restriction.[8]

View attachment 18962403
View attachment 18962405
View attachment 18962411
View attachment 18962409
I remember smoking some of those buds back in the day. I also remember drooling over that High Times mag too.

acespicoli

ltheese hightimes pics look a bit like the colombian brick weed i used to get xD View attachment 18962471
1708518577144.png

@LSN
"This is Colombian Red, grown from a seed saved from the 70s. I smoked a small bowl and certainly got overwhelmed by the THC, but it is different from todays weed. "

This is what some of the red hair was looking like coming across the border '90
A little more bag appeal than the red hard sticky stuff.

The resin from the old hard stuff would quickly clog a pipe or drown a joint like hash on a stem
it was so dense its like nothing you will find today in the main stream the flavor of smoke...
You would struggle to break it into small enough pieces for a joint, better in a pipe
Literally too dense and sticky to easily work into a joint.
Hard to describe, In terms of weed ... much easier to describe as hash if that makes sense.
The smell taste flavor would be mistaken for the best hash out there.
If you just walked in the room and got passed a bowl of the stuff, you would think they passed you hash!
That was the appeal of the Old Red Hair.

>Best>>>ibes :huggg:

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
I have 70’s colombian red seeds....I had hoped it would be my holy grail

in the end it was too sedating for me..and not enough euphoria /happiness

it made beautiful resin caked sativas..maybe I should have grown out more and pheno hunted

or maybe its what the variety does..I do remeber being enthralled with the beauty of colombian red buds in

the 70’s the are time we got them..and think I remember it not being zippy/happy

which is..something I need

Last edited:

Terppalooza

View attachment 18962502
@LSN
"This is Colombian Red, grown from a seed saved from the 70s. I smoked a small bowl and certainly got overwhelmed by the THC, but it is different from todays weed. "

This is what some of the red hair was looking like coming across the border '90
A little more bag appeal than the red hard sticky stuff.

The resin from the old hard stuff would quickly clog a pipe or drown a joint like hash on a stem
it was so dense its like nothing you will find today in the main stream the flavor of smoke...
You would struggle to break it into small enough pieces for a joint, better in a pipe
Literally too dense and sticky to easily work into a joint.
Hard to describe, In terms of weed ... much easier to describe as hash if that makes sense.
The smell taste flavor would be mistaken for the best hash out there.
If you just walked in the room and got passed a bowl of the stuff, you would think they passed you hash!
That was the appeal of the Old Red Hair.

>Best>>>ibes :huggg:
wow that looks special

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Fried found best pheno of Cred years ago….. did my damndest to spread, but think she gone…. Crossed to old Sk1 and some close phenos but none with the legendary high….
ganj on…..