What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1970 tropical Seeds (asumably not old Seeds) not Sprout HELP!

fuutang

This may not seem like a lot of wattage per lamp until you multiply them, e.g. 6 x 40w = 240w, and 10 x 40w = 400w. The 40w output of a home-5w-LED compares to the old 40watt filament bulbs. Although home-5w-LED only draw 5watts of power, this is the same output as an old 40w filament bulb. (I think, heh :moon:).

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Well,
i put the half part into purified water and 10% h202 mix. And the other half into just water. 24 Hours long.

Then into damp paper Towel,into opened Ziplock, then into paper Plates under Growlight. Heat map too. 24 Hours Long.

Then the half of Seeds went into pro mix seedling soil, the other stayed in Pape Towel, 48 Hous Long.

So i finally Cracked all seeds, wich i initially Sandpapered at First already.

4 Days from initially starting. No Movement.

--------

Those should be newer reproduced Seeds, not fom 1970, but the Line is from 1970.

Could it be that this is a Line that is just too acclimatized to the Climate? The Seeds looked glossy, not like old Seedstash wich looks pale, im pretty shure cant be thaat old.
So, what to do if they are not enough acclimatized.? Or if something else the problem, what to doo?

Its a very exotic line and seeds look juassic thats for shure.

Any Ideas?

If this is their "1970s" Durban, its actually from 2008 but they lie and sell it as 1970s to cash in.
I know the guy they got it from and they ripped him off

romanoweed

what the hack are you talking about? about my durban genetics? who do you mean by "them" if you have not the slightes info wich durban i have cause i ddnt mention the vendor. ..

i said: show me unlabelled pics from 70s landraces, africa southamerica, india and some from SE asia, see if i find em SE Asians.. blindtest. better then try to find the very few clearly stated guesses on a Lineage that i did..

romanoweed

aah, now i realize, you understood "tropical seed company". no.. dude, i ment these is a pure tropical strain. and because they might be soo aclimatized, i named the thread "tropical 1970 seeds", to make clear: we might have an acclimatisation problem

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When you soak the seed too long you can easily drown the embryo. Also putting wet seeds in a sealed plastic bag is a good way to kill the seeds or weaken them. Just put one seed into potting soil and keep it wet for 48 hrs and then after 48hrs put it under a light. Do like Mother Nature for the best results. 😎

Latest posts

Latest posts