What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1964 Organic Lebanese Hash

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor

Genetics: probably Blue Dream w/Pink Kush hybrid
Grower/Producer: 1964 Supply Co (Rubicon Holdings)

Overall: 8.5/10

Bag Appeal: It’s a lump of medium soft (but not oily) brown hash with 1964 stamped on it. Packaged in a good glass jar.
Smell: muted sweet berry
Taste: fairly generic sweet incense - not at all harsh - a slight aftertaste of oil
Potency: Tested @ 47.1%
Terpenes: 1.04%
Duration: 9.0/10

1964-2.jpg

First, let’s get past the name. It is not Lebanese. It is a dry sift from organically-grown flower that was greenhouse-grown in British Columbia. 1964 was not a great vintage in Bordeaux or much of anything else so WTF? They credit the innocence of earlier times and Prof Mechoulam’s 1964 discovery of the organic THC compound as their inspiration for the date. According to reddit buzz, the genetics are Blue Dream with a touch of Pink Kush. After discovering all of that less than encouraging info, it also took me two attempts to buy it at my local store because they were confusing it with another organic hash. And when I did buy it the budtender apologized and explained that the outer bag was taped because all of the stock of this one had a defective packaging. Inside the pkg it came in a nice glass container.

It has the taste, the texture, the smell, the look and the high of a high quality hash for a medium amount of dollars. The only failing is its light taste and the slight end taste - when vaped you can taste the hash oil that they added to boost the THC %. It also only has a very light smell. The high hits very well with a good body stone.

Available @ retail cannabis stores in Canada. $35.99/2 grams

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
It was super dirty and inferior

Nah. I will have to disagree with you. Very unoriginal - yes. But then all of the ‘original’ hash I have seen in canuckistan over the last 2 years has been inferior and the legal market has just started to figure it all out. The hot selling legal hash right now is Vortex. Now it I might label inferior because it tastes quite nasty.

goingrey

It's a strange thing.

Is there really more demand for fake Lebanese hash than real Blue Dream hash?

Looks and sounds pretty good, why not just call it what it is?

And aren't there any marketing laws in Canada prohibiting this kind of nonsense? Or are they using the old "the French toast you get at the diner wasn't flown in from France either" defense...

TanzanianMagic

Veteran

Bag Appeal: It’s a lump of medium soft (but not oily) brown hash with 1964 stamped on it. Packaged in a good glass jar.
Taste: fairly generic sweet incense - not at all harsh - a slight aftertaste of oil

View attachment 18738040

First, let’s get past the name. It is not Lebanese. It is a dry sift from organically-grown flower that was greenhouse-grown in British Columbia. 1964 was not a great vintage in Bordeaux or much of anything else so WTF? They credit the innocence of earlier times and Prof Mechoulam’s 1964 discovery of the organic THC compound as their inspiration for the date. According to reddit buzz, the genetics are Blue Dream with a touch of Pink Kush. After discovering all of that less than encouraging info, it also took me two attempts to buy it at my local store because they were confusing it with another organic hash. And when I did buy it the budtender apologized and explained that the outer bag was taped because all of the stock of this one had a defective packaging. Inside the pkg it came in a nice glass container.

It has the taste, the texture, the smell, the look and the high of a high quality hash for a medium amount of dollars. The only failing is its light taste and the slight end taste - when vaped you can taste the hash oil that they added to boost the THC %. It also only has a very light smell. The high hits very well with a good body stone.

This is what commercially available hash looks like in the NL, which had a hash culture long before a weed flower culture.

Notice the structure of the pressed resin, and the smooth outside of the hash. The picture above looks like it has a lot of non-resin in it. And why add hash oil if you have good material to begin with?

I've seen better hash made by hippies using water and a glass 40 years ago in Robert Connell Clarke's book Hashish!, which also lists many hashmaking methods.

You're better off making your own. And the positive thing about that is that the flowers don't need to look pretty, only the resin needs to be mature.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Dude, 1982 some guy sold me a ball of Blonde Leb hash for $10. He handed it to me and laughed saying, "Be careful with this.. you're gonna be seeing colors".. The taste was unworldly and yeah.. I was seeing colors!

Then there was that time in 1987 I scored another ball and this very nice purple indica for the Pink Floyd concert at Cleveland Municipal Stadium. Not bragging but I brought the hash cloud. Years later I'd run into folks that were at the concert and they'd say that the whole stadium smelled like hash.. I told them that I brought the hash cloud.. of course they didn't believe me.

..and then there was that time in ..

420PyRoS

Mmm hash.
Just made some myself. This piece picture was twisted apart after dried.

A 3 way mix of LA Affie, Grape Kush and Viper Cookies

Fellow I gave it too was complaining that he tried heating it to sprinkle in his joint and it would just melt. 😄 🤣 old timers.

Attachments

• 20231204_063514.jpg
    20231204_063514.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I had some of my 45u Lebanese about 3 1/2 hours ago and I still have a nice buzz as the landing is soft and alert. I still have half a bowl of shavings.
Peace farmerlion

OleReynard

View attachment 18738040

Soapbar?